Senior Project Engineer
September 2013 – Present (2 months)barrow-in-furness, england
Implementing a 'Learning from Experience' process and culture across Maritime Submarines, as part of a focused cost saving initiative.
BAE SystemsProject Management Graduate
September 2011 – August 2013 (2 years)Barrow-in-Furness
A Project Management Graduate on a £9.1bn programme for one of the country's leading heavy engineering defence companies. I have undertaken the below roles covering many aspects of project management:
* Working closely with key stakeholders at every level of the business to ensure the effective delivery of events.
* Liaising with customers to ascertain their precise event requirements.
* Developing, implementing and managing events.
* Organising open days, conferences, away days, assessment centres and recruitment campaigns.
* Working closely with exhibitors, stand owners and contractors.
* Budget & schedule management.
* Delivering a successful recruitment drive across the UK for the BAE Systems Graduate and Trainee Schemes.
* Organising and delivering assessment centres, Company open days, and school, college and University recruitment presentations/events.
* Acting as Campus Manager organising and attending recruitment events at targeted Universities.
* Supporting the Learning & Development Graduate and Trainee Manager in all other aspects of the Early Careers Schemes.
Learning & Development
* Progressing training packages through the full Learning & Development lifecycle.
* Exploring the use of mixed media and various technologies as training solutions.
* Developing documentation and processes around further/higher education and supporting the business from an L&D perspective.
* Reviewing the status of all the Legal Policies within the business and creating a Legal Policy implementation plan which the business can use to implement policies effectively and efficiently.
* Working with the processes and tools used to plan, manage and mitigate cost and schedule issues and any risk events that may impact a project.
* Investigating the availability and suitability of options for new facility solutions for the future submarine class.