I could write a full essay on this job. I'll just summarise it for you.
- Bullies in senior management.
- Incompetent, condescending, backstabbing management.
- Outdated systems.
- Poor pay.
- Contracted days, not just hours.
- Maximum 20 hour contract unless you are a senior manager.
- Short, unpaid breaks.
- quarterly stock take that senior management does not get paid extra for.
- Senior managers do not get paid extra for putting more hours in.
- Lower and senior managers harassed constantly on their days off via Whatsapp groups.
- Holidays are NEVER, EVER actioned. Senior managers deny receiving holiday forms even if handed to them personally in full view of CCTV.
- Constantly monitored and timed.
- Rota times are to be ignored. You will start early and finish late. Every. Day.
- If you're on the first management or fill shifts, you will be required to start at 6.30AM and will not be allowed to leave until you either finish the enormous deliveries, or the shop closes. Whichever comes first.
- Senior managers delegate EVERYTHING. I understand that this is a part of their job, but what is NOT a part of their job is to stand around with their phone on charge taking snaps and browsing the latest LadBible posts while their Lead Sales' do all their work for them.
- You will nearly never get your entitled 11 hours rest between shifts.
This company is awful. It is well known for its bullying culture and has one of the highest staff turnovers in the UK.
Shifts are long, breaks are short, work is hard, management is unsupportive, condescending and lazy, area and regional managers are a complete joke.
This company regularly shells out money in compensation because they have so many claims. Health and safety does not exist in this company. Worker's rights do not exist in this company. Fair wage does not exist in this company.
You are expected to kill yourself in this company for minimum wage.
If you are unemployed and this in the only place in your area hiring, stay on Jobseeker's Allowance. Seriously. It's that bad.