Customer Focused, friendly staff
Office Manager, Acting Deputy Manager (Former Employee) – Staffordshire – 11 June 2015
• Customer focused at all times
• Ensure all staff fully and efficiently carry out instructions and work in a safe manner in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
• Maintain Stock File Accuracy and Store Compliance
• Assist in the smooth running of the store and to achieve maximum sales
• Ensure that all staff are aware of all Company procedures, policies, rules and regulations and that they are adhered to at all times
• Make sure the store has the highest standards of presentation
• Ensure all audit requirements are met
• Responsible for the operational compliance of the store retail support functions.
• Trading Standards compliance checks
• Store e-mail system usage
• Production of Point Of Sale/ price indicators
• Booking on of incoming/outgoing stock
• Processing of damaged (demics) stock
• Issuing and inputting stock inventory counts
• Issuing and inputting inter-store transfers
• Ensuring store compliance with Company deadlines
• Processing customer orders
• New starter induction
• New starter reference checks
• Payroll procedures
• Adherence to cash office procedures
Knowledge & Competencies
• Ensure that all Senior Managers, Department Managers and Supervisors are informed of all aspects of the daily action bulletin and other store needs and that all Head Office deadlines are met.
Ensure that the integrity of the building, monies and goods within by controlling all keys, safes, exits, entrances, activation and deactivations of alarm system.
• Ensure that you are available to cover alarm call-outs, and that the information that the monitoring station has is up to date and relevant.
Health & Safety:
• Comply with all Legal & Company Health & Safety regulations within the store for customers and staff.
• Ensure the safe use of machinery, electrical equipment, manual handling and general housekeeping of the store.
• Keep written records of fire alarm tests, accidents and electrical testing.
• Keep all risk assessments up to date and ensure risk assessments are completed on all relevant members of staff.
• Make sure the store has a fully functional and working Health & Safety committee; that meetings are held regularly and minutes published on the staff notice board.
• Training: ensuring that:
o All staff are fully competent in the duties asked of them
o All staff can work safely
o Identify training needs
o All training is completed.
• Rotas: ensure that:
o The weekly staff rotas for your department are organised and adhered to
o The department has sufficient cover at all times.
• Discipline: Ensure that:
o All staff adhere to all Company procedures.
o Gain full productivity from all staff at all times
• Recruitment: ensure that:
o All vacancies are brought to the Store Manager’s attention.
• Liaising with all buyers on all stock issues.
• Monitor all stock deliveries as per Company procedures and periodically spot-check vehicles entering and leaving site.
• Ensure any stock movement i.e. in-store transfers has authorisation.
• Ensure all customer collections and deliveries are signed for in the correct manner.
• Ensure that all EPOS standards and legal requirements are monitored and upheld
• Check that regular trading standards reports are completed and all issues raised are signed for in the correct manner
• Pre-opening morning store checks to ensure that the checkout and customer service areas are clear, tidy and ready for start of business. Inspecting each department within the store.