Zurich North America

Zurich North America Employee Reviews

It's a big brand, that's it. They look good on the internet and linkedin but that's not how it is behind closed doors. Technology really out-dated. Too much duplication in processing. Staff been there longer do what they want. No real progression. Internal interviews for progression always formally carried out but they still look outside the company for new staff. Too much sickness between all staff. Can't moan too much, could have been worse elsewhere.
A great company to work, where I learned many great skills that have helped me through my career. Zurich is a company I regret leaving but I had to leave due to a redundancy situation
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Very poor management who do not support staff. Very "clicky" for the last 2 years I was there made my life unbearable due to the fact I took time off work while having chemotherapy - they expected me to continue to work full time, then when I went part time I was still expected to do full time work. The management want yes people and those that stand up for themselves are outcast If your looking for a job I would go somewhere else
Pros
Some people
Cons
My experience at Zurich was on the a whole a positive one. My managers were supportive and encouraging to my personal development. The work was varied and interesting although the workload was often in a state of backlog and the pressure was often felt within the team.
Had own portfolio of motor claims to handle from inception through to fruition. My manager was always keen to offer guidance and what I loved he'd seek to get me to come up with solutions rather than give you the answer. I had a great manager that brought the best out in me.
Pros
I work was enjoyable
Cons
Frustrating, slow moving change. Poorly implemented new systems resulted in the need to maintain old systems and new ones at the same time. Cottage industry workload without fully embracing change throughout lines of business
Professional fun and flexible working environment. Light and spacious building, restaurant on site, career progression, emphasis on personal goal setting, friendly teams and general sense of purpose. Good benefits with flexible working and opportunities for both full and part time colleagues. In providing a balanced review, it is fair to point out some constructive points in the interest of improvement. With the UK headcount halved in less than a decade the workload for remaining colleagues has increased by at least a third, therefore focus is required on innovation aligned to keeping key experienced staff members. Short term cost cutting exercises detract from the company’s long term customer centric strategy and there is an increasing acknowledgment that Zurich is not the ‘great place to work’ it once was.
New home warranty department,it was fast paced, busy, lots of calls, working with builders and developers, close contact with surveyors and solicitors
Great benefits and flexibility, but poor management, poor HR communication and mixed executive message. It's a big company which needs to rectify it's ground level staffing issues. There have been constant redundancy warnings in the 7 years I have worked here.
I did enjoy aspects of this job, but mostly the people that worked there! The job offered me training though, which was really helpful. Having said this, I was with an agency, so the salary benefits, I wasn't too sure on.
This was a temporary position in which my time was made enjoyable. The people were nice and make you feel very welcome. Everyone was always on hand to help.
Lead generation was most important. It was a hard position to handle straight out of University, however I learnt exactly what was needed to grow a successful business of my own.
The work environment was great at Zurich and i had the opportunity to meet many wonderful and helpful people who helped me when i started uot on my work journey.
I thoroughly enjoyed my 2.5 years working for Zurich Insurance, Programme of work was very interesting, people are very driven, Hard Working, Friendly.
Pros
Driven, Hard Working, Friendly, Family Friendly
Cons
This job was a long time ago. For total loss claims on vehicles. Processing the claim Communcating settlement amounts with policy holders. Recording total loss on MIAFTR database
A good company to work for who look after and reward their staff, also the benefits and pension scheme was excellent. I had to leave this job to take on my Son.
Pros
Job security
Cons
I enjoyed my role at Zurich Financial Services very much. The staff were hard working and professional. They trained their staff very well and this has helped me in my roles since leaving the company.
always place for progression. Management does a lot for the employees , they hear you when you raise your concerns and wok on doing it better and providing a much better environment to people to work in. great working area, and people are nice. always busy but great place to work .
Pros
Everything was Great
Cons
Within 3 months of starting a role I was looking for the exit. Poor transition of role to another team on day 2 of my start date. Poor training and dropped in the deep end on other responsibilities that were not in my job role. Bad management skills, didn't take advice from experienced new starter over degree based Indian Intern.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Lack of coherence & skills in Management Teams
Great place to work. Even when made redundant they still look after you. Lovely people. Very professional good pay >> ,,,,, bjsdbo9[wsdvbgtqu9wt9
Pros
34gh iodfh
Cons
3rghth1
A really great company to work for. The work at times was challenging but made bearable by excellent management and so many great people around you. Lots of development opportunities and good perks. Thoroughly enjoyed working here.