Zurich North America Employee Reviews

Bad Management
Claims Handler (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire19 May 2019
Very poor management who do not support staff.

Very "clicky" for the last 2 years I was there made my life unbearable due to the fact I took time off work while having chemotherapy - they expected me to continue to work full time, then when I went part time I was still expected to do full time work.

The management want yes people and those that stand up for themselves are outcast

If your looking for a job I would go somewhere else
Pros
Some people
Solid employer
Claims Handler 2 (Former Employee) –  Whiteley, Hampshire8 May 2019
My experience at Zurich was on the a whole a positive one. My managers were supportive and encouraging to my personal development. The work was varied and interesting although the workload was often in a state of backlog and the pressure was often felt within the team.
Productive and fun
Insurance Claims Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes26 March 2019
Had own portfolio of motor claims to handle from inception through to fruition.
My manager was always keen to offer guidance and what I loved he'd seek to get me to come up with solutions rather than give you the answer. I had a great manager that brought the best out in me.
Pros
I work was enjoyable
Slow moving
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Whiteley, Hampshire18 February 2019
Frustrating, slow moving change. Poorly implemented new systems resulted in the need to maintain old systems and new ones at the same time. Cottage industry workload without fully embracing change throughout lines of business
Professional fun and flexible working environment.
GLOBAL & UK FUNDS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire14 January 2019
Professional fun and flexible working environment.
Light and spacious building, restaurant on site, career progression, emphasis on personal goal setting, friendly teams and general sense of purpose.
Good benefits with flexible working and opportunities for both full and part time colleagues.

In providing a balanced review, it is fair to point out some constructive points in the interest of improvement.
With the UK headcount halved in less than a decade the workload for remaining colleagues has increased by at least a third, therefore focus is required on innovation aligned to keeping key experienced staff members.

Short term cost cutting exercises detract from the company’s long term customer centric strategy and there is an increasing acknowledgment that Zurich is not the ‘great place to work’ it once was.
fast paced
Customer Support Controller (Former Employee) –  Farnborough8 January 2019
New home warranty department,it was fast paced, busy, lots of calls, working with builders and developers, close contact with surveyors and solicitors
A mixed bag.
Technical Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whiteley29 September 2018
Great benefits and flexibility, but poor management, poor HR communication and mixed executive message. It's a big company which needs to rectify it's ground level staffing issues. There have been constant redundancy warnings in the 7 years I have worked here.
Mixed thoughts
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Solihull10 September 2018
I did enjoy aspects of this job, but mostly the people that worked there! The job offered me training though, which was really helpful. Having said this, I was with an agency, so the salary benefits, I wasn't too sure on.
Temporary
Data Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham20 August 2018
This was a temporary position in which my time was made enjoyable. The people were nice and make you feel very welcome. Everyone was always on hand to help.
Graduate position
Graduate Trainee (Former Employee) –  London3 August 2018
Lead generation was most important. It was a hard position to handle straight out of University, however I learnt exactly what was needed to grow a successful business of my own.
Great job
Data Entry / Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sutton, Greater London13 June 2018
The work environment was great at Zurich and i had the opportunity to meet many wonderful and helpful people who helped me when i started uot on my work journey.
Great Company to work for
Programme Planner on Project Michelangelo (Former Employee) –  Whiteley, Hampshire10 May 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my 2.5 years working for Zurich Insurance, Programme of work was very interesting, people are very driven, Hard Working, Friendly.
Pros
Driven, Hard Working, Friendly, Family Friendly
Total loss advisor
Total Loss Advisor (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire2 May 2018
This job was a long time ago.
For total loss claims on vehicles.
Processing the claim
Communcating settlement amounts with policy holders.
Recording total loss on MIAFTR database
Job security and great benefits
Operator (Former Employee) –  Swindon19 March 2018
A good company to work for who look after and reward their staff, also the benefits and pension scheme was excellent. I had to leave this job to take on my Son.
Pros
Job security
Cons
An extremely good company to work for
PA to Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Swindon Town Centre25 February 2018
I enjoyed my role at Zurich Financial Services very much. The staff were hard working and professional. They trained their staff very well and this has helped me in my roles since leaving the company.
Great Place to work
ACCOUNTS TECHNICIAN / CREDIT CONTROLLER (Former Employee) –  Whiteley17 January 2018
always place for progression. Management does a lot for the employees , they hear you when you raise your concerns and wok on doing it better and providing a much better environment to people to work in.
great working area, and people are nice.
always busy but great place to work .
Pros
Everything was Great
Cons
Poor place to work disorganised
Senior MI Analyst (Former Employee) –  Swindon8 December 2017
Within 3 months of starting a role I was looking for the exit. Poor transition of role to another team on day 2 of my start date. Poor training and dropped in the deep end on other responsibilities that were not in my job role. Bad management skills, didn't take advice from experienced new starter over degree based Indian Intern.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Lack of coherence & skills in Management Teams
Insurance Claims Handler (Former Employee) –  Fareham25 September 2017
Great place to work.

Even when made redundant they still look after you.

Lovely people.

Very professional

good pay

,,,,,

bjsdbo9[wsdvbgtqu9wt9
Pros
34gh iodfh
Cons
3rghth1
Great learning experience with amazing people
MI Analyst (Former Employee) –  Whiteley, Hampshire20 September 2017
A really great company to work for. The work at times was challenging but made bearable by excellent management and so many great people around you. Lots of development opportunities and good perks. Thoroughly enjoyed working here.
Productive and customer focussed
Senior insurance consultant (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire14 September 2017
Zurich is a massive insurance firm to work for and they have given me the opportunity to improve with my career. In the one year of working here, i got promoted to an Senior insurance consultant which gave me the boost and confidence that i needed.
Zurich is a great place to work for and very friendly staff and management. Everyone has equal opportunity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zurich North America. Our community is ready to answer.