Zurich Insurance Group Employee Reviews

A good employer
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Swindon9 January 2018
A good company to work for, you must be prepared to be flexible as there is constant change, which is what you expect from a global corporation. Options for employment outside of the U.K. are also possible
Great company but poor middle management. Too political
Senior Underwriter (Former Employee) –  London2 January 2018
Great place to work and great job. Poor choose for middle managers / team leaders that block career path if you are perceived as a threat. Also lots of dead wood that are kept because “they know the systems”. Flatter structures are needed, too many chiefs that dont produce anything. UK offices having a good shake with exaig management, still need to get rid of all the dead wood and poor team leaders. Also can become too political and you have to watch ur back. Otherwise a great place to work
Pros
Brand, job, travel
Cons
Poor Team Leaders, too political
would work there again
Various Positions and locations (Former Employee) –  Whiteley, Hampshire12 December 2017
Typical day varied depending on the role.
Zurich were always supportive re training, and the roles I carried out offered me variety and challenges to develop from.
I had some excellent managers along with some not so excellent.
Productive and fun place
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire10 August 2017
Very nice working environment with nice open office layout, dynamic working so you can go and sit wherever you want. This can be annoying as you may come in one morning and someone is sat in the space that you class as your own and you cannot leave any belongings on the desk overnight. Amazing company to work for, I only left as it was a summer job while at university.
Management don't care
Administrator insurance (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 June 2017
Having worked for this company as a temporary worker, I was not trained to be fully proficient in my role and the moment I began asking questions about the work I was let go of.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Incompetent and rude management in London for engineering
The wrong focuses
Claims Handler (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire30 May 2017
The company always preaches about going above and beyond for the customer and striving to provide market leading customer service however at the same time reduces customer service roles across the business meaning customers struggle to speak to someone who can help and when they do they get a basic, quick service which often lacks in quality.
Pros
Support professional qualifications
Cons
fragmented and constantly changing executive strategies
Great Company to work for
Policy servicing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Park Street, Cardiff2 May 2017
Very friendly co workers, everyday was different. It's not your average office job, we had fun and fully worked as a team. We decorated our corner every christmas, and throughout and enjoyed ocassional quizzes & games to boost productivity.
The personal lines office is now closed but Zurich Commercial is still ongoing based in Cardiff City centre.
Pros
Pension, flexible hours, bonus- work related & Share options
Cons
Office closure
A range of opportunities
PA /Business Change & IT Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Shurdington Road, Cheltenham19 April 2017
I joined Zurich Insurance & Endsleigh on a 3 month contract to assist with a project. I was fortunate enough to be offered a full-time position elsewhere in the company after just one month of my contract.

I've worked hard to progress within the company, and within the 2 years of being with Zurich and Endsleigh, I've had 4 promotions.

Due to a company restructure, I have unfortunately been placed at risk of redundancy.

I have enjoyed my time within Zurich and Endsleigh Insurance, although I believe now is the time for a new adventure.
Good employer but digital capability investment needed
Annoynmous (Current Employee) –  London9 March 2017
Good employer but digital capability investment needed as legacy systems constraining the ability of the business to compete in an ever tech evolving market.
Pros
High levels of expertise in the business
Cons
Not well suited to fast flow, smaller less complex customers
Professional financial workplace but looked after employees
Executive PA to the Chief Marketing officer (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire17 February 2017
Always busy, focusing on providing the best service to stakeholders. No two days were the same with changing priorities requiring a change in directions but this created an interesting atmosphere to work in. There was an excellent workplace culture in which employees were encouraged to develop their skills and talents. The company benefits were excellent too.
Pros
Employees' benefits were excellent
Cons
Work life balance was sometimes difficult to manage during busy periods
Pleasant place to work with frustrating advancement opportunities
Insurance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire30 January 2017
The people who work there are incredibly friendly and social - often arranging departmental social events and are extremely welcoming to new staff
Training for the jobs you do is extensive
Managers are flexible and do their best to make working as easy and enjoyable as possible
Career advancement is frustrating - not a lot of opportunities and tends to be given to those who have been there a while rather than on ability
Productive and fun place
QA Tester (Current Employee) –  london26 January 2017
As an organisation the company is currently striving to automate most business processes as it has understood benefits of automation in view of cost reduction. Nice place to work as organisational culture is all inclusive
Productive organised and good culture
Zurich insurance property clains telephone handler (Former Employee) –  Fareham17 March 2015
Dealing with property claims for our policy holders, brokers, dealing with complaints, technical issues, ensuring claims are dealt with smoothly, excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Knowledge of insurance and terms of the policies we provide so to communicate and explain to our customers in a clear construtive way so they understand.
Great people and enjoy the job and management are extremely supportive with fantastic training.
Pros
canteen, fun friday, dress down day, buffets, raffles, nights out.
Cons
difficult customers at times
......
Claims administrator (Current Employee) –  Farnborough, ENG22 June 2014
To succeed as a claims administrator, it involves confidence and experienced customer service skills and a calm approach.