ZARA Employee Reviews

Found 434 reviews matching the search See all 4,262 reviews
Busy and fun workplace, great colleagues
Sales assistant / Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 November 2018
The interview process was the best I've ever had and they make sure you're very comfortable before they leave you by yourself.

It's a very busy store but you can rely on colleagues to help and cover when needed.

The management are very honest and easy to get along with, they push you as well without being too demanding.

It's the closest I've ever felt to colleagues at a workplace in 8 years of retail, it has a great culture.
Pros
Good management, friendly environment, opportunities to progress, free fruit, modern company
Cons
Working long hours and conditions during sales
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Canterbury20 November 2018
The most impressive job experience I've ever had. I've learnt a lot about store management and also cash desk procedures. Amazing team. You have the opportunity to develop and advance in position if you work hard and are dedicated.
Pros
good salary, paid holidays
zara company
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London3 October 2018
Zara is one of the bigs retail company, when i was working there i learn that is the most competitive company in retail area, Zara work place environment is challengeable every one want to improve them selfs to bean part of the Management, every customer are happy with the service there, is a very busy place to work they have a very structure environment, for the people work.
Pros
every one fight to be promoted is a very competitive
Cons
to much hours working
fast paced work environment
Retail Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manchester8 October 2018
Great team and Management
Fast-paced, busy environment
Customer- oriented job
great salary benefits (commision from sales, promotions)
staff discount.
Pros
commission
Cons
non flexible hours, highly demanding custromers
exhuasting
sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands27 October 2018
workplace culture would be great

management at the time wasn't handling the store the greatest

job rotation was something that could have happened better
Cons
worst place i have EVER worked
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bluewater, Kent28 October 2018
Managers are nasty and don’t train staff properly, other employees not very welcoming and think they are better than you. When you do something wrong you are patronised instead of correcting the issue. I had to take a couple of days of sick because I was too ill to work and they don’t care about your health they would rather you come in and make yourself worse. Has to resign as too many hours whilst at uni as don’t provide lower that 20 hour contract and they haven’t paid me for what I worked will be contacting HR I have heard it a lot from Zara about underpaying staff its terrible there!!!
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Long hours, self absorbed managers, unwelcoming environment
Good employer
Deputy Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon17 October 2018
a stable employer but the hours are demanding and the work load is intense. customer service should be at the forefront of the day but the tasking overtakes all else so customer service fails.
Pros
excellent salary
Cons
work life balance, long hours
awful work place
sales (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside17 October 2018
My review of working in this store is bad, due to the reasons, the management is disgusting and we are way over worked and under appreciated. There is no respect or understanding of a work and home life balance, it is difficult to get the holidays ,and days off or if you wanted to swap shifts with another colleague its almost impossible. Although the money is good and the commission is high it definitely isn't worth effecting your mental state. This job has effected me a lot causing anxiety and stress even at my young age of 19 which is not good. I do not recommend this job to anyone.
love
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  London, UK3 December 2018
Love the management team and the colleagues there.
limited English at times but its great integrating new cultures
can be stressful at times when covering short staff.
Not what you think
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, Greater London27 November 2018
I started working for Zara recently and I absolutely hate it. I've been there for over a week now and I'm thinking of resigning.

The pay is £8.08 plus commission. They make you work late nights which is non-negotiable and the managers go home before you do. They ask you to come in for an extra day when you're supposed to be off and what's annoying is they don't let you know that you have a choice and can say no so when you say so can I take this day off? They're like no. They made me work 7 days in a row and they are so inconsiderate of me being ill and needing to take a day off like every other person. They make me work so much and expect me to do everything in ONE DAY. You can never take a day off unexpectedly, they always think they're right. So, you BETTER stick up for yourself and not take their shizzle mate. They never give you early shifts so you basically have NO LIFE. They make you do things that are not your job such as tidy the stock room. If you work 6 or 7.5 hours you have 30 mins break, LOL seriously.
Pros
25% staff discount
Cons
Long hours, people, managers, lack of understanding, doing things that aren't your job, overtime, lunch breaks and pay

Want to know more about ZARA?

Ask a question
Productive place
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Leeds26 July 2018
Sales assistant, working long and short hours, it's not a fix rota, which does not allow you to make a lot of plans in advance. Nevertheless, managers are understanding and the working atmosphere is good.
Pros
Commission, colleagues, atmosphere
Cons
Long hours, not a high salary
Worst place to work
Sales assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 June 2018
The managers don’t know what they’re doing. Even staff don’t know what they’re doing sometimes. Understaffed. Being the new person I needed someone that was experienced to work with but on my first day I was left to learn everything on my own. I was expected to learn everything in one day. Managers are RUDE only met one staff member that was nice and helpful. They shout when you do something wrong instead of helping you correct it. I didn’t feel welcomed felt out of place. Breaks were too short. Personally I hated it would never work there again.
Pros
Salary and commissions
Cons
Unorganised, understaffed, rude managers.
Retail as usual but it's all about the people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belfast16 July 2018
This job is retail at its worst - but if you can stick through that you'll meet some great people and have the chance to progress. Managers are very accommidating and will help with whatever you need. Salary is great compared to other retail stores - commission can be amazing during sale/busy periods. Hard to keep up with social life but in the end you'll become good friends with the ones you work with. Would highly recommend.
Pros
salary, workmates
Cons
retail, customers
Challenging
Deputy Head Cashier, Manchester City Centre (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central1 June 2018
It is really hard and challenging workplace, due to the stores being busy all the time. You get your bad days, when you think the worst of the work place, but all in all it’s a great work place if you enjoy being occupied at all times. Can’t speak about the sales assistant role as I have always worked on the tills. It is very diverse role, if you want to get involved in the business. It might be not of what expects from a retailer if you only work there for extra cash as a student, you are expected to work very hard.
Pros
Many opportunities to progress
Cons
Working full time not great work-life balance.
Good job for students
ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 November 2018
Its a typical job for students, you don't see people staying for long. The thing I hated the most is the fact that they prioritize the Spanish staff. leaving the rest of the staff not motivated of recognised.
Pros
easy apply to work
Cons
Bad Management, low pay, stresfull and busy
Busy but staff fairly easy going
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside7 October 2018
Friendly, young and fun staff overall. The occasional manager takes their position and power too seriously which creates a bad atmosphere. Folding clothes, refilling stock and tills are easy.
Pros
Social aspect of going out with staff
Cons
The WORST job in retail possible
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Kensington8 March 2018
I was excited to work at Zara until i found out what a horrible place it was to work.

- Bad management - they have no patience with sales assistants/blame you when something goes wrong / always criticizing you / make you do all the work without resting between.

-Staff - as the new person they didn't make me feel welcomed (only one or two people did). During the staff meetings they would use Spanish words because its a Spanish company and most of the staff understood except me .

- work load- During the sales you are expected to be on your feet non stop carrying heavy around of clothes on your arms , waling up and down the stairs. I stared to feel dizzy and dehydrated most of the time . If it looked like you were resting they would tell you to get back to work ASAP.

-Overtime- you were expected to do overtime even if you never asked for it. Sometimes i would stay behind an extra 1hr/1hr 30mins because there were still customers in the shop and we had tidy the shop and made sure it was perfect for the next day.

Unless you want to be unhappy every day you go to work i would recommend finding another job - it inst worth it , trust me !
Pros
discount
Cons
long hours, short breaks, rude staff and management, unhealthy work environment
The worst company to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  England6 August 2018
After working for the company for many years I was subject to workplace bullying from mangers and have sustained many injuries due to being expected to carry many heavy items up stairs. You do not have a voice in Zara and are just made to feel so small. Constantly overworked and under appreciated. I have never seen a shop go through so many members of staff. Most of the new starters are there a week and then quit. Zara is extremely hard to work for and if the company as a whole spent more money on more staff members and training the mangers how to treat us properly, it would be so much better. However, I know the mangers are under so much pressure to meet deadlines and targets from above I think they loose sight that we can only do as much as we can. I would love from them to do an undercover boss and then hopefully it would open their eyes to see what’s going on the frontline of their shops.
Pros
The discount
Cons
Everything else
very stressful place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol16 July 2018
restock,
tidy your area,
never finish your day at work on time,
very stressful place to work,
if you have 20 hours contract you will do 35 hours at least
Pros
20% staff discount
Fun place to work.
SALES ASSISTANT AT LADIESWEAR STOCKROOM (Current Employee) –  Liverpool5 September 2018
Working in a place like Zara, specially the ladies wear stockroom is not only stressful but also exciting and fun. I am learning a lot of how the "behind the scenes" of Inditex works. I truly believe anyone who knows how to work in the Zara ladies wear stockroom will be able to work anywhere else due to the permanent stimulation, pressure and fast pace environment that this place is.
Pros
Easy professional growth
Cons
Pressure in 25s

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K