ZARA Employee Reviews

United Kingdom555 reviews
Interesting job
It was full of new opportunities and activities and also it’s a fast pace environment which I live. Might get boring at times which it was a bit of a let down as I had to fold clothes constantly.
Buen ambiente pero alta presión de trabajo
Trabajo estable y dinámico. Posibilidades de promoción interna.
Zara UK
It was very nice working in Zara. I truly enjoyed. The only reason that I left was the full time job in other company because in Zara they couldn’t offer me full time job at the moment when I need it.
max
There is no team working, the leaders didn't know how to speak beautifully. They not even know how to speak properly english. There is too much Moldovans(leaders, and workers) and were racist, and helped only their own!!! not good place to work there
Only for moldavian or romenian who don’t know how to speak english.
Worst Job Ever
Working in ZARA was the most exhausting time of my life. There was no official training and I was forced on to the till in the middle of a busy day on my first shift.

All of the colleagues spoke Spanish to each other during shifts of in the staff room constantly, which feels very excluding and uncomfortable when you’re the only one that doesn’t understand.

When you make mistakes the managers make you feel like you’re inconveniencing them by even asking for help, when they should have trained you to do it properly in the first place. You literally need managers approval for everything including cash returns, advising customers etc.

When you tell them your availability it goes through one ear and out the other ear, then they make you feel bad and beg when you repeat that you’re not available that day.

Overall the worst workplace I’ve worked at. Staff are full of gossipers, unwelcoming and rude if you’re new. 0/10. Wouldn’t recommend.
Pros
25% discount
Cons
Literally everything else- specifically management. Needing approval for everything.
Great place for part time experience
Zara has a work culture which is very stringent and harsh, in my opinion. You have to actively seek information from peers or managers about team meetings, they do not announce is on the floor and expect you to be there even though you have not been informed. The peers and managers are not very friendly or communicative.
work place
The Zara is Spanish shop. The management prefer Spanish people. The target was high for amount people. Very good colleagues but its everything about management.
Terrible
No training, stressed managers, lots of tasks to do in short hours, minimal salary at the end. Very tiring type of job, one month feels like one year there.
customer service
If you are passionate about customer service and working in retail than ZARA would be perfect for you. The company presents a multicultural team that its amazing, and where team work comes always at first.
Cashier
I was cashier with a sales assistant contract. Got a warning just because I did a mistake which I wasn’t aware of it.
Poor training, poor culture, poor people.

They push you like it’s the best job ever which for my expectations, it wasn’t.

Really bad experience.

No team work.

I spent 2 months working in Zara and I still feel like was longer than that.
Quite ok
Colleagues were nice. Working at Zara is challenging due to different customer needs. However, i was able to learn a variety of tips to improve my customer service skills.
No more than 30hr per week plus poor management
They don't give more than 30 hours only in the case that you been in the company for over a year. Inditex prefers more people working for 30 hours than less people for 40 hours. This is how they work.
you will work 30 hours a week 5 days a week 6 hour a day with 20 mins break to eat. Is very difficult to get another job in the meantime as the hours are not much.

The management is very poor. There is a lot of competitivity and bad vibes between the managers, they are not professional in any aspect, no with the customer and no managing the staff concerns, 90% of the staff is Spanish and the other 10% Italian.

the actual work is not much, just fold some t-shirt or charge customers by the till. Is very intensive because the managers are trying to show of all the time, besides that the work is not difficult.

The payment is not much, so is very difficult to make a living. Also, there is a lot of staff damaging competitivity. There are groups and people speaks all the time bad to each other, is just not a nice place to be, you can feel the bad vibe all the time.

The managers are very strict with what they know, each of them are in charge of few things, they are a lot of managers by the way. They are just not qualified and experienced.

I am giving three stars because the work was not difficult.
Amazing colleagues
Horrible place to work, stressful , bad salary. A good job for students but that s it. Very hard to advance.. they rather hire someone from external rather to invest in their employees
The worst company I have ever worked for.
I was there altogether 3 months and that was only because that's how long it took them to pay me. I got shouted at several times by management, the staff was horrible to costumers.Its a completely toxic enrolment, everyone is so cliquey including management.
toxic fast-paced environment
Prepare to :
being treated badly by customers and colleagues

not having a life if you're doing full time

being all stressed-out from the beginning of your shift to the end

back pain
Awful
Rude management, only care about sales. They are embarrassingly rude to customers. Very very hard to get time off even if it’s a month in advance, overall I wouldn’t ever recommend to work at the store in YORK
Pros
Cons
Terrible management
It was very good there.
I worked there for about 8 months. I had to dor alot of different things like costumer service etc.Every day was something new i didnt had to do the same things over.
Great place to work at
Easy to fit in, great working environment!

I work mornings so I only deal with stock which is great, you have to scan clothes onto the shop floor and then the remaining you take downstairs to the stock room to scan then file away the clothes to the appropriate place.

quite simple.
Don’t trust to some people
Most people are poor inside believing they are who knows who and they present the brand believing they are at high quality levels, they treat you, being the newest, showing superiority to you and pressing you, I was also told by a ladyswear manager who nobody cares about me and who I am, and as a big company you cannot afford the luxury of treating employees like this, as a number.
You need a lot of patience as you get a lot of aggressive customers
It is a very busy and stressful store but you will learn a lot.you need to be very fast as it can be very busy specially during sales periods .you will always have something to do, you don't have time to get bored
Productive work environment
It is a demanding job because it a constant wave of customer that you have to attend. Moreover, along the day there would be various scenarios which you have to find solution in the moment in order not to lose the customer. There most enjoyable part is that team member would support each other.