Yusen Logistics UK Ltd

Yusen Logistics UK Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom22 reviews
The HR department is a very friendly environment and I feel would be a good place to work. Where the issues lie are out in the wider business where communication is an issue
Friendly atmosphere. Providing hardware and software technical support within a customer focused multi-site environment. Maintaining the delivery of IT services procedures and infrastructure projects.
Nice enough people to work with, if you want to go and more / improve yourself it's best to be friends with a blue vest or have a family member working there already.

If not you'll not be offered any extra training and development and if very lucky you might just might be offered a course that no one wants to do.

Most of the blue vest will not help out and will not support you if you have family problems.
Pros
Cons
Everything else
15 years service at this place means no more than a new starter. Agency after their probationary period are on the same money as long serving members. Rarely shown actual appreciation for the work and extra bits you do for the company. 15 years of my life I'll never get back!
Good place to work nice environment , would recommend to anyone , working to Health and Safety standards , using scanners NVQ level 1 , prepare for your working day arrive on time in your area of work be a Team player
Pros
Good all round Ppl
Cons
it was a good place to work, it could be difficult at times as the customers could be quiet upset , on a normal day you need to contact customers by phone or email and arrange the delivery and collection of there faulty units , the management were ok ,
Bad management unfortunately shame
Nice job found_

Nice work environment

Lack of HR presence to talk to when needed

Wanted to create social events and things to improve work environment but not easy because of bad management
Pros
Open nice Offices
Cons
Managers/ no towels in kitchen
Very bad management. It is a shame as it is a nice working environment.
Nice promises at the beginning , you put your heart into the job and the team, but no return from your managers.
Pros
nice working environment.
Cons
Bad mangement
Andrew prosser a totally unprofessional fool.Tamworth yusen alias useless logistics.I was a manager but chose to leave because of the unprofessional manner in which the place was run.Leon billings is my name
Pros
Zero
Cons
Many
Delivering complete solutions for customers by constructing and upgrading
of computerised equipment, installation and configuration of operating

systems (Win95/98/NT, Dos) as well as bespoke software as per the

customer requirements.
Great company to work for in training, with the ability to adjust the levels of targeted training to fit the business model and the candidate. Investment in people is high.
Very team spirited. Yusen used to really trust their staff. I am very proud to say I work for Yusen. But budget cuts has meant less money to spend on good quality site managers. Unfortunately this has made the site I work for inefficient and concequently causing loss of sequence contracts. Such a massive shame. As it’s a fantastic company
Pros
Good team. Belonging. Fleet. Senior management
Cons
Budget cuts. Poor site manager who ruined Yusen’s values.
This is a busy company that receives hundreds of invoices a week.
They have some very big customers that they receive high demands from. this means that we have a small time frame to turn around invoices in each week and also every month
Cons
overly busy
I enjoyed working at Yusen but as they were going through a transition period, it was a continually changing environment. My position was temporary but I was able to suggest improvements and helped to deliver new processes.
I learn rapidly all good in and out rework,picking to SAMSUNG CONTRACT and Wrigley CONTRACT. And I'm friendly with my collective , I'm sociebil.
Pros
Worehouse operative
Cons
Long
The job i do is very demanding .. the product we move is Pharmaceutical product which requires full attention through out the move and transit - accuracy is very important and allowances are made for human interaction and rare errors are followed up and investigated to give the colleague best chance of resolution. Good team spirit comfortable offices and provision for work life balance - a good employer
Pros
comfortable safe access to kitchen facilities and canteen and a crash area
Cons
very high demand short time lines and deadlines string focus on through put
it;st fun to work in a Q/C team . all the enthusiastic parts are at the begining . after a while you get bored .
every day controlling lots of TVs started to be boring
The ability to work to the tight deadlines, Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, Great attention to details, Staff training, Efficient problem solving, Time management, Analysis & Investigating , Planning & organizing ,Team work, Administration
I enjoyed working for Yusen I had a great many opportunities to be involved with other business areas, and allowed to do jobs because the senior management knew with a small amount of training I would be able to do the role rather than I already had all of the skills. I liked this because I like new challenges.
This was a role in operational finance ensuring that all carriers were paid correctly, along side with all deliveries that went into Bentley were paid correctly to Yusen This involved much interaction with the Volkswagen team in Germany, along side many internal fuctions within Yusen.

In this role I learnt about JSOX, understood how self-billing systems worked compared to normal invoicing, how to interact with other other companies outside of the UK.

I found all management and co-workers to be helpful and hard working.
Creating files, arranging haulage, updating spreadsheets, comprising reports, answering queries, financial data creation and input, HMRC declarations, imports & exports.
Good work ethics and training given at Milton Keynes with the purpose of encouraging you to move forward.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers and working under extreme pressures and deadlines.

The most enjoyable part is when you get past the difficult part and get thanks from your peers.

My co-workers are very pleasant and create a good working atmosphere
Pros
Training
Cons
Stressful at times
Sign in on the attendance sheet at the office. The Time in/Time Out area is just behind my cubicle. I see some colleagues nearby and say a quick hello to them.

At my desk. Turn on my PC. Log on to network and check my Outlook Calendar for today's meetings and appointments. Check my To-Do-List. I put a number opposite each item to mark according to priority.

Check my phone calls and emails, answering the urgent messages. I make a call to remind my boss of his appointment with the General Executive Director at 10:30. In my To-Do List, I have 2 memos to prepare. In addition, I have another one which was dictated to me by my boss on the phone. It takes at least 15 minutes for me to prepare one draft- depending on the message my boss asks me to write and to whom it is addressed.

Enjoyed working with all my co workers. Hardest part of my job there was making sure I did not spend too much time double checking my work.
Pros
Free Tea and Coffee
Cons
Short breaks