Yours Clothing Employee Reviews

PROCEED WITH CAUTION- Treated like an imbecile, head office very contradictory and no support
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 March 2019
This company was dream job AT FIRST. Soon started to go down hill despite my going all out for my managers and colleagues. I ended up resigning owing to the stress of it all. Not from the customers but from lack of support. Lots of backstabbing and gossiping. Be very warey of this job. You will get no praise and lots of tellings off. Head office constantly move the goal posts as well so you never know where you stand.
Pros
Staff discount, interaction with customers
Cons
Management, Head Office, no support, lots of criticism
Previous Deputy Manager
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  London24 February 2019
Don’t work for this company. The only good things about it is the discount. Managers are barely allowed a saturday off unless it’s booked as holiday and even then you’re only allowed a certain amount. The clothing is great but the prices have increased so much that footfall is lower than ever but they still blame management if they don’t reach their targets. Anyone above me spoke to me like I was an idiot and like I couldn’t do my job properly, I wasn’t trusted to do things like rotas or holiday, I don’t even know why I was a deputy Manager tbh. There is no training, no support, no reviews, the only thing they do correctly is disciplines because they seem to love telling people off. All day every day you get about 20 emails to read and listen to, they expect you to do this off the shop floor but how can you when you don’t have the staff and also they contradict themselves by saying you should be on the shop floor all the time, so you have to read emails, serve customers, and they insist you basically hound customers into buying something, take delivery in and finish it, which comes every single day, and you either get 2 boxes or 25 boxes and you have to hang, tag and put out before the day is over which isn’t easy when they say you have to put customers first. The retail director says one thing and your am says another. There is no structure in this company. They do not care about their employees, only care about taking money. It’s exhausting and I’m so glad I’m not there anymore. Never work in a job that makes you cry 3-4 times a week !!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours, no weekends off, no training, no structure, mentally draining.
place is a joke !
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  call centre orton southgate Peterborough7 February 2019
Seriously avoid ! this office is horrific. no staff, workload out of control, management really clickey, and two faced, management have meeting after meeting about nothing !
If your face don' t fit your gone no matter how hard you work.
Staff left at night with no first aider fire officer and left to lock up.
Office is filthy, toilets are disgusting even the computer screens are so old some are blurry !
Pros
staff discount
Cons
too many to list !
Yours
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Midlands31 January 2019
Made some good friends in time working there
Store manager not nice to staff but no one can speak up

50% discount very good but can’t always afford to buy new uniform
Pros
Staff discount
Awful.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wales28 January 2019
Rarely get the hours CONTRACTED.
Manager gave my phone number to other members of staff without my permission now I get relentless calls for covers.
In my interview I was ensured overtime yet over 25 hours of overtime goes to one person in the same position as I am for the same amount of time as I’ve been.
Favouritism between the manager and whoever decides to leave her gifts on the staff table for no apparent reason.
Sarcasm and a temper goes a long way in the managers eyes as far as speaking to staff as horrendously as she can, again for no apparent reason.
There’s no way I get paid enough on minimum wage to deal with being spoken to like that.
I can go on for hours talking about the horrific behaviour displayed in this store but I’ll finish with this, you are forced to buy clothing to promote the brand, if you have bought less clothes than any other staff member then you get singled out and made to feel inferior, I refuse to buy clothes that I wouldn’t personally wear. If this had been disclosed in the interview process it might have been a different story, sorry to ramble on but I’m appalled with this store and I wanted to make it clear to other people what this brand can be like, not the happy, chatty facade they put on in the interview process.
Also girls/guys don’t be fooled or forced in to buying clothes from there as an email came in for head office a few weeks ago saying you didn’t have to buy the clothes.
Pros
Leaving.
Cons
Entering.
wouldnt recomend the Torquay store
FLEXI KEY HOLDER (Former Employee) –  Torquay, Devon22 January 2019
I worked there for a year but found that the management wasnt very organised or supportive and there tended to be a management/sales assistant divide. When head office visited it would become very stressful atmosphere and head office visited regularly. Also Rotas were changed at short notice without warning.
It was also hard trying to sell the products as every year they clothes were repeated and the sizing was terrible.
The most shocking thing about the company is that you have to be a certain size to work there or you wont get the job.
Pros
discount
Cons
lack of support, unorganised, stressful
Unreliable and immature
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Lancashire10 December 2018
Worked there as a Christmas temp. Poor management skills led to me getting told off for a holiday when I informed them on 2 separate occasions of the exact dates. I was always given the tougher jobs such as cleaning on ladders whilst management stood around and chatted. My hours were constantly being cut every shift, and I kept being sent home early. I decided not to go to my last shift as they said the day before I didn't have to, I messaged the manager the night before and phoned the store at opening time and I was met with an awful response. (understandable as it was not the best thing to do admittedly). However the one thing that was poor management was that after I emailed my notice and went to message my manager thanking her for the opportunity I saw that I had been BLOCKED. overall a petty and immature impression from the person who is supposed to be most senior.
Pros
50 % discount
Cons
Poor management skills and immaturity from senior staff
Terrible Management, great benefits
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow11 November 2018
Worked for only couple weeks and the manager was overall nasty and horrible to new starts. Is not professional AT ALL. Clothes and staff are lovely except the management. Would recommend if you are confident in standing up for yourself. Joke in my opinion. And the fact they ask your dress size at interview due to plus clothing. Walk away for two seconds from where you’re suppose to be and you get moaned at.
Pros
50% of everything
Excellent and wonderful experience
Sales Adviser (Former Employee) –  Harrow on the Hill, Greater London7 November 2018
Each day was filled with laughs and new faces, never a dull moment there. Management always made sure we were okay and never put us in harms way. It was very fast paced and it teaches you to constantly be tidying. I would definitely work there again.
Pros
discount
Cons
i travelled far
Wouldnt work for them
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow6 November 2018
Absolute disgrace to work for. No support from HO when left in charge of a store at keyholder level and no management. I was pushed out the door by the now area manager and sworn at by her. paid less than a PT staff member because I was younger but expected to be a key holder with responsibilities. Won't give FT contract so feel you have no job security.
Ok
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire18 October 2018
its ok I guess, just an environment with women who can be quite two faced and rude, they did work well with my hours around my children to be fair. other than that, not my cup of tea
awful manager
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland20 September 2018
manager felt the need to argue with me and place her life problems on me whilst arguing. poor management of the store and I would really feel awful for anyone working there permanently
Not What I expected
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Midlands12 September 2018
Ever wanted to do staff rotas with a piece of paper and a pencil?
Ever wished your office didn't have a PC?
Ever wanted to have such a narrow recruitment base that you can't fill your vacancies?
If the answer is 'Yes' then you're in the right place.
great company
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton5 September 2018
10/10 company
manager was nice and easy to talk to
nice atmosphere
nice to work in shop that caters for bigger people
organized shop floor
worked there at Christmas and it was a great experience
yours mk
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes4 September 2018
rubbish management
they have a big turn over in staff
not a good place to work
atmosphere is good
for example the team are brilliant
just the management are unorganised
do not support the team
Pros
team member help ful
Cons
nothing to do
Loved my time there
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne29 August 2018
i loved my time spent at yours clothing, the management was really friendly and so was the staff, it was like a little family.
there was always something to do so there was never a time where you were bored. as it got to busier periods there was always overtime shifts.
temp
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Northamptonshire19 August 2018
only worked as a christmas temp and wasnt given a lot of hours so its hard to say a lot about the company i did like working with the customers and the staff discount was good
OK if it's what you're looking for
Sales Adviser (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  London16 August 2018
My interview process was nice, I was made to feel very welcome when I first started however the position I applied for was 8 hours a week and I was told in my interview it was only a 4 hour contract. I was rarely given any extra shifts. I couldn't work on the till as I never got my till number and there is only so much sizing and tidying you can do if you don't have any deliveries - however I would get told off if I weren't doing anything (which I understand but there wasn't much else I could do). I did work with some really nice people but found there was a lot of gossiping.

You get a 50% discount here which is nice however I felt it was ridiculous that you do not get a clothing allowance when you are expected to wear the brand.

Overall it was a nice place to work but the gossiping made me feel uncomfortable, although this is common in a lot of workplaces and I wouldn't not recommend Yours just because of this. I have learned the basics of working in retail which has given me the confidence and experience to find further work in a retail role.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
No clothing allowance, very little hours, not much to do
Made To Feel Anxious and Uncomfortable at Work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lowestoft, Suffolk19 July 2018
At first, I really enjoyed working there. The staff that trained me were lovely and I was excited to start at my new job and give it my all.
Then the manager came back from holiday and I felt like I was walking on eggshells. Whether it be the way I was folding clothes, serving the customers or customer service, I always felt like I was trying so hard and the manager didn't always seem happy with my work.

The manager said some comments that made me feel sad, embarrassed, anxious and insecure to the point I would sometimes make excuses to go to the back of the store when there was another member of staff on the shop floor, to cry. This is the reason I left. When I joined, I openly spoke about my anxiety and how it was non existent when I joined, it all came back when these events happened and I knew I had to leave and put myself first for once.

I since attempted to contact head office and was told to contact various people that were actually impossible to contact. I feel like my situation was not taken seriously and was left feeling that this company have no interest in their employees emotional and mental well being due to working for their company. I would hate for another young girl to join this store and be made to feel how I felt on multiple occasions, dreading going into work every morning.

Since I left, I have joined a company that praise me on a daily basis and haven't had a finger to point at me yet. My anxiety is now back to normal which is near enough non-existent once again. I know I made the right choice in leaving Yours Clothing. I am regularly praised
  more... for the hard work I put into my job. So I know for sure I am not the problem or my new employer would have the same opinion of me.  less
Pros
Customer interaction
Cons
manager, pay, hours
Horrible work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire11 July 2018
Awful work place. I would not recommend ANYBODY to work for Yours clothing. You have ZERO support from senior management especially if you have issues with your in store manager. You get constantly hassled by head office and in store mamangement regarding your work regardless of how hard working and dedicated you are. And once you decide to leave; you will get ignored, bullied and back stabbed.