Yours Clothing

Yours Clothing Employee Reviews

United Kingdom131 reviews
I started working in Yours Clothing in September 2019, the training is pretty easy, especially if you've worked in retail before. You're on probation for a period of 12 weeks which is easy passable as long as you follow the stores policies and procedure, turn up on time and do the work you're supposed to. I'm also a student and the manager was really great with doing my shifts around my lectures
Pros
50% discount on clothes in store
Cons
Minimum wage based on age
Worst company I’ve ever worked for. No work/life balance, told when you can take holidays, disciplinarys are handed out like sweeties. The pay is terrible, only perk you get it 50% discount and a day off for your birthday which you don’t always get! You need to be a salesperson which you aren’t told about at interview and it’s all about getting customers to buy more and more even if they don’t want too. The company even treats store managers like rubbish seen a few of them in tears. Majority of the staff working hate it and are always looking a way out! There’s no training as such but anything you do get taught goes into a training log and god help you if you make a mistake cos that log is saved around as proof!
Pros
50% discount
Cons
No life, stressful, salesperson, bad pay, dictatorship, no thought for the staff
A typical day would include the regular duties of a sales assistant plus cleaning of the store and staff areas and dealing with any deliveries that come in.
Pros
Not stressful
Cons
Can be quite slow
I worked as Xmas temp in Luton starting Nov. 2019. It was the best experience of my life. The team was amazing and they made me feel at home immediately, there is a lot of work to be done at all times but team work made it so much easier. The customers were 85% of the time amazing as we all felt at home as plus size women in the shop. I miss it very much and I would go back in a heartbeat. I'd also like to mention Riff, the covering manager at the time who is the sweetest, most amazing person I have ever worked with. She managed the shop as if it was hers and loved her team as if we were her daughters. Great experience and I'm very saddened that my contract ended.
This was only a temp contract and was only 4 hours per week I would of liked to work more hours and for a longer contract. I very much enjoyed my time there.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
less hours
I really enjoyed working with the team and my store manager when I was there but the company are not great to work for they put too much pressure on the store manager
The most difficult position is pick. A lot of things are not on the premises which the scanner shows. there are a lot of things in the upper parts and you have to climb the ladder. There were cases that a worker fell from a ladder. Target is hard to reach. Other jobs approx.
Lots of good people come and go at all levels which can be very stressful to observe - can be fun for a while, management culture a bit 1980's. Fast growing but no real strategy.
Terrible company to work for. Most of the store managers I have met have been quite rude. But compared to the area manager they're all like snow white. She is just a different level of nasty. Sarcastic, rude and speaks to people like dirt. The amount of staff they go through is just ridiculous. Do yourself a favour and avoid like the plague
I loved working for Yours i wish i never left. I learnt so many new skils which enabled me to adapt my own. I loved working with different kinds of people and learnt alot about myself and my belief,s . I had amazing support from my area Manager with constructive advice and criticism. This help me to step up the ladder and become store Manager. The only down side to this company is i was salaried and not paid by the hour. My salary was minimum wage. I worked a 12 hour day as we wher moving store and got no extra for it.
Pros
Good clothing discount. Chocolate heart on your birthday and a day off for your birthday.
Cons
Manager, s and deputy manager, s are salaried.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Yours Clothing?
Manager is extremely lazy and doesnt care. Meant to be flexible and ended up working 30+ hours on a 4 hour contract.
Made to be a skivy for manager, and end up doing all the work while manager sits on her butt.

Wouldn't work here again.
Pros
The discount, amazing customers.
Cons
High staff turnover. Bad management. Basic employees expected to take on responsibility. Regional managers ignore constant requests to handle unruly store managers. Drive staff to the point of boredom or exhaustion. No in between. Shocking pay. Daily verbal abuse from high management to stores “under-achieving” yet offer zero support. No flexibility unless you’re best mates with the manager. Same goes for holidays.
Single out those stores to the whole business. Expect you to be able to run a store single handedly, are more arsed about where you keep the £5 store phone and size cubes than your own security and well-being. Won’t offer decent contracts and the shifts are so short they’re not worth bus fare or parking costs.
The team I worked with were all amazing, but upper management don't have a clue what they are doing.

Bad mouthing the team on voice messages when they weren't hitting targets, but no support there to help you achieve goals.
No respect for people, minimum wage for overtimes, Team leaders doesn't speak English. 90% working people are from Poland. If you get training, it takes 5minutes and after that you have to do by yourself.... Terrible....
A fantastic company to work for. Helped me progress and move forward. They really listen to your needs and help you when you need it. I would recommend working for them in a heartbeat.
PROS:
- Don’t actually need a degree to do this job, contrary to the job description. Great for somebody straight out of school, bad for somebody who ticks all the boxes and still earns the same as someone less qualified.

CONS:

In relation to design department:

- Untrained, inexperienced management that allows toxic work culture. If what I witnessed would have happened in another company, there would have been a lot of disciplinary action being taken against certain members.

- Zero support in the job role. No goal setting, monitoring of progress. I worked there for over a year and was only personally seen 3 times, quite literally nobody cares.

- Job role is misleading; it is not a design role but plain old artworking 98% of the time. You will be bored, you will not design anything and yet more and more juniors will be hired to end up doing nothing majority of the time. The current hierarchy is that 2 or 3 people design everything and everybody else just copies translated text into the designs for the majority of the working day. 2 or 3 people for sure could leave and not be replaced and everyone will still not have enough work to do.

- No chance for further training or growth within the role, probably because there are way too many ‘designers’ in one team. When most people start in the department, they are ignored by management and left on their own/left depending on everyone else in the team to be taught how to do the job.

- No opportunity of a pay rise and/or a promotion (at least not in the design department).

- As it happens with most in-house design roles, other
 - more...
Although there were a few very kind members of staff i was made to feel bad for not being as big as the other women that worked there with sly comments. I am a 14/16 but due to me not appearing to be plus size I was made to feel like the odd one out and felt out of place there. Very nasty environment with staff talking negatively about each others appearances behind each other backs. would definitely not recommend.
it is a nice place to work, friendly staff and good managment, the store has a lot to offer in styles, and also for customers with different taste in clothing and shoes as well as outer wear. staff get a good discount . customers are able to see different styles on staff members, helps thier choice to purchase items.
I worked in HR here and the management here were terrible too many chiefs and not enough Indians! My salary was below the living wage, new HR were being brought in and I was on £4K less than them. I built and organised the HR department with the HR manager and got no recognition for it. The language used in the warehouse by the girls was disgusting, disciplinary actions weren’t being followed through. The HR department was open plan and NOT private and done departments were very nasty!
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
For a start off I was heavily underpaid for the position I was in and the work I did. The company has a very cliquey environment in stores. Outdated and frankly sexist expectations on appearance, no males hired in stores either. Discrimination against disabilities and personal opinion taking over from professional policies. I worked really hard for pittance and was treat like a dog in the end.
I enjoyed my time with Yours clothing
and the management and staff are friendly and hard working.

Good discount on clothes which i made use of..

Only wish the contract had been longer.