Your Housing Group

Your Housing Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom34 reviews
Horrible place to work and if your face does not fit then your days are numbered
The salaries are nothing to shout about either and there is no training and development only micky mouse training they do themselves

From first week there, I wanted to go but it takes time to get another job.

When I did I could not even work my notice for I was so desperate to get out
Pros
only that its a job if your desperate
Cons
poor pay big clicks no personal development
Don't ever work for this company, an agency is far better, everyone is lazy who I use to work with, you got a nasty lazy, getting your way lady in admin, you a other lazy worker, who also kept getting in my way, who never cleaned up after himself, who got me doing other peoples jobs for them, this is worst place I worked for, making you do two training courses, even you did it before.

never paid you correctly
Pros
Non stay away, work for a agency far better
Cons
Everything, your lazy work colleagues and even the residents who are rude
I worked for FIX360, YHG's subsidiary group and it was agony. I worked for the commercial team and I was not trained, motivated or given a chance to do anything as the management was non existent or refused to even enter the office due to numerous holidays in florida, yeah.. your manager was always in the states sunning it up. I was inbetween work after redundancy and needed a solid job, they offered me a good wage which was less than my last but I took it based on promises made and the way they explained growth and expansion.. all a HUGE lie, no progression, companies bombing and its going downhill fast.

My team leader was abysmal, she had no personal skills, lied, abused our team and bullied me over a medical condition and all the while had no idea how to talk to staff and or subcontractors which cost me and the company income and business partners.. it was horrendous and I would beg anyone to reconsider any application to this company.

The office is a tiny repurposed school building in a dive of an area, theres no parking, computers and systems are temperamental and you cannot work from home due to the fact they refuse to allow it. They claim to be moving to a new office but with how bad their books are it wont be happening, they are hiring new staff constantly but aren't using what they hire so expect redundancy to be an issue for you if you join.

Workplace culture is non existent, your "bosses" will screw you over to look good, managers and team leaders dont help nor chase things, training doesn't happen, improvements ignored, concerns and bullying ignored.

- more...
Pros
leaving, some staff lovely
Cons
management, wage, workload, commitment to targets, bullying, abuse, metal torture, stress
Managers are v understanding

Free car park

friendly staff and office

good pay

career progression is very hard

Numerous restructures
Pros
car parking
Cons
no progression
Working for your housing as a cleaner for three years 4 months
I was employed part time .the office staff were very competitive and were always making me feel insecure by their conduct towards me.

I was part of a cleaning team of three.one of the team took two years off work due to personal reasons.

We other two cleaners covered for her for two years
Excellent company to work for and plenty of options for advancement or change of career - such a shame that the salaries aren’t competitive. They always start you at the bottom of the salary scale and that’s not negotiable - managers have no authority to offer a higher salary to attract best staff . However the company are excellent to work for - great training and atmosphere
Pros
Training and management
Cons
Low salaries
Friendly team, offices are lovely to work in and the agile working for the role I was in helped me to achieve a good work/life balance. Facilities at 602 are really good, I would not hesitate to recommend YHG.
Good work/life balance when working part time.
Shift was done over a fortnight.

Induction was very informative about the company and gave a feel good factor.
When I first started the workplace and role was great but successive new management changes eventually led to a reduction in work culture and the removing of part-time posts
Absolutely shocking place to work. Lots of verbal bullying. If you need dentist/doctor/hosp appt they make you take half a day holiday. If you have sickness, It's unpaid and when you go back & need an extra few mins each day for a break as you are not fully recovered, the break is denied. They do not follow their own absence policy, if you have a nasty manager they make their own rules up as to how you should be treated.
High turnover of staff and now you know why.

Shocking office culture - If I could give no stars I would, It's such an uncomfortable place to work.

I have new job, It's great :-)
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Your Housing Group?
Supporting residents 24 hours
supporting with independent living

dealing with drug and alcohol agencies

monitoring and supporting service users on the premises
Cons
Long hours poor pay, horrid condtions for service users.

Management know it alls with superiority complexes.

Health and Safety bizzare!

Zero work life balance

Culture of fear
Pros
Cons
Culture of fear
I have been working for your housing group for 9 years now, and it truly a great place to work, i am happy in my position but the lack of progression available to my in my position is the reason i am looking to further my career elsewhere.
Pros
great work atmosphere, great in work benefits, fantastic holiday entitlement
Cons
low salary
So much bossing around.
No one has any thing nice to say.

No one speaks to each other.

Glad I am out of there to be honest.

Far nicer places to work.
Pros
Non
Cons
Everything you can think of.
Management are not staff friendly. Do not care about staff nor residents. Profits are more important to this faceless company. Cannot keep staff for any period of time.
I was hired to help the big backlog that was created by the companies re-structure. I was constantly looked down upon by other members of the team due to my age and inexperience in the field, despite doing all that was asked of myself and taking on more responsibilities than initially planned. I was not given the same equipment as those who worked full-time, despite doing the same job and using the same systems, making my work process slower less enjoyable. Every person on the team had one/two specific jobs to do and that was all, so work was monotonous and resulting in myself praying for something to go wrong to add interest to my day. The team also had a negative outlook on everything the company did, making it very difficult for myself being new, to find any reason to like the systems or the workplace. I was completely excluded by the team from conversation or lunch breaks, something I hope changes for the next person in my role.

Overall the experience was poor, but not so bad I would have said no to the role, At just under £10 an hour, with no one asking me to take work home or put in extra effort, it was relaxed but not fun.
Pros
flexible hours, good location
Cons
Bad working environment
They do not appreciate the great hard working staff and the management don’t give a dam about the staff who have got them there rotten to the core and back stabbing staff will climb over everyone
Cons
Worked for the company for 22 years and they were excellent to work for until they merged with a Liverpool Housing Association.

Once merged the best (most knowledgeable) staff were released to the detriment of the company. Most of the medium management team left for other jobs leaving a structure where people were working beyond their skill set.

Took a good redundancy package despite there being positions (at a much lower salary) still available. Brought in a new manage, who had very limited understanding of any of the work being carried out, simply butcher the section and save money.

Many over paid consultants were brought in to do poor work which we then had to correct.
Pros
Excellent Work Ethics by most Staff
Cons
New Management
I worked for YHG, formerly Arena Housing for a period of almost 10 years. It is very much a case of if your face fits and you keep your head down then you'll be fine otherwise you may experience issues. Can be a very cloak and dagger environment to work in.
Pros
flexible working
Cons
pay, management, general staff treatment
Lots of redundancies at the moment, constantly having to apply for your job again. New jobs available but most are based in Warrington with some working at home.
Pros
Health Scheme
Cons
Centralised for most jobs
Previous reviews mention a bullying culture, sadly despite this being addressed by the directors it is still happening.

Passive aggressiveness by senior managers to shift blame from themselves is rife.

Whilst they have gone through a restructuring it was clear that certain senior managers had neither the skill or experience to perform their roles.

Appreciate that this would sound like the review of a disgruntled ex employee.

However whilst I was there an external consultant was brought in for advice. The advice that consultant gave was that certain senior managers were actually breaking EU law in the way they put their documents together. Far from being addressed this was swept under the table.

Not a stable place to work and tbh for a public sector organisation providing social housing there are too many people working there for the sole purpose of enriching themselves rather than the people they purport to serve.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Your Housing Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9