Your Housing Group Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Assistant Finance Officer (Former Employee) –  Birchwood, Cheshire1 October 2018
So much bossing around.
No one has any thing nice to say.
No one speaks to each other.
Glad I am out of there to be honest.
Far nicer places to work.
Pros
Non
Cons
Everything you can think of.
Bad management
Night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chester19 September 2018
Management are not staff friendly. Do not care about staff nor residents. Profits are more important to this faceless company. Cannot keep staff for any period of time.
Dull, uninviting but ok
Finance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birchwood, Cheshire5 May 2018
I was hired to help the big backlog that was created by the companies re-structure. I was constantly looked down upon by other members of the team due to my age and inexperience in the field, despite doing all that was asked of myself and taking on more responsibilities than initially planned. I was not given the same equipment as those who worked full-time, despite doing the same job and using the same systems, making my work process slower less enjoyable. Every person on the team had one/two specific jobs to do and that was all, so work was monotonous and resulting in myself praying for something to go wrong to add interest to my day. The team also had a negative outlook on everything the company did, making it very difficult for myself being new, to find any reason to like the systems or the workplace. I was completely excluded by the team from conversation or lunch breaks, something I hope changes for the next person in my role.

Overall the experience was poor, but not so bad I would have said no to the role, At just under £10 an hour, with no one asking me to take work home or put in extra effort, it was relaxed but not fun.
Pros
flexible hours, good location
Cons
Bad working environment
Don’t work for the company
Prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Birchwood Warrington27 April 2018
They do not appreciate the great hard working staff and the management don’t give a dam about the staff who have got them there rotten to the core and back stabbing staff will climb over everyone
Cons
Previous 100 best companies to work for in rapid decline.
ICT System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire13 April 2018
Worked for the company for 22 years and they were excellent to work for until they merged with a Liverpool Housing Association.

Once merged the best (most knowledgeable) staff were released to the detriment of the company. Most of the medium management team left for other jobs leaving a structure where people were working beyond their skill set.

Took a good redundancy package despite there being positions (at a much lower salary) still available. Brought in a new manage, who had very limited understanding of any of the work being carried out, simply butcher the section and save money.

Many over paid consultants were brought in to do poor work which we then had to correct.
Pros
Excellent Work Ethics by most Staff
Cons
New Management
Challenging, rewarding but hard work rarely acknowledged
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Greater Manchester5 April 2018
I worked for YHG, formerly Arena Housing for a period of almost 10 years. It is very much a case of if your face fits and you keep your head down then you'll be fine otherwise you may experience issues. Can be a very cloak and dagger environment to work in.
Pros
flexible working
Cons
pay, management, general staff treatment
Everything is centralised
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire27 December 2017
Lots of redundancies at the moment, constantly having to apply for your job again. New jobs available but most are based in Warrington with some working at home.
Pros
Health Scheme
Cons
Centralised for most jobs
Odd place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire15 November 2017
Previous reviews mention a bullying culture, sadly despite this being addressed by the directors it is still happening.

Passive aggressiveness by senior managers to shift blame from themselves is rife.
Whilst they have gone through a restructuring it was clear that certain senior managers had neither the skill or experience to perform their roles.

Appreciate that this would sound like the review of a disgruntled ex employee.

However whilst I was there an external consultant was brought in for advice. The advice that consultant gave was that certain senior managers were actually breaking EU law in the way they put their documents together. Far from being addressed this was swept under the table.

Not a stable place to work and tbh for a public sector organisation providing social housing there are too many people working there for the sole purpose of enriching themselves rather than the people they purport to serve.
Productive and fun workplace
Housing Officer (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire14 November 2017
Good job role that is flexible and great team of people to work with. A typical day at work involves the letting of empty properties, by advertising on available platforms and shortlisting suitable applicants.
enjoyable
Accommodation Officer (Former Employee) –  Keighley, West Yorkshire9 November 2017
I enjoyed my short time working at Your Housing Group, the staff and tenants were all very nice and made me feel welcome, the surroundings that the office was based was very nice and it was easy for me to commute to.
Just say YES and you will be fine
Sheltered Housing Officer (Former Employee) –  The Whole of Greater Manchester30 October 2017
Workload Very busy. Good in house training.Expected to travel long distances.Hardest part of role the amount of work. Enjoyable part working with some nice people.
Pros
Established company
Cons
Face fit Jobs for the boys mentality
Lovely job, family oriented, team work excellent, salary ok, manager s supportive
Scheme Manager (Former Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside3 May 2017
Was a lovely job, residents respected me and I them. Everyday was the same but everyday was different. Very rewarding job. Was close to home and amenities for me and my family.

Unfortunately was made redundant after 10 lovely years, and so wanting to get back to where I feel I can thrive and hopefully retire
Pros
Team work very important
Cons
Redundant
Great Workplace
RLS Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire21 February 2017
A typical day at work would involve lots of different things happening each day you never had a same day at Beechmere.
I gained so much experiance and learned many things.
the staff gone on extremely well and i would go as far as saying that we had like our own family there.
Pros
free events
Cons
Non
very good place to work
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire30 December 2016
A typical day for me was reading lots of emails from doctors and

key personal that work at the Chester Hospital.

I would then put the emails in order of priority .

My priority every day was to get all jobs listed done that that day including emergency work that comes in through the day, that would include burst pipes blocked toilets repairs to hot water systems.

I was more than capable doing paint work to replacing hot water electronic timers.

I Worked along side the housing officer we were classed as lone workers our main boss worked in York at another Hospital sight.

I loved every part of the job
Great team of Staff
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Preston13 December 2016
The staff I work with at Your Housing Group are a great team of people from all walks of life. They are all caring and compassionate about what they to. The only think that is preventing me from staying is the shift work.
Organisation is Rotten From The Top
Community Projects Officer (Former Employee) –  Cheshire23 November 2016
Describes themselves as a new generation of housing provider. However they have lost the social heart that they claim to still have and their claims to have a commercial head are groundless. I have met many headless chickens with a greater commercial brain than all of the senior managers combined. Continual changes of direction makes it a reactive and high stress working culture with staff mental health suffering as a result. I would not recommend working for this employer to my worst enemy let alone my friends.
Pros
Cons
Management Culture Creates Cliques and Workplace Bullying
A lovely bunch of people to work with
Finance Assistant in Purchase Ledger (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Warrington30 October 2016
On a typical day there was plenty of work to do so you never got bored but sometimes more work that you can physically do.

My colleagues were a great bunch of people and we worked well as a team and shared some great banter.

As this was my first role working in the Housing Sector I have gained valid knowledge and experience for any future roles.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Heavy workload
Your Housing lip service
Rents (Former Employee) –  Preston27 August 2016
Having worked here for many years, I have decided to leave after they started treating staff badly. It used to be great but managers think they know everything but know very little.

No work/home balance.

Would no longer recommend this company. Gone downhill in last 6/12 months.
Pros
Colleagues NOT managers
Cons
Slave drivers!
Good
Customer Website and Social Media Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG27 July 2015
Your Housing Group are a good employer who thinks that they are excellent. Low morale among the work force is ignored. A very political, high pressure atmosphere leads to multiple bouts of sickness.
Enjoyable working environment
Senior Design & Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrington3 June 2015
Varied design and design management work dealing with many stakeholders working within the new development department. The management structure and business model lacks purpose and direction.
Pros
Flexible home working
Cons
journey to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Your Housing Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Your Housing Group Reviews by Location