Your Homes Newcastle Employee Reviews

interview
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear24 July 2018
Went for a interview at YHN never heard a thing went through a agency they didn't even have the decency to let me know just ignored me what a terrible company
Cons
Great place to work in Newcastle
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Bedfordshire30 May 2018
This is the best employer i have worked for. Very supportive and always pay on time. I met very positive people and i feel like they are my own family.
Very productive and a lot of fun on job
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, Tyne and Wear15 May 2018
Go on computer and look on the jobs that the housing officers had put on some were high risk some were medium risk and some were low risk .So we did the high risk ones fiI

I learnt a lot about YHN functioned as a company and learned about all the areas and the Health and Safety aspect of the role

The Management were all great friendly and approachable.

The workplace culture was great all one big happy team.

The hardest part of the job was there was a lot of walking involved with the role .

Taking my boots off at the end of the shift as were quite heavy
Pros
earned Flexi time
Cons
A lot of walking
Excellent place to work
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear9 May 2018
YHN excellent place to work, managers really care about their staff and are very happy to discuss career progression. Since working for YHN I have had fantastic support from both managers and staff. I was able to book training for myself paid for by the company and take flexi time when needed. I would say that YHN is the best place I have ever worked.
Pros
Flexi time
Overall decent
Gardener (Former Employee) –  Newburn12 March 2018
Work was fun and the lads and lasses there were excellent to work with (most of the time)
Great trainees and supervisors, not much expense spared on machinery, though, the machines are pretty ancient.
Manager seemed a little bit spineless and didn't seem to actually do anything but delegate his work to his supervisors.
Job security for most isn't there, as alot of people are on 0hr contracts.
Work life balance is good, flexi was available during my time there but not sure it is now.
Pay was good, though the pool staff were technically paid more than the permanent staff.
Culture was good and you felt as if you were doing something good for the community of Newcastle
Pros
Most of it
Cons
0hr contracts, difficult to get ahead, manager was spineless
Good But not Good?
Warehouse Delivey Officer (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear30 October 2017
I have worked for this company for twelve years. When I first started to work for this company it was, encouraging, fun, good employment advancement. But due to government cut packs the company and job has become none encouraging, stressful and the environment very hostile.
Pros
Paid sick
Cons
no advancment or encoragement to do so.
not a good place to work
Operational Manager (Former Employee) –  Hostel manageer in Gosforth9 July 2017
Very poor experience of working their. Management discriminated against me and nothing was done I liked the role but it was the management that made my job very hard work with no support
Pros
good place to work in the Hostel
Cons
poor management
typical council mentality
Senior Officer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne9 May 2017
not the best experience, a culture that thrives on gossip, zero customer service and inadequate trained or experienced managers.

technology is very weak and old
Pros
pension scheme
Cons
zero value for money
Good organisation
Health and Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear29 March 2017
Organised Almo governed by city council. Enjoyable place to work and pleasant office environment. A flexible place to work which valued work/life balance.
ok place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne16 February 2017
Good place to work, pay isn't great though but management is quite good. Can be supportive some staff, others can be just plain rude and extremely offensive.
Pros
ok place to work, training days
Cons
Awful and offensive office staff
Busy fun enjoyable working conditions
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne19 March 2016
This was a fabulous company to work for, i was given a lot of support an training throughout my time there. i had a fantastic working relationship with all of my team, i had a fantastic manager whom supported me throughout my time there. my daily routine was to deal and monitor emails, data input/research monitoring, answering telephone queries, i was responsible for distribution of mail, filing, photocopying/scanning. i also booked managers meetings for the year. my most enjoyable part was when i worked at customer service center, where i give face to face interviews with our clients. .was selected to be videoed for a training module for energy efficiency, this is screened to the front-line staff, they can learn and carry on with helping our customers whom are suffering from fuel poverty.
Pros
training oppotunities
Income Recovery Officer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne11 March 2016
The management at this organisation are weak, inconsistent and manipulate and policy and procedures to it their agenda's rather than treat all stuff equally.

How you are treat depends upon the manager you have. The management are organised and very dysfunctional.

I would think very hard if you are thinking for applying for a job with this company
Volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  North East6 November 2015
Enjoyed the volunteer work place, which gives me experience and confidence working with other customers.
Developed my confidence skills.
The most enjoyable part of volunteer work is helping and teaching the customers how to develop their skills.
Cons
Short hours
Rubbish place to work
Garden care (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG2 November 2015
I worked for your homes newcastle for 2 years was a rubbish place to work. Management never appreciated staffs achievements only told you if you went wrong if you done a good job they wouldn't thank you. The company exploited zero hour contracts to a point where staff were giving full time work for up to a period of 2 years and offered no fixed term
Contracts to these staff. Staff were discriminated on different levels. No funding for health and safety equipment for staff had to do with the bare essentials the only good thing was the pay the company paid staff!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything about your homes newcastle
Productive And Fun Workplace
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG16 October 2014
Each Day is a various of different tasks.
it is a fun enjoyable place to work.
lots of different staff benefits
productive peer education
volunteer peer education (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG27 June 2014
worked with YHN delivering peer education in secondary schools around Newcastle. each lesson we delivered was aimed around homelessness mainly and also drugs..
the most enjoyable part of the peer education was instructing young adults on the difficulties people face when becoming homeless.
Pros
made me look at life differently
Cons
there were none
Brilliant Workplace
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG14 October 2013
Your Homes Newcastle was a fantastic company to work with, Their ongoing training of staff is brilliant, I was always treat with respect form work colleagues and management alike
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Relying on Public Transport
Productive and fun workplace
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Newcastle3 May 2013
The staff were all so friendly and i picked up a lot of administrative skills and how to work with people. My co-workers were always there to learn me new things and always made sure i was doing my job correctly but helping me when i wasn't. The hardest part of the job would have probably been when i had to copy things from documents to the data base on the computer. I picked up how to do it in the first day of trying. The most enjoyable part of the job was being on the computer because i love using technology.
Productive and fun working place
Finance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newcastle Upon Tyne14 April 2013
I am a confident, hard-working and ambitious individual with excellent communication skills who is currently looking for work in the retail and administration sector of work. I have previous experience as a Finance / Administration Assistant for Your Homes Newcastle. In addition I have a solid academic background and I have also gained experience as a retail sales assistant working in a busy and varied environment. I take great pride in my customer service skills and I always ensure that I portray a positive and professional image. I am an outgoing and sociable character who is able to communicate with individuals in a clear, concise and approachable manner. I enjoy meeting new people, making them feel welcome and giving them the best experience and service. I have the ability to adapt to different work environments where I can remain focused and also learn from changes. I have demonstrated excellent communication skills with customers and also with work colleagues within different settings. I am able to work as part of a team however I am equally capable of using my own initiative in order to complete tasks on time. I am willing to undertake any training required in order to meet the company's goals and objectives and to produce a high quality output. I am able to commence work immediately.
Pros
flexibility