Young's Seafood Employee Reviews

good pay, poor treatment
Staff Force (Former Employee) –  humberston road11 December 2018
overall the pay was very good as could earn £300 a week however the way management and other superior roles treat their employees was poor to say the least.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
long shifts and poor treatment of workers
Been very rewarding
Operations Training Manager -sites (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire23 May 2018
Young's like all other companies need to move forward, I feel that I have gone has far as I can within the business. I have gained some valuable qualifications whilst working for Young's and I am now looking for new opportunities to showcase and share my skills and Knowledge and be allowed to make a difference in helping employees to gain skills required to do the best job they can. I thrive on challenges and leading a multi site training team has its difficulties, not only location but ways of working sometimes deviate and supporting the whole team can be difficult. The most difficult part of the job is persuading site managers that they need to get their teams trained, not only for safety but for customer compliance. The most enjoyable part of the job is successfully going through customer Audits without any non-conformances.
great firm
Group Brand Manager, promoted to Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire4 August 2017
Good culture, small business but knows what it is doing, great marketing team but a long time ago, not sure what things are like now...location isnt brilliant.
Pros
seafood
Cons
grimsby
A good working environment
Factory Operative (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire19 May 2017
I enjoyed meeting new friends, felt like I was treated fairly.
I felt independent and also learnt new hygiene skills within the food industry which I can take to other jobs in the future.
Pros
good hours
Cons
the smell
younngs seafood
Factory Operative (Current Employee) –  Humberstone road1 May 2017
clock on at 05.50 and get on the job have to wait in the line to get picked for a job and then you get put on the job bye the firtst line manager and just get on with your job and on a brake rotor and then do anything to help out on the line and around the job clean up at 14.00 and go home
Pros
Cons
ner off line in time
Productive yet strenuous
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Grimsby30 April 2017
A typical day at work would start early in the morning for me since I started before 6am and it would go on until the order was completed.
I learned that the factory is not for some people as they can't take all the trash that other people talk about.
some are friendly, to a degree while there are others who you do not end up liking for whatever reasons.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that you had a relatively secure job.
The hardest part of the job was actually trying to do your job while being pressured by your boss and making sure that you were actually doing your job properly.
Pros
paid while on break, good wage amount
Cons
very little hours due to small orders, easily became stressed, too much pressure
Despatch/forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Annan20 February 2017
Left school and started on the lines good place to work worked all over the factory and learned loads like first aid ,fork lifts
Pros
Easy
Cons
Smelly
Labourer/Production worker (Former Employee) –  Grimsby24 January 2017
I enjoyed this job as it was practical and I made new friends. I learnt new skills such as scanning items on the system which may come in good use in the future, and it was a good environment to work in.
Production
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  South Quay Station and Marsden Road29 February 2016
Part time work putting Fish into boxes enjoyed it but was only part time and when I got offered an apprenticeship I took it straight away. People are always friendly in a factory and hope to see them all again one day.
Easy work and good money.
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ENG15 July 2015
Was easy work and good money. Other staff were easy to get along with and the pay was really good when doing nightshifts, weekends or over time in general.
Pros
Good money.
Cons
Unstable employment
Effecient, Regimental
Stock Control / Data Operator (Former Employee) –  Marsden Road5 June 2015
Worked at youngs for nearly 20 years so cant be all bad. They are very regimental and some senior older managers are very old fashioned. Most of the work was very repetitive and could become boring. The staff in general were a good sort and full of banter and do a good job under cold and wet conditions.
Pros
Regular employment
Cons
Until i was made redundant
General Operative
Full time work (Former Employee) –  Marsden Road25 April 2015
I learned to pack, work on production line, with team, to get organised. I have done almost everything wich a factory need from an employed.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Overtime Work
The same as Icelandic seachill
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Cleethorpes, ENG14 January 2015
The same work, hense why I wasn't here as long. But as I previously stated, factory work isn't for everyone.
Mediocre
Part Time Shift Worker (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, ENG17 July 2014
The role it's self is manageable, however co-workers aren't very supportive and you aren't treated too a good standard.
Pros
managble tasks once mastered
Cons
long hours, unreliable shifts
Busy and fun place to be at.
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ENG2 January 2014
I really enjoyed my time at Young's although it is a very cold place to work in everyone around me was friendly and keen to help when I was still new. I made a lot of new friends at this place and the salary was really good. It's a shame that the company gets low on orders in the Christmas time and most of the agency staff including me had to be laid off.
Pros
Good pay and fun environment
Cons
Cold and no work near christmas
Productive and busy work environment
Quality Assessor (Current Employee) –  Grimsby2 July 2012
Responsible for sampling and analysing varied products, generating quality reports as well as communicating product information to other members of the team and interdepartmentally. Also cover for other areas of the technical department when required.