Young's Seafood

Young's Seafood Employee Reviews

United Kingdom33 reviews
very busy processing line filleting fish through to cutting portions to weighing and packing products ready for the packing lines to final pack for dispatch
The work was tough and long. The management was brutal and unfair and they simply didn't care about their workers however its pay was ok compared to other jobs
Pros
nice people
Cons
cold
Excellent company to work four work in dispatch picking orders dispatching them to asdas the people r good small team help each other try keep management happy
Great 200 year old business with amazing people. The best seafood business in the UK. The team make excellent products to very high standards. Recommended.
young's has been a interesting place to work you learn new skills but the mornings are early and its is 8 to 12 hour shifts but if you smoke the smoking shelter is heated.
Pros
money
Cons
early mornings
I enjoyed my time at this job, I developed a range of different skills and had a good set of fellow work mates, they never messed up my pay, and always had work for me.
Overall a great place to work. Staff are treated and paid very fairly. The management at Youngs ensure that all works are working fast and efficiently.
Pros
Very good pay/salary
Cons
Long early shifts
It's a good place to work it's non stop fair brakes you don't get bored cause it's non stop it smells a bit disgusting but you get used to it if your willing to put the effort in it's a good place to work
It was a well paying job being on the minimum wage of a 25 year old when i was only 17, the work wasn’t the best but definitely good overall, would recommend to school leavers.
It is a really stressful place to be. No twice thinking, management expect you to be a sheep, to do different stuff without thinking. Not a good place to evolve or to show your potential.
Very fast passed, stressful, demanding, anxiety-ridden blame culture the whole ephos is stage managed for customers and directors to give the illusion everything is under control. Management only want people who they can control manipulate and willing to do as they are told , Senior Management want people who are at the lower end of the education scale as middle Management as they do not like to be out shone and out thought , The working environment is Victorian with very little training very few re-assessment operators working on machinery they have no understanding of There’s dust and smoke filled production areas, with line leaders more concerned with productivity than workforce safety, wellbeing and quality
The salary is decent, but the environment just drains you mentally in an unexplainable way, plus the hours you do are based on the volume of the orders so you never really know how many hours you will do.
Best part of working at youngs seafoods was the friendly and inviting nature of everyone who works there. I enjoyed the good hard pace of the work and the satisfaction of feeling like you've done a good days work
The people are friendly and helpful which makes the job easy and enjoyable. Good pay. Good hours a week and an opportunity for overtime if wanted. Would reccomend.
I enjoyed working here in the time that i did the staff that i worked with were very nice and kind the area i working worked good for me and also my wage
Responsible for ensuring products went out on time and that all relevant paperwork and product checks were correct. Making sure all staff adheres to health and safety regulations, meeting tight deadlines so targets were met.
Pros
Good workers
Cons
Lots of changes
overall the pay was very good as could earn £300 a week however the way management and other superior roles treat their employees was poor to say the least.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
long shifts and poor treatment of workers
Young's like all other companies need to move forward, I feel that I have gone has far as I can within the business. I have gained some valuable qualifications whilst working for Young's and I am now looking for new opportunities to showcase and share my skills and Knowledge and be allowed to make a difference in helping employees to gain skills required to do the best job they can. I thrive on challenges and leading a multi site training team has its difficulties, not only location but ways of working sometimes deviate and supporting the whole team can be difficult. The most difficult part of the job is persuading site managers that they need to get their teams trained, not only for safety but for customer compliance. The most enjoyable part of the job is successfully going through customer Audits without any non-conformances.
Good culture, small business but knows what it is doing, great marketing team but a long time ago, not sure what things are like now...location isnt brilliant.
Pros
seafood
Cons
grimsby
I enjoyed meeting new friends, felt like I was treated fairly.
I felt independent and also learnt new hygiene skills within the food industry which I can take to other jobs in the future.
Pros
good hours
Cons
the smell
clock on at 05.50 and get on the job have to wait in the line to get picked for a job and then you get put on the job bye the firtst line manager and just get on with your job and on a brake rotor and then do anything to help out on the line and around the job clean up at 14.00 and go home
Pros
Cons
ner off line in time