Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust Employee Reviews

If your dedicated
Education Quality Assessor (Current Employee) –  Wakefield27 December 2017
Working in a busy health service environment is never going to be easy, but if you are looking for job satisfaction look no further. The ambulance service has given me a diverse career over 36 years.
Pros
Good opportunities
Cons
Shift work and difficult circumstances to deal with daily
working day life at YAS
Schedular planner (Former Employee) –  Willerby11 December 2017
I worked in control basis environment sending out crews on the radio to pick up patients to hospital and take them home, we had to move around 300 to 400 patients each day covering a wide areas of east riding and Hull area. This was a task full and hard job to do if we did not have enough crews on on vehicle breakdown, I also planned the work for the following day, planned about 100 patients with hard cases such as stretcher work or long distance, we also had voluntary car drivers whom we paid for mileage. They did the out of town runs who just needed a car to take them. We worked very hard as a team and other stakeholders within the service to take patients home as and when needed.
Pros
monday to friday
Cons
needed more vehicals
Low salary and slow feedback if you are on the wrong side of the power ladder
Bank contract (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire23 November 2017
Low salary and slow feedback if you are on the wrong side of the power ladder.There are some good people but there is too much of power game at senior level.Highest paid staff members only look after themselves and fellow highest earners.
If your face fits
Mobile domestic (Former Employee) –  all over yorkshire10 November 2017
I was under the allusion that been a major company in the health sector that there would be some kind of professionalism, I was wrong. The job was basically a job, no career prospects, no over time, and definitely a thankless job. Worst NHS company I have worked for, if your face doesn't fit then you will have to just deal with it.
Pros
you got paid
Cons
they dont like you bettering yourself, ie applying for other jobs
CFR Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield20 June 2017
The volunteer service can be very busy. The management of the role is done extremely well.
The work ethic is excellent and everyone works together as a team. The teams have a great ethos in supporting not only the casualties but each other also.
Pros
Learn new skills
Cons
can be hard work sometimes
Busy and intense
Clinical nurse advisor (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire16 June 2017
This is a very fast paced environment to work in because the service is alwYs very busy. There never seems to be adequate clinicians on duty. Some of the managers there are very good and are happy to help you with any problems, others are not very approachable.
Pros
Camaraderie between colleagues
Cons
Shift patterns
Dewsbury station ok
Ambulance valeter / driver (Former Employee) –  Dewsbury ambulance station12 May 2017
Most of the staff are nice people and I would give them the time of day but a selected few where that bad at there job thay had to back themselves up by telling tales brown nosing to the management blame culture causin stress to other staff (these people are supposed to be profesional paramedics (not) I would be ashamed to let them loose on my family and friends God help us
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Selected horrible people
Demanding but rewarding
NHS 111 Call Handler (Current Employee) –  Wakefield12 February 2017
Fast paced, very demanding but also very rewarding too. A great role to help people and also learn new skills.
Fairly intensive training but very well supported throughout.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
shifts
busy
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Wakefield24 November 2016
as an emergency service we should be doing real emergencies but that isn't the case. most of our work is mundane and stuff an emergency ambulance should not be doing. all the staff are great. management are not the best. the most important part of the job is helping the real emergencies. people who have suffered a cardiac arrest, people having a heart attack or a stroke or being there when life is brought into the world.
Pros
helping people who need us
Cons
very long hours
Great rewarding job
Patient Transport Driver (Current Employee) –  Leeds11 August 2016
A great job role where meeting new people makes every day interesting. A lot of travel keeps you out and about and busy, the days are enjoyable and fly by.
Very interesting
999 call handler (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire13 July 2016
This job is super interesting and every day is different, the support through training is second to none; you aren't allowed to take calls until you are 100% ready. The atmosphere and people are lovely and everyone makes you feel welcome.
Pros
Interesting, no two days are the same, pay
Cons
Entry exams, long hours, unsociable hours
Yas
Reservations Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wakefield27 June 2016
A typical day at work is extremely demanding within the reservations team department. My co-workers all work together as part of a team. The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with the patients as I have a caring nature and lot of time and patience for elderly people.
Emergency call taking
Emergency Call Handler (Current Employee) –  Wakefield26 February 2016
Most of the time I really enjoy my job

The control centre is a very busy environment

I find most management supportive and helpful

My co-workers are a very important part of my job as we rely on each other for help and support

The hardest part of my job is taking distressing or abusive calls

The best part of my job is to feel I have been able to help someone.
Pros
Save enviroment - parking facilities
Cons
stressfull at times and long distance to travel to work
Busy working environment
Procurement Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ENG14 August 2013
Busy working environment, all ways on the go with no time to stop and think!
Pros
Cons
lots