Yodel Employee Reviews

horrible
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  droitwich20 April 2018
worked there for 8 months was constantly being told not to deliver of the beaten track
surely these people deserve to be treated the same as others just advoid this company
Always had something to do.
Multi Drop Driver (Former Employee) –  South Shields, Tyne and Wear17 April 2018
Was a good job, always had something to do, some heavy lifting but nothing to bad. Hand held devices were easy to use and people were nice to get along with.
Pros
decent pay for what it was
Cons
Bad weather messed with your times but couldnt be helped
Nice compny to work for
driver (Former Employee) –  Waltham Cross12 April 2018
Nice people to work with . good costumer service , good experience
they provide vans clean and tidy , best experience all time busy good way to make money
Very well paid
Driver (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 April 2018
Incredible staff. It is true that parcels are heavy but if you get paid by the stop its totally worth it. Worked there for 1 year, made some good money for some hard work. Totally worth it!
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Big Parcels
Fun workplace
Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Show. Oldham1 April 2018
It's a good working environment. Pestle are friendly .and lots good worker . Yodel est a delivery company. They deliver lots places on Europe . I have worked there as loader and anloader. Picker and packer. Manual handling and health and safety at work
Pros
No free lunches
Worked worse places.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Leamington Spa, Warwickshire31 March 2018
I’ve worked for Yodel a few times over the years and it has got better. The new routing system does work quite well and will get you out the door and delivering fast and finds a lot of houses with house names on.

Pays every 2 weeks the only one I do find bad with it is the 2 different prices you get. Yes you will get quoted say £1.50 a drop and .5 for the next 9 but you also have packet deliveries at half the price. So if your doing a village route you could go a couple of miles for 75p and you will get a load more of them in rural routes compared to a town route as a small bag courier won’t be out there as it’s not viable for them to do. But it is for you in a big van??? That’s there only major downfall.

You do have to put the work in here with big numbers to make the money. Self employed 80 drops you won’t its that simple. If you can’t hit 120s minimum then this isn’t the place for you. 6 days a week is a tough ride but once you get into it then your good. Easier way to balance it. Your usually quieter on a Monday. Take essentials out on the Saturday and give yourself a busier Monday. That way more like 5.5 days And you get a bit more time at home.
Pros
You’ve got work
Cons
Long hours and heavy boxes.
Never had a problem
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Aylesford, Kent22 March 2018
Good place to work, easy money compared to some jobs, nice to be out on the open road rather than be stuck inside an office all day, get to meet people
Really bad management
Driver (Current Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire4 March 2018
The place is a nightmare to work and management is really bad the job is ok once you leave warehouse and start delivering I like dealing and speaking to the customers management bully and Haress you as soon as you don’t do something for them like work your days off but the managers can take there’s off without anything said plus you are expected to stay out late if you still have parcels left but management go home bang on time every day no matter what’s going wrong ceo needs to look at management positions to many managers for size of depot
Pros
Money
Cons
Management /hours
Not Good
Temp Contract (Former Employee) –  Oldham27 February 2018
Not a place to work, poor management with so much pressure on work, not enough training, wouldn't recommend. However if you need an extra money then work on around Christmas period only otherwise not a job you can trust.
Pros
n.a
Cons
bad
Self Employed Courier (Former Employee) –  Maidstone23 February 2018
Although taken on as part time it was a full on job with phone calls from head office at all times even days off. pay was minimal. no payment for non-delivery even after returning to addresses 3 days in a row. I would not work for them again.
Easy work, decent bunch of older drivers and office staff
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester18 February 2018
Got took on here in 2014 Love the work cause it’s easy. No loading, no tipping, drop and swap in most cases. I got to chose a run and it is mine for as long as I work here.

They get new units nearly every year and you get to share it with a driver on the opposite shift. Office staff are ok, some do there best for you with the odd one that doesn’t but they are all ok and none go out of there way to be arseholes with you.

Only real issue is the pay and attitude of the the older drivers. Some of the drivers that have been here ages are on bet contracts and they know it and aren’t shy in letting you know. But the culture is getting better thanks to the managers. I only left cause I got a chance to go back into management.

Easy work and it’s ok
Pros
One man one job and decent units
Cons
Pay is average
Don't waste your precious life in this organisation
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  London18 February 2018
Wasted a whole year of my working life here
I was a qualified hgv driver for this firm my truck had a damaged part and they did not fix the damage which would have taken ten minutes so sent me out in a van to collect parcels that required a lorry the van was far too small to get them all in.
Don't complain as you will then be labelled and they will start a witch hunt to get you out.
If your reliable safe and honest it doesn't matter you will be treated with contempt until you throw in the towel.
The so called friendly management team are made up of a collection of chain smoking foul mouthed louts even one of the women had a dirty mouth (I was so shocked) with no manners or customer service skills they are safely tucked away in their open plan office where everyone can listen in on your conversations with the clerk.
They cover each other's failings when it goes wrong and collude a story to put you at the cause of the problem simply because they are so inept at their own jobs.
My advice get a proper job with a proper haulage company even if it's a few pence an hour less and invest your time in a proper truthful honest company. You won't look back.
Take this advice let the low end work with the other low end and align yourselves with the decent people in the industry and avoid the charlatans.
Working with truthful people makes you feel better and for the sake of a few pennies per hour makes all the difference.

I worked with some of the guys in the warehouse and they were fantastic people so it's not the company as a whole just the transport lets it down the guys in
  more... the ware house were friendly and helpful and a pleasure to work with its such a shame.  less
Pros
Mainly left to work on own
Cons
Terrible terrible management style and culture
Communication barriers
In-Field Supervisor (Team Leader) (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire14 February 2018
the work depended total on the load of work, i learnt to communicate with the people how does not speak common international language and to work in a multi-culture environment , the management was good enough, the job was challenging but i realy enjoyed under high pressure of work load
Flexible
Neighbourhood Courier (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside8 February 2018
This job is a flexible role which suits parents with children of school age giving you the option to work around school hours. If you enjoy driving, and meeting people and are well organised this is the job for you. Can be very demanding during peak times (christmas) but rewarding when it comes to payday. Good support system and plenty of collegues to give advise. Pay scale is minimum. Lack of control of volume can be frustrating.
Pros
Flexiblity and location
Cons
6 days a week
Disgraceful
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Alfreton, Derbyshire26 January 2018
Management promises full time jobs to temp individuals....work all hours God send and do over time like there is no tomorrow to not get appreciated, all mouth and no action it's like blind leading the blind, scanners always mess up never get any time to yourself or your family, sometimes you can stand around for a few hours before leaving, there is lack of correct information and miss communication and when this happens you get a warning!!! Don't work for yodel unless you want a miserable life or should I say no life!
Pros
Wages
bad work place
Porter/Drivers Mate (Former Employee) –  Livingston24 January 2018
its an absolute joke the manager doesnt know what hes doing, they dont look after there staff and ex0ect you to do stupid hours and get nothing. its basically slave labour
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours not enough pay
No support
Neighbourhood Courier (Former Employee) –  Woolwich, Greater London24 January 2018
No support for neighbourhood couriers. They use you when they don’t have their own in-house drivers and then drop you once they sort them out. I always averaged 100 drops per day but they would take way what they need for their own drivers which meant your wages would drop all the time. I decided to leave when my volume dropped under 20 drops per day.
Casual work while working from your car
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Bromley23 January 2018
This job was as winter time work in the lead up to Christmas. Typically I would deliver 40-50 parcels a day in my 3 door hatchback to my town, with 70p paid per parcel. The main drawback for me was the long commute to the depot, where I would leave home around 9.00 and arrive at the first house around 10.30. Whereas the main benefits were being able to deliver the parcels during the morning and into lunchtime, and then having the rest of the day free.

The management was helpful and were agreeable to any changes I wanted to make. There were around a dozen or more people who also picked up parcels in the morning and were generally cheery and greeted me every morning.

Overall I would recommend this job to someone with free time in the morning, or someone with their own van/large vehicle that wanted casual work over the day delivering around 70-100 parcels.
Pros
Getting to know your local area better, working from your car.
Cons
Low pay, monotonous work.
it was alright mostly
Sorter/Loader (Former Employee) –  Willenhall, West Midlands22 January 2018
My duties included sorting parcels for transit . scanning and checking bar codes to ensure the the correct parcels went for loading onto the correct trailers for delivery. loading of parcell cartons and pallets onto trailers.
Pros
some friendly faces
Cons
I enjoy working for yodel meeting new people and going to new places
Multi Drop Driver (Current Employee) –  Middleton22 January 2018
Since working at yodel I’ve learned how to use hand held scanner and to make sure parcels get delivered on time and in a safe manner I enjoy meeting new people and working with in a team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yodel. Our community is ready to answer.