Yodel Employee Reviews

I enjoy working for yodel meeting new people and going to new places
Multi Drop Driver (Current Employee) –  Middleton22 January 2018
Since working at yodel I’ve learned how to use hand held scanner and to make sure parcels get delivered on time and in a safe manner I enjoy meeting new people and working with in a team
Do not work here
Worked in Head Office in Liverpool (Former Employee) –  Worked in Head Office, Liverpool18 January 2018
There is definitely no warm fuzzy feeling working here.They do not appreciate you at all.
I only gave 1 star as I couldn't leave it with no stars, so cant be a honest opinion.
evil place to work
service partner (Former Employee) –  Lichfield, Staffordshire13 January 2018
do not trust yodel management .
they dont pay properly

self employed and earn less than minimum wage,
the only reason alot of staff are there is because yodel do not check criminal records......
Pros
take parcels home
Cons
wages
Yodel Couriers Lichfield employment
Courier (Former Employee) –  Lichfield, Staffordshire12 January 2018
If you are ever thinking of working for Yodel, have a good look at yourself and say I am worth more than that. I have worked for them for the last 7 years, yes 7 whole years. How did Yodel reward me, by telling me and others working from the depot at 4.00pm on a Friday that their services will no longer be needed. Not a weeks notice, no not even a day, but wait until you finish that days work and tell you then. Please do yourself a favour and look elsewhere.
Pros
Setting your own parcel limit
Cons
Really don't care about the people who work for them. 7 years work, and less than 24 hours notice that you are no longer needed.
good workplace if like travel
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Livingston12 January 2018
sort parcels
load van
delivery parcels
recommend this job to people only if u are like to travel and well fit because sometimes you need to delivery heave items and need to clime some high flat steps.
not a good place to work
delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Warrington11 January 2018
never got paid rite and they would magically start putting charges on your wages for damage that you didn't even do also I was working 16 hour day trying to deliver all the parcells it was a joke
A lot of manual work
Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands8 January 2018
This job includes a lot of manual labor. when i used to work here the hours were long as sometimes i would have to work 12 hour shifts and it was very cold.

For women it was very hard filling the trucks with very heavy items.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Long hours, hard work, cold and agency workers could not speak proper english
Laborious and demanding work place
Delivery/Collection Driver (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk27 December 2017
Its a tough job, you have to be prepared to do a lot of heavy lifting, sometimes long days and very early mornings. But once you're out of the warehouse and out on the road, they day is yours and it can be very enjoyable with a positive attitude :) YODEL are understanding and helpful in most aspects of your day and career and willing to help in any way they can.
Pros
Working alone. Your own boss.
Cons
Early Mornings. Laborious. Long Days.
Not recommended
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Basildon, Essex11 December 2017
Lack of respect of attitude to employees, working on Saturday not paid double or 1.5 per usual rate. Like a slave I felt there honest. And I was sleeping 4 hours daily because of the schedule at yodel
Pros
Free working hours not paid
Cons
Long hours no place even to go to toilet
Good active work place
Driver Hire (Current Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian10 December 2017
Average company to work for! Never got my pay correct always had to chase up underpaid salary. Good active company to work for if you like being out and about
Pros
Keeps you active, fun fast enviroment
Cons
Pay was never correct, sometimes over worked
Messy workplace and organization
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Southampton9 December 2017
It is not organized properly and there are changes almost every week. You have to work every day even on Saturday and Sunday. At least the payment is in every 2 weeks not monthly like some other companies.
Pros
Payment is in every 2 weeks
Cons
Very bad organization
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Bellshill7 December 2017
Got given a job opportunity here by a friend of a friend . Worked there for a few months and it was great , only reason I left was due to health issues
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
fast paced no paid break
Debrief Team (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London7 December 2017
Lots of heavy lifting and rushing around, peak time you'll be unloading a van and theres a queue of vans going out of the warehouse and theres only 3 people able to debrief
Cons
long hours, no paid break
great place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds6 December 2017
A very dynamic environment, with great co-workers.Fantasic employer great company. People friendly, professional focused great can do attitude towards public, customer and all people inhouse.
Steer clear.
Courier/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear1 December 2017
Boy oh boy what an absolute mess of a company. From terrible administration to lies and deceipt and bone idleness of most managers. They look at you and talk to you like you're something scraped from a shoe. Inadequate equipment and battered unserviced vans with shoddy tyres. Job's easy but they make it feel difficult because they can't organise properly.
Pros
None.
Cons
Constant deception and laziness.
it was ok
Courier/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  West Midlands28 November 2017
Hours were long and tiring it would be a Peter job for a single person but not a person with a family. The pay wasn't to good and it wasn't very organised at times.
Yodel
Yodel Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Farnborough13 November 2017
I used to work in Yodel for 5 months and I made some good friendships with people who are working there since the beginning of the company so I think I will be able to make a good review.

A typical day at work
Your day as a Yodel Driver begins early in the morning - you always have to be there on time. Every driver has cages with his parcels in there. Your job is to load your van with all the parcels you have. It depends on you how fast you will get out of the depot. You have to care for your parcels as you are the one who paid for them because sometimes you are loading really expensive items. Yodel provides you a HHT scanner which plans your route for the day and makes the whole process a lot easier. You are delivering the parcels with the help of the scanner as well. When you finish you have to get back to the depot.

What you learned
Always being on time - you always have to be in the time window because customers are expecting their parcels. I improved my communication skills a lot simply because you have to enter into a dialogue with the customers. I learned to be more patient because not all of the customers are young - sometimes there are old people who needs assistance especially when the parcels are heavy.
Pros
Good salary
Poor pay
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire/ wakefield10 November 2017
I have worked for this company a few times and still things haven't changed for the better.
There's a lot of wear and tear on your vehicle, a lot of messing about with parcels and paperwork. The handheld devices are poor quality and training is quite long winded for what you are actually doing.
Payments for work take 4 weeks then you are paid every two weeks after that. sometimes you just don't get paid!! Its definitely a thankless job.
The company even gave out my wife's personal number to customers who hadn't received parcels as she was down as an emergency contact for myself and HR had messed up all my details on their system
Pros
self employed
Cons
self employed/ poor payments/ time consuming
enjoyable work place
Sorter/Loader (Former Employee) –  Basildon, Essex8 November 2017
good team work
always hard working to get things done on time would love to join the teem again reason for leaving temp work would love a contract with yodle
Pros
free lunches
Normal
5 años en el entrajero de repartidor (Former Employee) –  Londres8 November 2017
Medio bien much as horas en el trabajo i keria darte de Alta a tiempo parcial
Pros
Mucho trabajo
Cons
Sueldo bajo

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yodel. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9