Yodel Employee Reviews

What a joke of a place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Borehamwood, Hertfordshire22 July 2018
Not only are management pony at their job the wages are horrendous. Hours promised but never got them. Very dull and boring job. Same thing over and over again. They expect miracles from you as soon as you enter the building. Uniform is so small and tight. Nada smell constantly coming from the toilets. Useless canteen for breaks. Wouldn't send my worst enemy to this gaff. Joke of a place
Pros
You must be joking?
Cons
just being there
The WORST place to work..
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, Cumbria29 June 2018
So badly run, hours are ridiculous starting at 4 in the morning and not finishing until 9 at night. Never getting paid the right amount monthly and having to get a tax rebait every single time. Just a hassle. Don’t care about there staff. Not understanding about hours. Just very poorly managed.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and VERY poorly managed
Okay
Picker Packer (Former Employee) –  Bolton17 June 2018
Its a good place to meat new people and to learn new skills . its a very friendly and hard working place to be happy and get to no your place its good
If you want to manage your own hours then it's not too bad
Delivery Driver Multi Drop (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire16 June 2018
A typical day would consist of waiting for a delivery driver to drop off the parcels at my home address and then once these have been scanned I could start delivering the parcels. There were occasions when the delivery driver didn't drop the parcels to me at the time specified which meant being behind schedule from the start.
Pros
manage your own time
Cons
using own vehicle
Alright
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Farnborough3 June 2018
The job itself was good but the management wasn't that great. The hours were good but there didn't seem to be much care about personal situations. Not a bad place to work.
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds3 June 2018
Was given an opportunity to start my driving career at this company.
but struggled to progress any further, wanted my class 1 but wasn't given the opportunity to take it up.
Pros
job security
Cons
no overtime
temporary
Christmas temp role (Former Employee) –  Shaw2 June 2018
I was a Christmas temp at the Shaw distribution centre and my role ivolved picking and packing. It was an ok place to work however there was no job security.
Pros
Cons
job security
Physical but rewarding
line worker and delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Omagh, County Tyrone15 May 2018
A great working environment which allowed employees not to be stuck in an office environment. Had a lot of shifts during Christmas time which was good for income
Pros
Physical
Cons
Very early hours
Security
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  WAREHOUSE14 May 2018
Strong customer service and communication skills

Team player who works well when unsupervised adaptable to different working environments

Hand working reliable and punctual natural porblem solver who meets tight deadline
Pros
Security
Cons
Warehouse
productive fun place of work
driver (Current Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear13 May 2018
load van with goods to be delivered for that day/put into order of delivery
management allow you to get on with your job without any presure
it is a good place to work
learning the area you deliver too
the people you work with and meet
Pros
secure job
temp work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Borehamwood10 May 2018
worked here as a temp during the Christmas holiday season
very busy but very repetitive work. I personally prefer more diverse work then I did here. only temporary work
Below minimum wage
HDN (Former Employee) –  Bellshill, North Lanarkshire8 May 2018
It really isn't worth it people. By time you deduct fuel costs it's well below minimum wage & that's not counting things like road tax. U get penalised if customer isn't in which isn't your fault. Amazon Flex is much better!
Cons
Well below minimum wage!
Alwright to work
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire4 May 2018
To many racist people,i was Promised a contract witch ive never seen.On top of that one of the managers was werry rude,the job was actualy really fun and easy going i really wish to work there again now that the managers are changed
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Long overtime hours
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey30 April 2018
Good jobs
When I worked I was not the technology
You had a lot of packages in the warehouse to delivered
But I was 2 days and many changed for good there
Safe and fun environment
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester26 April 2018
Good environment to work in, very busy warehouse with a lot of customer needs. Busy throughout the year not just seasonal. 5-1 shift was difficult to get home so had to get a taxi most nights because if we completed work early we would go home early. E would finish between 11:30 and 1
Pros
Early finishes
Cons
Difficult to get home
Heres the true cost of working for yodel
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull26 April 2018
If you are a courier using your own car as a self employed person, It actually costs to work here, you can't even make min wage by the time you have paid fuel, business Insurence, public liability insurence, petrol, damaging your own car. Your expected to work 6 days a week, theirs no guarantee on how many parcels you will get it varies between 9 and 50 a day, your paid 60p a parcel and are expected to attempt to deliver the parcels 3 times, if your unsuccessful you don't get paid for it despite trying 3 times, your also expected to knock on 5 neighbours doors each time to deliver it before leaving in a safe place. You also need a second phone or phone number for customers to contact you, (yodel do not provide this) you can just give out your personal number should you wish to, customers will ring you ANY time, your expected to call your customers back at your expense. Public liability insurence costs 2.50 a week through yodel. By the time I'd finished paying out with yodel I made no money. And it cost me. Their will employ anyone as there are desperate. You don't get holiday pay.
Pros
Cons
No pay it may as well be voluntary
horrible
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  droitwich20 April 2018
worked there for 8 months was constantly being told not to deliver of the beaten track
surely these people deserve to be treated the same as others just advoid this company
Always had something to do.
Multi Drop Driver (Former Employee) –  South Shields, Tyne and Wear17 April 2018
Was a good job, always had something to do, some heavy lifting but nothing to bad. Hand held devices were easy to use and people were nice to get along with.
Pros
decent pay for what it was
Cons
Bad weather messed with your times but couldnt be helped
God job
Picker (Former Employee) –  Luton17 April 2018
I worked there almoust six months. This is was my first job in UK. I worked when i leave in Luton, but i move out to Worksop and i can't work there longer.
Nice compny to work for
driver (Former Employee) –  Waltham Cross12 April 2018
Nice people to work with . good costumer service , good experience
they provide vans clean and tidy , best experience all time busy good way to make money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yodel. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9