YMCA Training

YMCA Training Employee Reviews

United Kingdom8 reviews
Team work with a good positive environment. Promotion opportunities available for colleagues, rewarding job supporting people achieve their qualifications.
If you want a stressful life then it’s ok, to say that they are a charity organisation it’s quite shocking. It’s not about helping people at all it’s about over stretching staff while the fat cats at the top wipe all the cream for themselves whilst the minions work under stressful hierarchical management. Don’t do it!
I worked into a charity shop as a volunteer and when I was working there i got used to working well with customers, being under people and taking instructons, also running the shop and can't get a reference as the shop is now closed down
Pros
Working as a shop assistant
Cons
I worked as an Apprenticeship Tutor. The team I worked with were absolutely fantastic, really supportive and intelligent people.

The workload was big and personally I found it took over my life - this though isn't limited to YMCA, all apprenticeship training providers seem to suffer from this.

Overall a really positive experience, with great colleagues, just be mindful of the fact you'll be doing lots of work at home and the job stays on your mind most of the time.

You will learn lots in this role too, so you really will develop as an employee and a person.
Pros
Autonomy of the role.
Cons
The amount of work you have to take home with you (marking etc.)
Excellent place to work with a lot of support for staff ether person or work based. There is a lot of scope for personal and professional development.
Pros
flexible and caring
Cons
I had the pleasure of working with YMCA Training more closely recently and the dedication of their staff to their students, and the delivery and standard of Apprenticeships is astounding. It's a terrific organisation for young people.
Work required enrolment, Assessment and teaching of Key Skills initially, then Functional Skills with the Government changes. Extensive travelling up to 150 miles per day between centres. Working with Apprentices.
Pros
Pleasant work places, reasonablr salary, travelling expenses.
Cons
Long travelling hours
I was working as a kitchen hand and was bored, then I found an apprentice to be a mechanic. I started learning straight away and now love what I do. I now feel like I have a career instead of just a job.