YMCA Bedfordshire

YMCA Bedfordshire Employee Reviews

I love working at YMCA. My role is varied and never boring. It can be a pressured environment but that's the nature of the work we do. As with most Charities, the pay isn't amazing (although it isn't bad either) and the benefits are fairly limited BUT you do feel you're making a difference and that's a trade I'm willing to make.
Pros
third sector
Working for YMCA Bedfordshire is a real team effort and you are made to feel valued and very welcome. Your opinions and ideas are actively listened to and open discussions are welcomed. As an organisation they want you to achieve and encourage and offer continued professional development, 1-1s and team building. They are always looking to take care of your welfare and have really gone the extra mile during the Covid-19 Pandemic. A fantastic organisation to work for!
What's not to like, the staff are brilliant committed and passionate about all the services and people we support. Every day is different and every day I work alongside kind, caring and proactive staff.
Great working environment,. A business really focusing on staff development, and growth. A safe space to work & contribute, and great resident care! Very happy!
Pros
Team work
Cons
A typical day at the YMCA will include getting the register signed and emailed to the head of department, filling in the weekly managers report, sorting the petty cash and requesting refills and filling away confidential files. I learned that its great to work on your own initiative, but its also good to ask for help when needed, I also learned that I am a very good communicator, and that confidence is key. The most enjoyable part of working for the YMCA was the young people, like myself, who I was working with. The hardest part was the residential, where you go for a week away with the students.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons