YH Training Services

YH Training Services Employee Reviews

United Kingdom6 reviews
I enjoy working for the company that I work for and no day is the same... you get to meet so many people from different backgrounds, who have different ways of doing things and your always learning new things. We are, I believe, one of the best training providers in York therefore I have been on every training course possible for me to progress into my role today.
The hardest part of my job is when learners are not taken on by companies after they have worked so hard getting their apprenticeship and the trainer has worked hard supporting them and getting them through the qualification. Its disappointing to hear...however on a plus note its good that they have gained the qualification in the first place.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Paperwork
a very good place to go before you join a service in the military as it gives you a very brief idea what you would need to do and learn to join one of the military service to start your carrer in the sector
Pros
tell you how it is at what is you need to do to be accepted for the military standards
Cons
Some of their centres have a really good reputation, however the one I've had experience with is very bad.

Staff is rude, argumentative, condescending and speak to applicants in a terrible manner. I was shocked.
Pros
they're not the only training company in town
Unsupportive senior management team who, ironically for a training provider, do not train their new staff to a level expected to be able to do the job

Some excellent staff who are unable to express their thoughts for fear of upsetting the senior management team
Pros
Excellent Wage
Cons
Lack of support
My typical day at work would be to contact learners/candidates about local apprenticeships we have in the area and try get them booked in for pre-interview with a college of mine, i would then short list and contact the employers and try get interviews set up for the appropriate candidates.

I contact employers constantly to try gain more business for the company. As we have centres in York, Doncaster, Huddersfield and Hull i would also expand from just the Scarborough area and try and get as much business as i possibly can for each centre.

I have learnt a lot about 'selling' Apprenticeships to companies as i have picked up quite quickly how they work. i do enjoy my job but i enjoy engaging with the employers more than i do being sat in the office.
Open and relaxed office. Employer enabled me to develop skills, Knowledge and experience of Welfare to Work. Offered an opportunity to return to full time employment after period of ill health
Ask a question about working or interviewing at YH Training Services. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6