Yew Tree Garden Centre

Yew Tree Garden Centre Employee Reviews

Nice place and friendly customers. Cafe team were lovely but there was a high turnover of staff at times. Management had limited people skills and didn't know how to treat employees. Learned how to communicate with customers and work responsibly as part of a small team.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short break and poor pay
Really friendly environment to work in as long as You are not afraid of hard work. and everyone is willing to give advice and support if you need it. Uniform is supplied but you need your own boots.
I worked part time and the training and help I was given from management and other staff was great. Worked in the restaurant serving customers, working the dishwasher, taking out food and cleaning tables. Most staff were really friendly and helpful and the customers were mostly lovely too.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Can be busy
I worked here part time for almost a year and I have no idea how. I was 16 turning 17 and it was awful - I would work 10-6 and only get a 15 minute brake, expect me to do the dishwasher, waitress, barista, clean the windows/floors ALL at the same time. The pay was appalling, you did get a 20% off anything in store as a college but it's not worth it. The staff i worked with where nearly all friendly and nice but for the most part it was a new chef nearly every month!!! They have a cute dog though, Jasper. 2/5 - do not recommend (Haven't been back since I left)
Pros
Free Lunch and 1 Drink
Cons
Long hours with short break, sore feet/back, bad pay.
This was a great introduction to what it's is like working for the first time. I learnt alot about how to interact with customers because I was provided with excellent training.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Yew Tree Garden Centre?