Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom8 reviews
When i got the job I was so made up , completed my 2 week training which overall was a waste of time , because when you go on the wards Every one does the opposite , felt rushed when on the wards felt like I wasn't involved and basically had to get on with it , you never had a review from anyone to see how you were getting on , some staff were lovely but rest not patient.
It was a great place to work would recommend to any one considering working there to defo do it they’re all really really nice and welcoming especially to students
YDH has always been a great place to work. Like a big family. Of course the NHS is changing and YDH is no exception, but it has managed to acclimatise to local demand for its services and is a great innovator.
A friendly and cheerful workplace with huge challenges. (requires improvement)
Departmental management are challenged by senior management who seem unable to accept that the trust needs to streamline processes and become more competitive in an open market.

At the lower levels its a great place to work, at senior level I'd give it a wide berth.
YDH is a forward thinking, fast moving and unconventional innovative NHS Foundation Trust district hospital.
Quick to invest and support initiatives and new ideas.
Pros
Close knit managment teams
Cons
Staffing pressures, resource pressures, conflicting demands
Friendly and approachable management.
Company of co-workers always enjoyable.

Listening to "The Archers" on the radio during lunch breaks.

Taught a wide variety of transferable skills.

Never short of work, yet never felt overworked.
Every day was different, always busy and always a challenge. Gained a lot of experience through different situations. Was a very fun place to work
Pros
Different departments - could move to a different department if there was a vacancy.
The day starts at 07.30 hrs with a brief handover of the ten patients in our care.The person in charge of the previous shift who understands the workload allocates the patients. As a Sister I am often in Charge which means helping and managing the staff under my care enabling them to take their essential meal breaks . Liasing with other professionals such as the medical Consultants, Dieticians , Pharmacist and physiotherapist . The Nurse in Intensive care inteprets the patient to the world and the world to the patient. They would explain situatations to the relatives .

I enjoy working in close co-operation with my colleagues and have regularly taken small groups to extend their knowledge .

I have found the 12.5 hr days long and i preferred the 7.5 days we used to have.
Pros
improving the acutely unwell .
Cons
Long days worked exclusively - 12.5 hrs + more time