Yeovil College

Yeovil College Employee Reviews

United Kingdom11 reviews
There was a great community atmosphere. The whole college worked together as a team. Very good student support. The students were mainly enthusiastic and motivated. I enjoyed my time there.
Serving customers and improving the customer experience by helping them to find products.
Maintaining a polite and friendly manor.

Ensuring the store is presented to a high standard, including replenishing food hall stock, date rotating stock.

Check-out assistant, handling money and credit transactions.
Preparation for life and work, yeovil college campus
I have been on placement as part of my course with the preparation for life and work department for the college half term. Over the last half term, i have supported adults in additional needs settings where i have to adapt to each and every one of the students to ensure they feel safe and supported when they need me. Safeguarding and equality is key when working with the students. I complete one to ones with each student and help to prepare lessons and trips.
I worked at the College for 15 years, starting off as class room support and ending up as a lecturer, tutor and course manager.
There was lots of training available for free.

I learned to be a good teacher and usually got a 1 in observations.

The hardest part was trying to please everyone at the same time!
Pros
training opportunities, diverse workmates, professional standards, opportunities to improve and excel in teaching.
Cons
increased contact time, too heavy work-load
Whilst I had freedom to create courses and deliver training and course manage there was little support. The principal decided to close the satellite college where I worked and so I took redundancy.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Lots of preparation time
Treated Very Poorly By Management, your welfare is not their primary concern. if your face fits you are fine, if not you will quickly know about it. Personally I had a manager that tried to get me sacked 3 times.
Enjoyed working with young people and seeing them achieve. toughest part of my job was Dealing with Management who where Clueless about life on the Shop Floor
Pros
Lots of Holiday and Free time
Cons
Poor Management
A typical day consisted of: Helping out the IT Services staff members, cleaning around the college, answering phones.
Management was amazing. Staff were very friendly and helpful
Pros
1 Hour Lunch Break, Work Experience
Cons
Wide variety of lecture subjects on offer.
Friendly and helpful staff, able to guide students onto to path of higher education or into the world of work.
i really enjoy my course and college both years that i have been there. very nice people there easy to get along with. management is really good and everyones personal needs are met
Pros
good traing/teaching
Cons
Assistsant to staff and students on various further and higher education media courses
A very difficult establishment to for in due to the non existence of any worker or student support.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yeovil College. Our community is ready to answer.
Yeovil College Reviews by Location