YELLOW DOT NURSERY Employee Reviews

I love it
Modern Apprentice and nursery nurse and senior (Current Employee) –  Chandlers Ford, Hampshire22 June 2018
I have worked for Yellow Dot for just over 3 and a half years and it’s safe to say I love it. I have been given the opportunity to do my level 2 and 3 in childcare as a MA and throughout this the support I received from every one in my nursery and management was outstanding and I always knew if I was stuck I could always go and ask someone, and you also receive 8 hours out of the rooms to do your course work. By completing my level 3 it has opened so many doors for me I have been a nursery nurse and I am now a senior nursery nurse in the room I love. In Yellow Dot there are always room for development and they offer you so much support and encouragement. I feel that I wouldn’t be the practitioner I am today with out the yellow dot team.
Pros
Team are lovely. Always support when needed. Alton’s a lovely place to work.
Toxic work environment
Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hampshire19 May 2018
A terrible place to work in. Like a lot of other people have said, staff turnover is high and this is no coincidence. Give you no time to do paperwork (huge amount of paperwork but still expect you to spend quality time with the children?!) no time to do displays, always short staffed, daily observations, monthly observations and all has to be done whilst you are supposed to be looking after the children.

Management are rude and make staff feel very worthless.
Pros
1 hour unpaid lunch
Cons
Long hours, worst wages, backbiting colleagues, unrealistic expectations
Brilliant company to support progression
Room Manager (Current Employee) –  Hampshire29 March 2018
Yellow Dot is a great company to work for. They are keen to support those who wish to progress and do want the best for their team. They look after their team and have high expectations for their company. Yellow dot are always open to new ideas and willing to try new things to better themselves. If you are keen you can go far and they will listen. Yellow dot have a great support team in place to ensure good practice. There are plenty of training opportunities for those who wish to better their practice. Yellow dot are flexible and demonstrate value to those who have shown dedication and commitment over the years.
Pros
Training, promotion, great support system
Cons
High expectations and commitment can sometimes mean a struggle to find the work/ life balance.
4 May 2018

Thank You for your comments. I am so pleased to hear that you feel supported. We are passionate about encouraging people to progress and develop. Support to develop is here for all of our team.

Only downhill from here
Senior Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  All over8 March 2018
*Very little respect and appreciation for their workers
*Unrealistic expectations of their staff - always adding to their work load
*Poor pay for the amount they do
*No idea what goes on in their nurseries or the children in them, just start making additional demands to everyday routine and practice
*Puts their workers through so much stress that they get signed off and then punishes them for missing work
* take away resources that they decide aren't good enough even if the employee paid for them with their own money and doesn't replace them but blame you for not planning provocations to their liking
*Thoughtless
*Rude
*Disrespectful
*Unsupportive
*Ungrateful
*Vile
This is upper management, the staff in most settings are good to work with if they know what they're doing but the company is getting desperate and hires anyone that walks in this day, leaving the experienced to do all the more work.
Pros
brings staff closer together
Cons
all the above
4 May 2018

We are so sorry that you feel this way. I would love to discuss the comments you have made and would love to try and resolve them with you. If you would like to contact me I am on 02380 254 092 and would love to talk to you. Kind Regards Michelle Shaw

Fun Workplace
Tea Person (Current Employee) –  Chilworth, Hampshire13 February 2018
A typical day at work as a tea person is consistent, easily managed and mostly enjoyable.
I have learnt good time keeping skills and have improved my communication skills.
Management were very friendly and were understanding of my college timetable.
The most enjoyable part of the job would probably be the ability to work alongside people my age as a team and work through tasks together.
Pros
Understanding of college hours
Cons
No ability for increasing hours
4 May 2018

We are so pleased that you have had an enjoyable experience with us and you have obviously developed well. Becoming a Tea Person is a great way to earn some money whilst being at School/College. The role will give you an introduction into your first job and definitely improve your skills. Wishing you all the best at college.

Educational
Nursery Nurse Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Chilworth, Hampshire21 January 2018
This job was my most helpful in achieving my lifetime goal of becoming a teacher, I enjoyed working with the children it was just the staff and management which were seclusive and biased to certain staff members
Pros
Educational, children
Cons
making a difference in a child's future
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  North Baddesley24 September 2017
Opportunity to inspire potential in others, making a difference in young children's growth and development. working as part of a group and sharing best practice and ideas.
Good first job for the experience
Tea Person (Former Employee) –  Otterbourne, Hampshire21 August 2017
I enjoyed working as part of the team at Yellow Dot. My job involved washing up, doing the laundry, cleaning the kitchen,emptying the bins and re organizing the storage area.
19 September 2017

Thank You for your comments. We are so pleased that you enjoyed working with us. Working as a Tea Person is a great first job for a young person at School who wants to earn some money. Thank you for joining our Team.

Amazing place
Modern Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Eastleigh, Hampshire15 August 2017
yellowdot is a lovely company that cares about children. they helped give me a career path during a difficult time. working with children is the most rewarding thing i have done. would highly reccomend this for their apprenticeship scheme.
Pros
fun, active, enjoyable
17 August 2017

Thank you for your lovely comments. We are so pleased that you find your job rewarding. The Modern Apprenticeship is a great way to gain a childcare qualification. We are glad you found your time with us a positive experience.

Always has the best interests of the Children and Team
Support Team Member (Current Employee) –  Otterbourne, Hampshire10 August 2017
I have been with Yellow Dot for 16 Years and they have always been a caring organisation who has supported my career development from Nursery Nurse through to Manager. I have been supported through training and there is a culture of work-life balance.

The Director is passionate about inspiring outcomes for children and achieves this by employing people who like to smile and have the same passion for high quality childcare. The equipment that the Team and Children get in the rooms is high quality standard.

The Support and Development Practitioners ensure that regular training supports our Froebel approach and this training is also supported in the Nurseries, one to one in the rooms.
Pros
Summer & Christmas events, Pension, Career Development, Training, Support Team

Want to know more about YELLOW DOT NURSERY?

Ask a question
Productive workplace
Tea Person (Former Employee) –  Otterbourne, Hampshire28 June 2017
I enjoyed working here as my first job but over time felt that the pay was too little for the amount of jobs i had to complete within the work hours. I became very tired after the shift and didn't enjoy cleaning as i wanted to work with the children.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Long hours for little pay

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Your feedback is important to us and I would like to discuss some of the points you have made. Please contact me on 07393 149 421 or on michelle@yellowdotnursery.co.uk so we can try and help.

Worst job ever
Employee (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire23 May 2017
Do not work for this company!!
It is more like a production line!
Staff in staff out ...All they care about is ££ not you! You are just a number to them not a person.
Highest staff turn over.
Looking for a new job as I speak.
Pros
Nice fammiles. nice open planned nurseries.
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, no benifits, poort managment and support team (no support at all)

Hello,

We are so sorry to hear that your experience was a negative one. Your feedback is important to us and we would like to understand further. Please could you contact me on 07393 149 421 or on michelle@yellowdotnursery.co.uk so we can discuss and try to help resolve any issues as best as we can.

Horrible place to work
Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hampshire10 May 2017
I found that everything was very unfair and i didn't enjoy my time there at all. I am currently looking for a job so that i can get out of there. I found the management unhelpful. Overall it was a very unfair environment.
Cons
Very long hours

Hello,

We are so sorry to hear that you feel you have had an unfair experience. I would like to discuss this further with you. Please contact me on 07393 149 421 or on michelle@yellowdotnursery.co.uk so that we can try to resolve your issues as best as we can.

Your just a number - huge staff turnover. Worse pay ever!
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire5 May 2017
The staff turnover is ridiculous.
Parents would comment all the time about 'oh another one leaving'
Personal problems are an inconvenience with no support from the management team.
Wage was the worst I've ever earn't No clear pay structure. No sick pay. Unpaid leave for a hospital appointment.. Have to pay for your DBS

Only lasted 6 months and left like everyone else.

Shame though - the children and families were lovely.
Pros
1 hour lunch break, Nice families to work for.
Cons
Low pay, huge staff turnover

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that your experience has been a negative one. I would like to discuss this further with you to see if there is anything that we can do to right any wrong. Please contact me on 07393 149 421 or on michelle@yellowdotnursery.co.uk.

Lovely
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hedge End, Hampshire20 March 2017
Yellow Dot was my first paid job after graduating from university. The management and staff were supportive and helped me acclimatise to a new environment very quickly. I had to leave due to personal circumstances that management were not very empathetic towards. So I chose to leave rather than stay in what was becoming an unsupportive team. The management has since changed so my situation is no longer relevant to the new management which I am familiar with and know are more supportive of their staff's needs.
As a place to work
Nursery Nurse Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Hampshire31 January 2017
The company used to be a joy to work for, however, since it has grown the caring for the staff has gone. The staff turnover is now constant and finding new staff takes longer and longer.
Pros
the children
Cons
the hours and attrocious wages
Great company & great opportunities
Nursery Manager (Current Employee) –  Hampshire29 November 2016
This is the most supportive company I have worked for and there are many opportunities to develop and progress within the company.
All Yellow dots are the same yet different but everyone's ideas are taken on board. You will always feel valued.
professional, supportive environment
Yellow Dot (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire29 November 2016
Yellow Dot is an outstanding company to work for. Always supportive and understanding. Inspiring potential in every child and practitioner. Work place is friendly, fun and inviting!
Passionate about childcare
Nursery Manager (Current Employee) –  Hedge End, Hampshire29 November 2016
I worked for yellow dot when first starting out in nurseries, I have returned after 18 months away. Childcare is not standard, the level of care and expertise from yellow dot is second to none! Support and training is consistent and caring. A fantastic company top work for.
A caring company which wants the best for children and staff.
Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire28 November 2016
Lots of opportunities for training and professional development. The team is very supportive and welcoming. A great company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YELLOW DOT NURSERY. Our community is ready to answer.

YELLOW DOT NURSERY Reviews by Location