Yell Employee Reviews

United Kingdom112 reviews
Great to be back!
I returned to Yell in June 2019 after being made redundant in 2014.
The recuritment and training are second to none and there's always someone happy to help.

I found the whole worklife balance tough initally, as this is my first field based role, however using the structure I was given and trying to sick to that has made that part a bit easier.

My manager & colleagues are always there to help if I need it.

Yell are great at rewarding their employees and I have always found them a fair and decent employer to work for.
Company which lacks morals & integrity
- Micromanagement culture by managers who have been there for a long time (Yellow Pages days) however have no clue about digital marketing.
- Management don’t care that half of a team was off on long term stress due to 1 particular manager.

- the products no longer work due to being outsourced and everyone in sales taking a healthy slice

- the customer comes last, you’re told to sell at all costs, actively told you NEED to get a sale otherwise your job could be on the line. Meaning selling packages to customers for the sale of it.
Great company to work for
Yell are a great company to be part of. You get a fair salary for the role and the commission earnings are uncapped so if you are prepared to work hard - you can earn really good money.
Great Company
I have worked in the business for 10 years now. Love every minute of it.
The people who work in Yell are all very driven and motivated. It can be challenging however the rewards and bonus scheme they offer is amazing and can change your life.
Easy on-boarding process - very helpful
The interview was long but in hine hindsight it worked well for the job I was going for so it made sense.

The people are great and the company is very understand and helpful.
Genuinely More Than A Job
I have worked for Yell for nearly 9 years now.
During that time I have been a successful Account Manager, Digital Account Director and now a Sales Manager.

I have genuinely love my job and whilst it’s not always easy, it’s immensely satisfying to work with such an amazing group of individuals who are all as passionate about delivering excellence.
Challenging and rewarding in equal measure
Success culture at Yell is the best part about the job. getting to work with driven and motivated people who help business achieve their goals daily, while also earning an excellent salary/bonus combined with an unbelievable reward scheme really makes Yell stand out.

As with any target driven environment, there are challenges but the support available and coaching/training is truly first class. Best in the business.

Excellent career opportunities. Clear and direct career paths for all people, at all levels. From developing talent and capability in current role to progressing to different roles in the business or leadership.
Great place to work and Welcoming
I have been at Yell for just over a month now and have enjoyed every moment since starting. Interview process was really welcoming, made to feel welcome and also the company was very helpful to make you feel comfortable and ready to start.

Great culture and very positive atmosphere so far.

Management are understanding and respond accordingly to any issues or questions you may have.

The role itself is very challenging but as any sales role you have to keep motivated and be self disciplined to keep going, sales targets are high but can be done.

I joined Yell due to being passionate about the products they offer and more so after researching the company there learning and development and opportunities are very good for anyone looking for this in there career.
Productive Environment with ongoing learning and development
Your day to day roll is much like any sales role, you have to be consistent with your dials and ensure your doing the best for the customer. I have learned much more since joining yell and there call process ensures you have a good business consultation with customers and is a great guidance to help kick start.

Regarding management since I started I felt as if I was being micro managed and didn't really like being managed in this way, however after speaking to my manager and other managers about this, I found they responded accordingly to help support the way I like to be managed.

Workplace I would say is very positive so far, just like any other sales role its very faced paced it Is what you expect from any sales role

The hardest part of the role for me has been adapting to the Yell style and way of doing things which is different however I have enjoyed learning this process so far as it allows me to adapt to a new way of doing things and also learn and develop myself more.

The most enjoyable part of the role for me so far has been speaking with customers about there business and helping them market there business to full effect, also building great relationships as I am really passionate about Both of these.
Great Company
Best company was be worked for. Challenging sales environment but highly rewarding if your prepared to work hard. There is also great company culture, lots of support and several opportunities for growth if you want to further your career.
Proud to be Yell
It has now been more than a year since I accepted the job offer as a Business Development Manager at Yell and I can honestly say it has been one of the best decisions I’ve made.

One of the lists of things I love about this company is that they want YOU to be YOU and they celebrate your uniqueness. When I cast my mind back to the very beginning, this was said to me on my telephone interview by the Talent Acquisition Consultant, I personally know now he was 100% right.

The interview process was very informative, inspiring and fun!

As soon as I left the face to face interview, I remember feeling anxious about getting the job offer because I was very impressed with the direction the company was taking and I wanted to be part of Yell.

The Yell company to me is like a family, I say this because like a traditional family we all help each other be the best we can be. We support each other when things are tough and share each other’s joys when things are great but most importantly, we appreciate the efforts of each individual.
Pros
Career progression, Training Courses, Opportunity to make good money
Cons
You get what you put in, so some days you will work long hours
Great Company, Great People, Great Culture!
I have been working for Yell for 2 months now, I couldn't fault the company in anyway. The interview process is great, the recruitment team keep you updated throughout the whole process, and even send you text before each interview wishing you luck, which i think is a nice touch.

The training is the best I've had, the training team do a fantastic Job of cementing your digital marketing knowledge.

The thing I like the most is the people and the culture, everyone just wants to help each other to succeed.
Very rewarding Job
I have been at Yell for 9 months and I’m really enjoying it. The training programme is first class. The job is very rewarding if you put the work in. I love helping businesses reach their goals. If your looking for a easy job this is not the place for you. If your willing to work hard, you have determination, enthusiasm, Want job satisfaction, earn good income and love recognition then look no further. Looking forward to a successful future with you
Engaging & Competitive
I am someone who left and came back and the changes in 5 years away are incredible. Everyone is open and ready & willing to help with anything you need.
The training is a monumental task but the expectations are set early on and it is delivered is a way where you are able to engage at every level, and can adjust to the group to make sure everyone is on the same page before moving on.

Management understands the one team mentality so it means you are collaborating rather than being ordered or told what to do.

You have to have a clear goal with this role to make sure you hit bonus, but by having that and sticking to the training, it work.

There are great teams withing the business which make the days go quicker.
5 stars!!
Fast pace environment but very rewarding company to work for. Bonus is achievable and lots of opportunity to progress into different areas.
would definitely recommend !
Passionate company with great people
The interview process is what you would expect from a big company....thorough, testing and informative. The atmosphere is that of a go getting company with numerous systems and processes that have to be adheared to - which can be challenging at times. My manager always makes time for me and is supportive and inspirational...as is the rest of the team. The company is very focused on success and everyone is expected to do their part ..The training is intense and fast paced but support is given by way of numerous guides and sales training collateral which is very useful to refer to...as well as manager and team member support. The atmosphere is upbeat and lively...work hard/play hard!...lovely people!
productive and competitive
day to day work is great, amazing team culture and great management as-well. received a lot of help when needed from other employees. would 100% recommend!
Fantastic, super and breath of fresh air
To say the people are fantastic is an understatement. They are so welcoming, collaborative and all love what they do. Determined, customer focused, leading the market in everything we do. You see employees on LinkedIn, showing their love and excitement for the role, but it’s not until you are apart of the yell family you truly know how amazing it is. Exciting times are ahead, and certainly the values, the people and processes will ensure we achieve great things. From initial interview to job offer and starting your very first day it is very streamlined, a credit to the hard work the recruitment do.
Totally more than a job
First class training, nicest people you could ever meet are within this business, I loved working for Yell years ago and I’ve returned after a break to have children. The business is even more vibrant than ever and I’m very happy to be part of this success story, where staff are valued and respected and in an environment where I not only want to be the best I can be for myself but also for my manager my team and for the company
#1 Team 1 Dream
What A Company!!

From the Beginng to Now what journey, one of the best but intense training courses ive been through then the ongoing support is fantastic.

Due to a football injury i was unable to get to the office so the company provided the support and equipment to set me up at home, at no point did they turn there back on me with the ammount of doctors appointments etc, still provided everything for me to be able 1 earn a living but 2 do everything to the best of my abilty!
Bonus potential
Great opportunity to work hard and eard good bonus. The hardest part of the job is keeping the head when things aren't going well. The people are great and you always have someone to have a bit of craic with.