YEADING JUNIOR SCHOOL Employee Reviews

3.5Pay & Benefits
4.0Job Security & Advancement
Most enjoyable part of job
TEACHER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  ub4, 0nr7 May 2018
I really enjoy working with children, they found that I was approachable I also helped plan lessons. The teachers found that I effectively communicated with the children in the class.
okay
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayes27 March 2018
only worked here for a day, seemed better than most. the main teacher was nice, so was another one, so was another teaching assistant.

there was also another agency-sent TA like me who was really nice
Pros
nice teachers
Cons
weird school rules
Friendly and Productive
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayes, ENG19 February 2014
A typical day at work involved me checking my own handbook which gave me information on what tasks I was to carry out with the child. I then got all the necessary resources and kept them to the side for later use. My day started off by leading group activities of 4 children. I then would give feedback to the teacher of the children’s performances. Throughout the day I would take the child out at least once to help him focus on his targets in a calm environment. After this the child would return back to the class and I would assist him in that environment. The co-workers were all welcoming and encouraged me to ask for help if I dint understand anything. They were all friendly and cooperative. The hardest part of my job would be getting my one on one child to focus and stay on task however I managed to do this without much difficulty.The most enjoyable part of the job would be taking the children out to complete physical activities where they had to get involved.
Fun workplace
Junior Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yeading, ENG11 November 2013
I was asked to complete administrative work, whilst working and politely communicating with children aged 7/8.

I learnt how to behave with young children, I obtained skills of being calm, polite and patient. I also learnt multi-tasking my administrative work as well as taking care of children.

The management was ok, some decisions were made by consulting and other decisions were made without consulting me.

The co-worker were very kind and polite as sometimes I did not bring in lunch and one of the co-worker would buy lunch for me.

The hardest part of the job would be completing break time duties in the cold and not being able to have lunch outside.

The best part of this job was communicating and learning how to manage different kinds of children.
Pros
Communicating with young Children
Cons
TA Management