XPO Logistics Employee Reviews

Avoid at all costs
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bellshill, North Lanarkshire17 June 2018
Treated like scum from very early on, as it has been with the majority of the staff currently working under them. Managers see you as nothing but a number, and no matter your circumstances you are expected to be a robotic body to them. Avoid at all costs.
Life could be easier
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  North West14 June 2018
Job could be so easy but due to the management being a joke it's really hard like everywhere they have their favourites who get all the easier work while looking for ways to get the rest in trouble it's just run so bad
Pros
Other warehouse staff
Cons
Idiot management
Great stepping stone.
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire6 June 2018
I worked here for many years and really was an excellent place to develop m skills and extend my knowledge of warehousing and logistics.

Career progression was however in short supply and felt my position was the highest for a long time I was going to achieve.
Happy with the experience
pick packing scanner based and despatch (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent5 June 2018
Not worked there for very long due to missunderstandings with the employer only one downfall where issues discussed with the agency were somehow ignored although i will leave this to my self but experience in the warehouse very nice good team good managament good training good experience .
low pay and no overtime
HGV Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Leigh23 May 2018
both units and trailers are a mess always handing in defect notes to the garage then a different unit next day and same again.
Can't do overtime unless you have your adr.
Pros
None really
Cons
units and trailers and low wages
Very poor
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 May 2018
Overtime pay is flat rate and forced upon. Staff abusing power. No benefits and pay does not reflect the loss of a social and or private life. VERY unorganised.
Pros
Cons
Loss of social life. No real overtime pay. Overtime forced. Job always under threat
great place to work
Forklift Driver/Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh17 May 2018
XPO logistics is my current employer and a could not be happier with the work team that a have been allocated. hour rota is a three shift pattern and it has its benefits as well.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
hours are sutibale bvut you need to be willing to give 100% in any job
Boring and no chance of advancement
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Motherwell, North Lanarkshire13 May 2018
was phoned at 4 am regularly to start work that day and if i refused would not get a shift for weeks plus very low pay with not a hope of job advancement
Wrexham XPO Returns
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Wrexham10 May 2018
I worked in the return dept for 10 months at Wrexham. Great place to work, nice easy going management, good pay, good life / work balance with 12 hour shifts so 4 days off a week. Good bunch of lads so had a right laugh going to miss the place. Lots of long term employees so not a huge turnover of staff, I only left to go self employed. £9.88 an hour with time and a half for overtime.
Pros
Pay, management good, breaks, days off, relaxed atmosphere.
Cons
Some really (60kg) heavy boxes to lift! canteen, toilets.
a good work place
-allow to listen music
-very good eviroment
fast moving industry
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire6 May 2018
regular one to one with team members, peers and managers ensuring daily agenda and adhoc task are prioritized.
All health and safety is complied during shift, reporting all site incidents following site policy and procedures
Learned many skills from operational excellence and management behavioral, as I have greater knowledge in people skills and getting the best out of team colleagues
Various management types to learn from, I take the best parts from each individual and apply to my own management style,
Very challenging workplace at times, but you get the most out of what you put in.
Got Along With Employers
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Snodland, Kent25 April 2018
Sometimes Got Sent Home Early Because Not Enough Work. Fellow Employers Were Easy To get Along With But Some Managment Was Poor. Very Hard Working Warehouse And Always Busy.
Pros
Free Coffe
Cons
Sending Home All The Time
Large company
Manager (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom25 April 2018
Very large and ambitious company who appear to promote within and further employees careers.

Very aggressive in taking on contracts which is a great thing as continuously creating new jobs.
Enjoyable place to work
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Manchester23 April 2018
Work with good people, for a long time, typical day is second nature I am skilled in my role, I have gain a lot of experience, and achieved the necessary certificates to do my job, from in house training.
Managers are fair, most have become friends and are approachable.
The culture in my present site, is to look after each other.
The hardest part, is the repetitiveness.
The enjoyable part, is the people, building friendship's in and out of the workplace.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Shift patterns are long
Very good
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent23 April 2018
It was a very good job. A friendly environment, friendly relations between employees.It was a job at a wholesale store in H & M online shop. I worked with the computer, I made items returns.
I packed, picked and sorted clothes into the boxes.
both good and bad workplace
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Banbury, Oxfordshire16 April 2018
The job is not difficult but is repetitive. It usually doesn't involve heavy lifting because it's mostly picking toys, but some of the boxes can be heavy. The team leader was nice, but he promised we would get llop training eventually, but it never came. We were also promised we could get permanent jobs with xpo (I am agency now), but it's already been 8 months and nothing changed. We used to work full time, 5 days a week, but it's been a few months now that we only work 3 or 4 days a week, not covering the 40 hours.
Pros
good payment, not heavy lifting
Cons
not guaranteed we would be working the next day, was promised training but it never happened, repetitive tasks
Not an enjoyable experience
Warehouse Picker (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian16 April 2018
On the second week at XPO some 12 hour shifts were added to my rota which I was not consulted about.On a few occasions I was sent home early,i also had some shifts cancelled once after I had made the journey into work
Logistics / Supply Chain / Transport
COMPLIANCE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Swindon15 April 2018
Very fast paced environment and always working to tight deadlines, massive workload with limited support. Learned how to manage a senior team of managers and hold them accountable for preventable issues.
Pros
Cheap Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
productive and good work place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Warrington7 April 2018
Good working experience fun days working with good colleagues.
Possibility to develop and learn new skills. Management always willing to help everyone's needs.
great place to work
Tranport Clerk (Secondment) (Current Employee) –  Worksop6 April 2018
varied jobs I have learnt lots of skills in order to work in a busy transport department. The management are very supportive. The workplace culture is good with an emphasis on efficiency.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XPO Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.