Play YouTube video button

Featured review
XLN Business Services selected this as a representative review
Training.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire15 May 2019
In middle of training and boy is it intense but also really good. How xln as come up with this I don’t know. I have had 2 weeks training in other places and I have learned more about this industry then I ever have before. Well done to the sales team and also to Donna, really good at her job training us.
Pros
Brilliant place to be
Cons
0 up to now
Was never paid...at Christmas
BDM (Former Employee) –  North West22 July 2019
Worked here 5 weeks, saw no pay and paid for my own travel. Never returned in Jan and average 14 sales a week. Chased the money for months but was given the usual pass around.

Avoid.
Pros
Cons
Waste of time

Hi there,

Please get in touch by emailing HR@xlntelecom.co.uk, then we can investigate this matter properly.

Positive, fun environment
Customer service (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London26 June 2019
Can't comment on every department but I've enjoyed working in mine. Good management, genuine progression if you get your head down.

Pay slightly better than competitors, and a decent amount of shift flexibility. And lovely colleagues.
Pros
Bacon sandwiches!
Cons
Stressful somettimes

Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback. Glad XLN is working out well so far. We're growing at the moment so it can be stressful, but thanks for your hard work.

Amazing place to work!
Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London26 June 2019
Can't say anything bad about XLN, I have really enjoyed my time working here. Great teams, supportive management and great breakfast Fridays. I would definitely recommend working here. Such a great experience.

If you get the opportunity to work here, TAKE IT!
Pros
Free Breakfast and fruit

Hi there,

Thanks so much for the feedback! So glad you;re enjoying things so far.

All the best,

I wouldn't recommend
Agent (Former Employee) –  London19 June 2019
It changes department from department, but in my experience the company has been extremely hard to work with. I had to leave for the level of pressure and anxiety that day by day was growing within my environment. Management is not supportive as should be, they only know how to shout to team members without doing anything. Work-life balance doesn't exist as most of the time you have been asked to stay overtime and if you don't means that you are not working enough, even if you were at the office at 8.30 am when you should start at 9 am.
The situation has degenerated and I am happy to not go there anymore.
Pros
the people (team members)
Cons
long hours, no work-life balance

Thanks for your feedback.

Disappointed to hear that you had a difficult time with us, but we're grateful for your honesty. We're a sales business and at times it can be a fast-paced environment. That can sometimes mean pressure and long hours in return for big rewards, and that isn't for everyone.

However, we do strive to find a balance for all employees, and are dedicated to making sure employees always feel supported.

We'd really welcome any more specific feedback you could offer to help us learn and improve, so if you have time please get in touch at HR@xlntelecom.co.uk.

Best wishes for the future,

With over 10 years of exp, definitely the worst place I’ve worked
Field Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Vauxhall, Greater London12 June 2019
I have no idea how this place is still going, I did field sales for this place in which you travel to a different area every day (has to be way outside of London because the whole area has been covered 100000 times) you’re walking in to business that have no idea who you are. With my experience 8/10 customers that were with XLN were asking to complain and cancel with us. You pay at least 3x more I’m travel expenses for then the money they give you for travel. Also the whole team are just dodgey, don’t even get me started on the crazy childish management. AVOID!!!!!
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Expected to work sometimes until 9pm and weekends with no extra pay, everything is bad

Thanks for your feedback.

We hold very high standards at XLN, having helped more than 500,000 businesses since 2002 and with more than 400 employees. So a lot of what you're saying comes as a real surprise.

If possible, it would be great if you could get in touch with us at HR@xlntelecom.co.uk so we can discuss everything in detail. We'll handle it completely confidentially.

XLN

Not great but really not the worst
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield28 April 2019
A typical day at XLN would be taking a large amount of calls and helping people with their accounts and any queries they may have. You get two full weeks of classroom training and I will say it’s really good and does prepare you for FAQ’s and all the product info, etc. but it does not prepare you for when you’re out on the floor. The job is basically just complaints and having to hard sell to people who are already annoyed is never going to go well.
The pay is shocking and the hours are long - especially considering their competitors pay at least 2k per year more than they do.
You work 9 hours per day and have to work one Saturday morning per month (not too bad as you do get it back in the week). The environment is good, they offer ‘break rooms’ and free drinks and fruit and breakfast on certain mornings every week.
The management are amazing, really couldn’t fault them at all, always there to help and so lovely!
My main problem with XLN was I didn’t have any sales experience and even though it is meant to be an ‘account management’ role, it’s a lot of selling and you’re also targeted on every aspect of the job, even transferring calls to other departments!
In my personal opinion, the job is not worth it for the pittance you get paid!
I’d like to add that I didn’t feel there was much room for progression throughout the business, but there might be and I just wasn’t aware of it!
Pros
Free drinks machines, lovely management.
Cons
Long hours, little pay.
7 May 2019

Hi there,

Thanks for your review. Really appreciate the level of detail in your response which will be really helpful for prospective employees. Glad you thought the training and management was excellent - that's always great to hear.

As for your other points, we will certainly take them on board and investigate further. We benchmark all salaries with the industry and typically find we're well above the industry average - but it's something we have to constantly monitor. As for the selling issue, it's a very common feature of account management roles throughout the industry - although we definitely wouldn't describe it as a 'hard sell'. Ultimately, you're working with our existing customers, and offering services that may save them more money when relevant. But again, your points are welcome and useful, and will be sent directly to management as always.

We wish you the best of luck in the future - and thanks again.

Horrible people
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim10 April 2019
Xln expect people who have just started to be doing the same sales numbers as the people who have been at it for years . You go to an interview and they sell you this wonderful job and tell you how the sky is the limit when in reality they treat you like dirt . If you have a long-standing job don’t leave it to join this toxic company you will regret it and as others have said you might not have your job if you have 3 bad days . Sales is obviously number driven but to be threatened with your job after a week when you have zero experience in sales is just a joke
Pros
Cons
The company
16 April 2019

Hi there,

Thanks for your review, and sorry to hear about your negative experience.

We hate to hear that anyone has struggled with us, but unfortunately sales can sometimes be unforgiving. However, we work hard to provide great training, realistic targets and everything you need to succeed – and are focused on ensuring that everyone feels comfortable and confident in their role.

Nonetheless, we take any and every review very seriously, value your feedback, and strive to get to the bottom of every concern. So it would be hugely helpful if you could email me privately and confidentially at S.Zahid@telecom-service.co.uk. I’ll then try to look into exactly what happened.

Great environment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire2 April 2019
Amazing culture and great colleagues. I really enjoy my job and working with driven people, it's really exciting to see what the future holds for me and my team
Money-driven, poor services
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 April 2019
Not the most ideal company to work with if you desire a good work/life balance, The management do not care about employee welfare and are solely concerned with the metrics (reaching targets). Employee morale can be very low and that explains the high employee turnover and low retention rates
Pros
Less bureaucracy
Cons
Poor services
Work Hard. Play Hard.
Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 March 2019
Brilliant culture of hard work, recognition and reward. Great team, brilliant incentives, amazing office. They are also heavily invested in training, development and career progression.
Pros
Brilliant atmosphere
Cons
Hard work, but that's also a positive for me
Amazing environment - progressive company
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire21 March 2019
XLN has a great environment for people who want to progress quickly and earn good money - it's hard working and fast paced so is always really motivating!

There are regular incentives and I've got to go abroad at the expense of the company as well as received concert tickets for hard work. It's incredibly refreshing to have your efforts recognised - a really modern approach to management.

All the managers started from entry level roles and it shows as they really care about the teams and the development of people within them. Very few companies only promote from within but being in this environment shows that it creates a really great culture among employees.

I'm happy to be with XLN and can't wait to see what the future brings!
Pros
Career progression - never not working towards something
Friendly and Challenging
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 March 2019
If you want to come in and do a mind numbing 9-5 job where you're not challenged then this isn't the place for you. But if you want a fulfilling role and want to work in a place with a family feel then look no further!

Yes we have tough days, yes our sales channels are driven by targets, but we also know how to have fun, we're rewarded with great incentives and our OTE is one of the most competitive.
Interesting work for a dynamic company
Sales advisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London12 March 2019
XLN is a good place to develop, whatever you do. It's a big enough company that you have plenty of opportunity and security, but it's small enough that you can really make your mark.

It can be challenging, but it's never boring. There are easier ways to make money for sure, but this a place where you'll learn new skills and grow in confidence.

And above all, the people are great, in London and Sheffield. A nicer bunch of colleagues you will not find.
Pros
Great incentives
Cons
Stressful at times - but that's any sales-led business
Field Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire21 November 2018
Verification Agent (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 November 2018
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire22 October 2018
Worse place I’ve ever worked
Field Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff5 October 2018
I worked there for two weeks, you don’t get any actual training you sit in a classroom for 2 days learning the prices of products etc. Then chuck you out on the street to get sales.
After leaving your house at 7.30 you have to stay out till 19:30 if the team as a whole is not hitting their targets.
The mileage I was doing a day was ridiculous using like £20 a day on fuel which you can’t claim back. Also after finishing a long day they want a 30-60 min conference call then expect you to plan your route for the next day. Isn’t worth doing if you ask me.

So anyway I left sent them back their work phone, charger and leather booklet they give you, anyway they still deducted £300 from my pay. When I emailed to query it took them 2 days to get back to me in which they said they hadn’t received the package, however when I told them I had recorded delivery the next day I had email saying it had been accepted at front desk 🤔 think they was trying to pull a fast one. So now that was sorted I thought I’d get the money instantly instead they told me I had to wait 4 weeks till next pay day, then I got emailed saying it could be done immediately but there would be a 32% tax even though the p60 they sent me told me I didn’t pay any tax on the money.
That was 3 days ago I have neither received another response even though I’ve emailed them mutilple times, also rang up their Sheffield office to get human resource number, after getting it I’ve rang 6 times and no one answers don’t think anyone works their.

Would never recommend to anyone to get a job with these crooks.
Pros
You’ll need a new car after a few years
Cons
Long hours, not good pay, can’t claim fuel costs pack
12 March 2019

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately there are many aspects of your review that simply don't add up (we do, for example, cover travel expenses) - and I can't comment on the specifics as I'm not aware of your circumstances.

The best thing to do, if at all possible, is to call me on 0344 880 9000, completely confidentially. Then I can look into your issues and help you to resolve them. It is certainly not in our interests, as an employer of more than 400 people across the UK with well over 100,000 customers, to be 'pulling a fast one'.

I'd also add that sometimes, in sales, things just don't work out. That's because sales is hard - it's fast-paced, pressurised, and it isn't for everyone. There are easier jobs for sure. The rewards are big if it's right for you, but there's no shame when it doesn't work out.

All the best for the future,

Steve Pun - Head of Field Sales

Motivational
Field Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Westminster5 September 2018
If you enjoy Wolf of Wall Street, you will be motivated everyday to sell sell sell! It is difficult and they do put pressure but at the end of the day, sales requires resilience.
Pros
Free Coffees
11 March 2019

Thanks for your feedback.

I think Wolf of Wall Street is a bit of a stretch! But you're absolutely right, this is a fast-paced environment that suits resilience and those who respond well under pressure.

And as you say, that, in a nutshell, is sales. It's not for everyone - but for the right people, it can be very rewarding.

Thanks for working for us - and all the best for the future.

Steve Pun - Head of Field Sales

Neutral
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vauxhall, Greater London2 September 2018
Nice company to work with and gain some experience to start in Telecoms. Pay is not great inline with other companies in the market. Senior Management needs to focus on agents and communicate frequently.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Senior Management needs to focus on agents and communicate frequently.
11 March 2019

Hi there,

Thanks so much for your honest feedback.

We do benchmark our salaries and are confident that our pay rate is up there with the best in our industry. But equally, we've taken on board your thoughts and will review the pay in your team.

Similarly, we will take on board your other opinions, and really appreciate your view - it helps us to improve.

Shamilla

xln
Broadband Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire15 August 2018
its a easy going work enviroment magority of people are easy to get on with

most of the managers are great and easy to appoarch and get along with

the job itself isnt too stressful to say is in a call centre enviroment, depending on the job roll you enter is depent on training i personally feel that the training done for my roll is a learn while on job and if you dont already have knowledge on the field may struggle.
Pros
easy access, good managent
Cons
training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XLN Business Services. Our community is ready to answer.

XLN Business Services Reviews by Location