XLN Business Services

XLN Business Services Employee Reviews

United Kingdom77 reviews
From the initial interview and even the training I felt this was going to be the place for me.

My area manager seemed great at first, the department I was in was a male dominated department and this wasn't a problem until problems started to arise and clearly being vocal to the correct managers was not something they like or agree with. I'll keep it brief but the pay was pretty dull for what this department is made to do, with a slim pickings chance of commission.

By the end of the 6 months I couldn't wait to leave and not be apart of such a toxic department, this let my view of the company completely drop.
Pros
Breakfast Fridays, Pool Table, Playstation In Lunch Room
Cons
Management, Some colleagues and Pay
I've worked here just over a year, I've been in a couple of departments and what I've found is that management don't care about the agents at all.
They've even threatened is during the lockdown to state if we got furloughed we probably would never get hired again.
Worst working experience in my life, as team leaders and area sales managers are in field and hence senior staff in the two head offices can't watch them they think they are entitled to belittle and bull new field staff.
Senior staff and area sales managers constantly threatening you of being fired.

The basic salary is a joke, commission is unreachable as prospects are either using cheap providers or had a bad experience with XLN before.

CEO at the moment too arrogant to realize cost is an issue and hence why they are losing too many clients at the point of renewal.
The job wasn't worth the pay at all, £15,000 per year for 9 hour days. Most of the time you're being shouted at, being pushed to upsell to customers who you can tell don't want it, the days drag and some of the people in the office aren't very nice.
I cannot fault management at all, they were always friendly and gave you all the advice that you needed whenever you needed it.

The offices were really nice and you got free fruit on certain days of the week.
Pros
Management were okay, nice offices, free fruit and hot drinks.
Cons
Long hours, rubbish pay, the job isn't worth the pay at all.
Good place to work friendly staff fun benefits to the job, not to early mornings easy to access Sheffield city center a nice place to work if you want to excel
Job itself is good but sometimes is overwhelming. If you are low of heart then this job is not for you. The company offers rewards only to those that work hard.
If you are getting the job and you think that you are there as sand in a bottle then you are mistaking. They can offer more money for staff, but not posibille. Overall a good job if you know your priorities.
Very bossy money money incentives
Meeting in london once a month

Get treated like sh- - t

Very full of his self the boss

Sweet talks with money and prize incentives

Call centre is a joke lots of mistakes always made
As a sales manager i would never recommend this company to anyone, they sell this job on the culture, they will look after you if you do well, no support structure in place for under achieving Colleagues(they will just get rid of you) they tell you you will be prompted in months of been there (lie) long hours for rubbish money, the reason you have such a long probation period is because they will get rid of you as quick as the interview process takes which in my experience was 5 mins, if you have any type of disability they will judge and not employ you.

STAY CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY

Senior Management appalling
Ok beginner job, they lure you in with 'fun' people but stressful job and management are rude and self serving. Not very efficient and only look at the numbers.
Pros
Free breakfast every friday
Cons
Long hours, poor management and stressful
If you like meeting new people and can close a sale on the spot, this is the job for you. It's fast paced, travelling from town to town calling on high street retailers. It's a fun and exciting job but one hour conference call at the end of a long day is what put me off. Money is average and management are helpful.

Workbalance
Honestly, don’t even waste your time. Managers are garbage and I’m pretty sure within 6 months-1 year there will be no more XLN Pay. They sell you a massive dream in interview
Vile place to work!! Head manager has a stick up where the sun doesn’t shine and all the other managers hate her and so do all the other staff.
Do not go there
Low salary, long hours, lots of responsibility, high turnover, considered senior at a few months, difficult progression, lots of targets even within customer service, toxic environment.
13 November 2019
Hi there,

Thanks for providing feedback - we welcome all responses.

We're sorry to hear about your experience here. Would you be interested in discussing all this over the phone, completely confidentially?

Many of the points you raise are issues we are really passionate about, and that many XLNers actually praise us for. So it would be invaluable to us to hear your views in greater detail and to try to address them.

If you are willing to chat, please email us at HR@xlntelecom.co.uk and we can arrange a suitable time to talk.

Best wishes

XLN
Worked here 5 weeks, saw no pay and paid for my own travel. Never returned in Jan and average 14 sales a week. Chased the money for months but was given the usual pass around.

Avoid.
Pros
Cons
Waste of time
Hi there,

Please get in touch by emailing HR@xlntelecom.co.uk, then we can investigate this matter properly.

XLN
Can't comment on every department but I've enjoyed working in mine. Good management, genuine progression if you get your head down.

Pay slightly better than competitors, and a decent amount of shift flexibility. And lovely colleagues.
Pros
Bacon sandwiches!
Cons
Stressful somettimes
Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback. Glad XLN is working out well so far. We're growing at the moment so it can be stressful, but thanks for your hard work.

XLN
Can't say anything bad about XLN, I have really enjoyed my time working here. Great teams, supportive management and great breakfast Fridays. I would definitely recommend working here. Such a great experience.

If you get the opportunity to work here, TAKE IT!
Pros
Free Breakfast and fruit
Hi there,

Thanks so much for the feedback! So glad you;re enjoying things so far.

All the best,

XLN
It changes department from department, but in my experience the company has been extremely hard to work with. I had to leave for the level of pressure and anxiety that day by day was growing within my environment. Management is not supportive as should be, they only know how to shout to team members without doing anything. Work-life balance doesn't exist as most of the time you have been asked to stay overtime and if you don't means that you are not working enough, even if you were at the office at 8.30 am when you should start at 9 am.
The situation has degenerated and I am happy to not go there anymore.
Pros
the people (team members)
Cons
long hours, no work-life balance
Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback.

Disappointed to hear that you had a difficult time with us, but we're grateful for your honesty. We're a sales business and at times it can be a fast-paced environment. That can sometimes mean pressure and long hours in return for big rewards, and that isn't for everyone.

However, we do strive to find a balance for all employees, and are dedicated to making sure employees always feel supported.

We'd really welcome any more specific feedback you could offer to help us learn and improve, so if you have time please get in touch at HR@xlntelecom.co.uk.

Best wishes for the future,

XLN
I have no idea how this place is still going, I did field sales for this place in which you travel to a different area every day (has to be way outside of London because the whole area has been covered 100000 times) you’re walking in to business that have no idea who you are. With my experience 8/10 customers that were with XLN were asking to complain and cancel with us. You pay at least 3x more I’m travel expenses for then the money they give you for travel. Also the whole team are just dodgey, don’t even get me started on the crazy childish management. AVOID!!!!!
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Expected to work sometimes until 9pm and weekends with no extra pay, everything is bad
Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback.

We hold very high standards at XLN, having helped more than 500,000 businesses since 2002 and with more than 400 employees. So a lot of what you're saying comes as a real surprise.

If possible, it would be great if you could get in touch with us at HR@xlntelecom.co.uk so we can discuss everything in detail. We'll handle it completely confidentially.

XLN
In middle of training and boy is it intense but also really good. How xln as come up with this I don’t know. I have had 2 weeks training in other places and I have learned more about this industry then I ever have before. Well done to the sales team and also to Donna, really good at her job training us.
Pros
Brilliant place to be
Cons
0 up to now
A typical day at XLN would be taking a large amount of calls and helping people with their accounts and any queries they may have. You get two full weeks of classroom training and I will say it’s really good and does prepare you for FAQ’s and all the product info, etc. but it does not prepare you for when you’re out on the floor. The job is basically just complaints and having to hard sell to people who are already annoyed is never going to go well.
The pay is shocking and the hours are long - especially considering their competitors pay at least 2k per year more than they do.

You work 9 hours per day and have to work one Saturday morning per month (not too bad as you do get it back in the week). The environment is good, they offer ‘break rooms’ and free drinks and fruit and breakfast on certain mornings every week.

The management are amazing, really couldn’t fault them at all, always there to help and so lovely!

My main problem with XLN was I didn’t have any sales experience and even though it is meant to be an ‘account management’ role, it’s a lot of selling and you’re also targeted on every aspect of the job, even transferring calls to other departments!

In my personal opinion, the job is not worth it for the pittance you get paid!

I’d like to add that I didn’t feel there was much room for progression throughout the business, but there might be and I just wasn’t aware of it!
Pros
Free drinks machines, lovely management.
Cons
Long hours, little pay.
7 May 2019
Hi there,

Thanks for your review. Really appreciate the level of detail in your response which will be really helpful for prospective employees. Glad you thought the training and management was excellent - that's always great to hear.

As for your other points, we will certainly take them on board and investigate further. We benchmark all salaries with the industry and typically find we're well above the industry average - but it's something we have to constantly monitor. As for the selling issue, it's a very common feature of account management roles throughout the industry - although we definitely wouldn't describe it as a 'hard sell'. Ultimately, you're working with our existing customers, and offering services that may save them more money when relevant. But again, your points are welcome and useful, and will be sent directly to management as always.

We wish you the best of luck in the future - and thanks again.

XLN
Xln expect people who have just started to be doing the same sales numbers as the people who have been at it for years . You go to an interview and they sell you this wonderful job and tell you how the sky is the limit when in reality they treat you like dirt . If you have a long-standing job don’t leave it to join this toxic company you will regret it and as others have said you might not have your job if you have 3 bad days . Sales is obviously number driven but to be threatened with your job after a week when you have zero experience in sales is just a joke
Pros
Cons
The company
16 April 2019
Hi there,

Thanks for your review, and sorry to hear about your negative experience.

We hate to hear that anyone has struggled with us, but unfortunately sales can sometimes be unforgiving. However, we work hard to provide great training, realistic targets and everything you need to succeed – and are focused on ensuring that everyone feels comfortable and confident in their role.

Nonetheless, we take any and every review very seriously, value your feedback, and strive to get to the bottom of every concern. So it would be hugely helpful if you could email me privately and confidentially at S.Zahid@telecom-service.co.uk. I’ll then try to look into exactly what happened.

XLN
Ask a question about working or interviewing at XLN Business Services. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8