Xerox Employee Reviews

United Kingdom239 reviews
I found the people were great. Sometimes the decisions made by the upper echelon were questionable. i was unsure what direction the Company was taking and decided to take VR.
It was interesting and I was a proof reader reading french English and German documents it was a great place to work lots of concentration required good breaks really nice colleagues to work with Good Team work you need to be quite intelligent at the interview I was informed I would either be able to do the work or not but luckily I am a quick learner you had to have good reading skills spelling etc
Pros
Nice surroundings the office was well lit and a good environment to work in
Cons
Xerox is an old fashioned company with low salary, small benefits associated to the job and in general very political
Prob one of the best companies you could work for based on my experience.l was very successful made good money traveled the world met great people Learnt so much especially about people Sales,Marketing,Management etc
Xerox is a large corporate business which is going through a lot of change at the moment at a global level. It is a very good place to work but demanding in certain roles. Very corporate but for the right person this would be an excellent place to work.
A typical day is very busy but varied. Incidents can be fairly straight forward to brain wrenchingly difficult. A good knowledge of the printers is an absolute help especially when on a call with a 'stroppy' engineer. Need to be able to stay calm.
The job involved extracting the salient points from scanned forms and inputting to the company's bespoke database. Training was relatively easy and there was plenty of support afterwards.
Very well organised and friendly environment. Great for advancement. Easy to retrain, and moved to different area in UK. I would recommend working for Xerox!
It is an Ok work place depending on the team you work for. Make sure that you do some research and get to know the team and the role before accepting the job.
It was a great place to work until it moved operations and eveyone was laid off if the company moved back I would recommend working for them

Great personal experience with training
Very stressful and demanding. Young and immature supervisor created mocking and bullying atmosphere. Reported to HR but no action taken.
Struggled with anxiety after leaving.
I enjoyed my time with the company. The company provided for what was needed in a safe work environment. The management structure was a simplified one. I was moved from site to site with good packages.
Xerox has been a great place to work, however the company is a shadow of its former self, outsourcing most roles to cheaper resources, this has left the remaining staff overworked and lacking any clear direction, in a dying industry. My time here is done. No growth here and salaries are falling way behind the norm.
Don’t recommend
Bad pay

Bad management

No parking

No rewards to the employee

Don’t progress in the company only if you are friend of the managers
I have learned a lot from this company whether its technical or management side. Company gives me the opportunity to learn new technologies. Open culture.
No strictness regarding policies and poor handling of grievances and complaints which take them nearly two years to resolve and even then they can't manage to review, investigate and deal with the many lies and contradictions throughout which is alarming

Despite supposedly being so strict/zero tolerance on its policies as they make you take their nonsensical courses such as:

Business Code of Conduct

Diversity

Which given the amount of inappropriate and disgusting behaviour is clearly a waste of time and not worth the time or the effort to send out as most see these courses as an excuse to pass the time or to avoid actual work. In my view there should be a stricter approach to implementing these courses and a test should be taken to ensure people understand these clearly instead of seeing it as an excuse to pass the time.

The lack of honesty is also off putting you have people there that will sell you down the river and blame you for mistakes and errors whilst learning the different aspects of the role. The training that is also supposedly the same as what everyone else has or had which is a lie which relates to the Order Verification Process and Order Processing which is a lot more complicated due to the varying different scenarios and issues you will come across in their backdated and the out of date systems they use.

Other companies I have worked for have a far more simpler and up to date way of training with up to date systems and processes unlike here where they feel like they belong in the stone age. It also doesn't help when the training is inadequate
 - more...
good, fine, sharing knowledge, big company, a lot of training, have some cultures, managing clients is the hardest thing however get knowledge about team management within different cultures
The people who work within xerox on the sites have all been a pleasure to work for, the problems start higher up the food chain, we effectively lose money each year due to the ever changing living costs which xerox does not seem to take into account, in the past 13 years working for xerox, I personally have in total risen by £1.6k since I first started.

the other problem is that other firms are offering much more competitive wages for the current environment.
If that hadn't happened I would still be there now. I wont get the same pay outside of Xerox

It suited and to work at Xerox. Always changes so never seemed the same.
I have worked for Xerox a long time and have supported the business through a big period of change, restructuring, offshoring etc
I have encourage performance management and talent
Working at Xerox you are expected to work overtime for free until the job is complete, despite the work load being completely unrealistic and and despite being understaffed!