Wyndham Destinations Employee Reviews

Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  London3 October 2018
no staff training
no motivation
no work culture
poor management who only care about business
no uniform
no food on duty
no staff room
no feed back
this is the worse company i ever worked.they made staff like money making machine.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Poor Management
Restaurant Waiter (Former Employee) –  Coventry16 August 2018
Very flexible work, but not always sure when you going to work.
Indian restaurant, a lot of Indian staff at the hotel.
usually the people who staying at the hotel work in Coventry
Pros
free coffe
Cons
not sure when you going to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport7 February 2018
A typical ay at work is to clean customers rooms and refil theirs coffe pots and cleann cups, clean toilets and make beds.
i have learned how to make beds and hou to clean toilets.
I ud¡sed to have a¡a very good relation with all my managers because i used to be very fast in my job.
the hardest part of my job used to making the beds because i used to finished with backache and it used to be so bad for me.
The most enjoyable part of my job used to be when i finish doing my beds because i used to finihsh very tired.
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire19 January 2018
great company with great benefits and great fun excellent staff benefits, promotions learned a lot. but be prepared to work long hours ***************
days inn hotel
team member (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, Suffolk9 January 2018
i worked hard as team member to clean all the room cook breakfast, help with reception and many more other things.
i found the job very easy to get on with i communicated with people who worked there so i could get the jobs done
Many factors all the time
In House Marketing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  all over29 November 2017
Moving parts, days run together, enjoy training and mentoring, do not enjoy the hours and stress. after many years, I have worked in multiple resorts and held many positions. It's a challenge and fun as long is the money is there.
Nice company to work for
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wakefield14 November 2017
I would recommend this comp[any to work for as they appreciate the staff and look after the teams by incentivising and making sure all working environments are happy
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich21 October 2017
At Marriott I learnt how to work effectively and quickly on my feet. we also worked well as a team keeping customers happy. The journey to get to work was sometimes hard.
Enjoyed working
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Charnock10 September 2017
Enjoyed working at the company, learned new skills, me new people and made new friends, I enjoyed working at a fast pace, love hard work and like to keep busy at all times.
productive and fun workplace
Guest Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool3 September 2017
nice place to work , lovely team the salary is not enough this is why i want to look for another job and use my languages skills, (french and arabic).
Hotel was in a great location with nice staff
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Reading15 August 2017
Was a very popular busy hotel when I worked there at the time was called Ramada hotel. I mainly worked breakfast and lunches also did shifts in the hotels coffee shop. I worked as a waitress.
Pros
Free meals when on shift
Cons
Long hours at times.
work balance
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Barton Mills12 July 2017
is a very hard job looking after the hotel and people make sure the rooms are clean and keep height standards on time for customers is important to keep all colleagues involve at work create a good atmosphere.
we got lots of people different ages special advanced age and is hard challenge put them work with young people and together achieve the target and quality we need.
after work, we always have time to thank all for the hard work and offer chocolates to keep them happy and special.
Pros
budge company not lots time for break
Cons
they have to be quick
Not a good place to work
Hotel receptionist (Former Employee) –  Southampton3 July 2017
Not a goodles place to work at all. Poor and sometimes no training provided with very little leadership and a blame the bottom attitude. I would not like to work here again.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Poor job satisfaction
productive & well managed workplace
Full time job - Reception & general housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire27 June 2017
the office is always welcoming, the management is excellent with all areas of the workplace. everyone is treated equally throughout. The hardest part of the job is the amount of work on a day to day basis but everyone helps out in different areas and share the work loads and that is what makes the job enjoyable.
Pros
1 hour lunches - paid for & fridays 3pm finish
Cons
heavy workloads
its a motel
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Wetherby, UK4 May 2017
A motorway motel.It does what it says on the can .Guest dont expect to much,a clean room pleasant staff,and every bodys happy.managment will leave you be as long as you do a great job
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
low pay
friendly environment
Food and beverage supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wrexham23 April 2017
Friendly staff, good working environment. Busy rountine always a job to be done. Looking after restaurant, bar and in house guests. Good management always helping to promote.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Wetherby, UK15 February 2017
A typical day at work was to manage the front desk team, ensure all arrivals for the day that their reservations and requirements were met, to enure breakfast was run smoothly and all breakfast items were replenished, to check the day meeting room was set up correctly and all av equipment was set up properly and to meet and greet the customer on arrival and run through the evacuation plan if incase there was a fire. I checked the till float at the beginning of each shift and ensured all cash/payments balanced at the end of each shift to ensure the next shifts till float balanced and was ready to go. I learned to use Opera which was the system platform for running the hotel. I learned hot to manage a small team of receptionists and completed my NVQ level 2 Team Leading. I enjoyed the workplace culture as i was face to face with the guests at all times, i enjoyed interacting with all guests especially the ones checking in for Weddings & Festivals. The hardest part of the job at the time was having been promoted from a front desk agent to front desk manager, as the team was a lot to take in at the time as i had the responsibility of running the hotel when the general manager was not in - weekends mainly. I had the responsibility of each guest's safety and also my team, i felt a great sense of pride having this responsibility as it helped me develop into my role. I thoroughly enjoyed this role and the hotel.
Pros
Guest interaction, free breakfast
Cons
weekend work, didn't suit family life
Good Team
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Cannock14 February 2017
Handover from late team,count floats,check what conference business for the next day.Security walk of the entire complex.Check who to arrive & if any VIP`s.
Ensure banking balances run the audit-print department reports,set up for breakfast & assist on desk with any departures.
Productive Hard work but fun
Front of house Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Cannock19 October 2016
I enjoyed everyday working here! the staff, the company, the benefits... Loved it all.
I loved how me and my co-workers all worked together as a team and how the management treated us as equals. I enjoyed my training and I was fully trained for the job. I enjoyed replenishment duties.
exciting and stressful
Food and Beverage Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield11 October 2016
It can be very stressful but rewarding after finishing a shift, a typical shift involves setting up the event, helping the chefs move food around and then finally serving it to the customers.
Cons
few breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Destinations. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K