Wye Valley NHS Trust

Wye Valley NHS Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom14 reviews
Great for teamwork, professional support and collaborative working. Hours long but mainly due to project delivery, understandably. Great interaction with Stakeholders and clients alike.
worked within the health service for 10 years in different roles where I gained a lot of experience

within varied roles I learnt and attended different courses that helped me to do my job to the best of my ability
Outpatient Management don't care about staff, awful place to work. No work/life balance, you work 8-6, no choice, you never see outpatient manager on the floor when there are problems, but is quick to send emails or gets minions to do their dirty work, instead of face to face contact. No way to progress from band 2, you get run ragged as always short staffed. Constantly chasing notes and handing them to doctors who are always grumpy and take it out on you. Loading trollies with clinic notes and weighing patients. That's pretty much it, unless you take bloods then that's the only highlight
Pros
Cons
Everything!
I did my nvq 2 apprentiship with the trust however I found it extremely difficult with the trust I was being discriminated against from the management and colleagues constantly putting me down I passed my nvq but I will never work for this joke of a trust again they caused my depression to get worse now I’m working over at Worcestershire NHS so if you been in a similar position try them out avoid this trust
Pros
None that I can think of.
Cons
Long hours, poor management, get abused a lot
After working here for some time, this trust gives you some really good benefits and learning opportunities. Especially for those wanting to undertake further learning into Nursing and other healthcare roles. Typical day at work for a HCA involves assisting patients with all daily living activities, such as washing and dressing. I help at meal times to those who need extra help with eating their food, for example patients with severe learning disabilities or dementia. I assist patients with their mobility, for those who need extra assistance with walking frames and other mobility aids. I help with toileting, whether it is walking with a patient to the bathroom or assist in transferring them to a commode or bedpan. On many occasions during the day I am responsible for keeping the ward and patient bed areas clean and tidy. This involves making beds neatly and sterilising equipment regularly, such as beds, lockers, tables, etc., along with other equipment such as observation and ECG machines that may have been used. Throughout day and night shifts, I regularly have to perform observations on all patients; this includes taking blood pressure, temperature, recording respiration, oxygen levels, heart rate and blood sugar. I am also responsible for maintaining the best possible pressure area care for patients who are unable to move around independently. I am responsible for documenting all tasks that I perform throughout the day in patient’s notes and informing my colleagues about any matters I am concerned about or if I have any questions to ask.
The hardest part of the job, is
 - more...
Pros
team work
Cons
very busy work place, but generally good support from peers and management . good opportunities for further education and study. good opportunities for promotion.
Pros
team spirit
Cons
often short staffed
Good place to work and good pension scheme. Easy to work your way around the hispital if you choose to move department. Paid on same day every month so you always know where you stand .
Often short staffed but great colleagues to work with, good experience and opportunities to develope further in your roll, expect to be on your feet all day and invest in some good shoes!!
Great place to work once you are in and if your face fits. Some lovely people who work there. Management not always supportive or realistic about staffing and opportunities to cut costs.
Pros
people
Cons
Long service sadly ended in poor mental health.
Learned loads, had a passion for my craft.

Some supportive co-workers , some bullying.

Poor and good management.

Hardest part-risk of litigation.

Satisfying job.
Pros
Pension
Cons
unsociable hours.
Lavoro di team intenso, aiuto da parte dei colleghi
Gestione dell'azienda alquanto desiderabile.

Prima esperienza di lavoro all'estero
Have work for Hereford NHS trust as was, for many years and found them to be fair with staff who are prepared to work hard and who up hold the reputation of the trust and profession
The Whole Quality & Safety Team were a joy to work with. They made me feel welcome and a part of the team. Within the my time at the hospital I did varies of things, Such as Photo-copying,Filing,Printing, Producing documents and Entering Data onto spread sheets.
I have learnt to develop the skills and knowledge within therapy work, I most enjoy the patient developing independent skills. The hardest part of my job is motivating patients who do not wish to be independent.
Pros
nhs discount card
Cons
staffing levels