WSP Employee Reviews

Great team of people sometimes undermined by constant aquisitions and integrations.
Environmental Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manchester UK7 June 2018
My team was a hard working and outgoing. There was a tendency to bring in managers from outside as opposed to developing people internally, with junior staff often helping train these new managers on our internal systems.
Pros
Job security, young social team
Cons
Excessive travel, constant aquisitions and disorganised integrations
good place to work
Senior Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greater Manchester17 May 2018
this company is a great place to start your career with plenty of professional development opportunities
Flexible working environment
Graduate Engineer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London22 March 2018
Very flexible working environment, the salary is good, and you are evolved in very challenging projects. Managers are willing to talk you through the main projects.
Good times... Great shame
I.T Engineer (Current Employee) –  UK28 February 2018
Working at WSP has been Fun, Stressful at times, but rewarding.
I have worked with very knowledgeable people and learnt much, and in turn have taught others.
There are diverse systems and software supporting this business to deliver the many varied projects worked on globally.

The business seeks to ensure its people are mentored well and have a good work / life balance, but everyone works hard to deliver results when the pressure is on.

My own line management has been very good and supportive of career development, so I feel I flourished for most of my time in the business. Unfortunately the higher you look, the more you see its just a game of political positioning, which is where dubious decisions and delays occur.

Now the business has decided to Outsource all Technical I.T roles. This is particularly hard to take in the UK as we have a solid reputation with our user base in the UK and have a good reputation Globally for being the ones to set the standard in support and service, and system design /implementation.

Sad times.
Pros
Flexible/Smart Working practices
Cons
Outsourcing I.T
Bullied in my place of work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scotland22 November 2017
Worked in one of the Scottish offices and a manager took a dislike to me so his decision was to bully me in the hope I would leave, I didn't leave as there wasn't any other job to go to. His bulling eventually destroyed me.

I put a grievance in against this man and WSPs attitude was to side with him and make me redundant even though I had a pile of work on my desk.

Boys club full of bullies
Cons
Long hours, men who like to bully females
Good comapy to work for
Design Draughtsman (Former Employee) –  London15 November 2017
Small WSP team working in office with other companies for Station upgrade. Good support from co-workers but staff turnaround more than normal whilst there. Senior staff would make infrequent visits but generally helpful and informing.
Pros
Location good, company well respected in business
Cons
Communication could have been improved
Fun
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire8 September 2017
I worked part time, there have been a few issues with payments but this was during a transition from a take-over. i cant think of anything else to say
Nice office environment
Junior Technician (Current Employee) –  Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire7 August 2017
WSP has a nice office environment and it a nice small(ish) office.

It also has great opportunities to progress with sponsorship in many sectors in the construction and civil sectors
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Wages are a bit below average and little to no benefits at lower pay grades
Great
Graduate Landscape Architect (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow27 July 2017
Great, I have enjoyed my time with the firm a lot. Great first office experience I have learned a lot. Work/personal ratio was spot on. Highly recommend considering a career with WSP.
Worst place I have ever worked
Technician Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Hampshire25 July 2017
When you first join it's lovely. They treat you well and you really feel welcomed to the company. Staff and HR regularly checking in on how you are doing and trying to help you progress. A few months in and you're at the bottom. Everyone returns to being out for them selves. Throwing you under the bus when ever they can for their own personal gain. The managers give you no work and then blame you if you have even a few spare minutes in your day. I hated it and with no help, i honestly felt like they were trying to get me to leave so they didn't have to dismiss me.

If you're thinking of joining with the prospect of a pay rise think again. I and a few other employees I know of were promised pay rises every six months. I have been there years and can safely say i have never had one and every time it is brought up it is swept under the rug.

I would strongly advise NOT to work here. They will lure you in with promises and then kick you to the side.
Hard Working, Enjoyable, Flexable, Professional
Graduate Ecologist (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol18 July 2017
My task involved sample collection in the ecology department for the summer months. I have was required to get up early and spend weeks away from home, but I got to work with some really nice people in some amazing locations. The work is hard but you are well looked after. The only down side it the reluctance to make a graduate into a permanent member of staff. There is a slight culture of rolling three month contracts, with only 2 weeks notice of continuation. But it was really enjoyable and would love to go back
Pros
Company Card for Lunch on site
Cons
Long Hours and early and late starts
Good
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh30 March 2017
Good company to work for. plenty of work, I'm currently seconded to Bond Street in London. Plenty of opportunity to travel with them also. People are friendly and the company as a whole takes care of their employees.
A good place to work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hertford27 February 2017
I enjoyed working here, the work was varied and interesting. The working environment was great and my colleagues were helpful and friendly. There was plenty of training provided and many opportunities to develop.
Review
WISPA Manager (Current Employee) –  Bryanston30 November 2016
WSP is a good place to work.

They care for their staff and staff care for each other.

The offices are locate in the suburb of Bryanston.
Very good to work for very supportive
Site based health and safety manager (Current Employee) –  UK7 October 2016
Atypical day at work was very busy very varied work therefore a lot of new experience to learn the management of the position was supported the coworkers on site where very easy to work with
Tough but valuable for seeing what working life is like
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh10 July 2016
Spent one week working with WSP group in the office and out on the field which was important in understanding working life
Pros
learned a huge amount office life
Cons
days on the feild where tiring
Productive and also enjoyable
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, WLS11 November 2015
The time I spent during my placement in WSP group was not only a good insight into the engineering sector but also great fun. Whilst it was fun working there it was also very productive and efficiently run.
Mechanical Engineer
Consulting Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  London, UK24 July 2013
Global infrastructure company working on some exciting and high profile projects.
Great place to works!!
Client manager/Customer Services (Former Employee) –  London, ENG15 July 2013
When I first started at WSP I was nervous just like any normal person would be but the employees and management made me feel at home right away. Most days would be really busy where the inbound calls wouldn't stop so you'll have to fit in your offline work between calls very quickly. I picked up some great knowledge from WSP within facilities management, safety, health and environmental which will stay with me and hopefully become and asset in my next role.
Pros
Treat days where WSP would buy loads of savoury items, cakes and drinks and share.
Cons
No cons
I look for a effective approach to training providing administrative and co-ordinating support for employees
Learning & Development Administrator (Current Employee) –  Leeds23 November 2012
Answering email and telephone queries
Preparation for courses, managing invites, declines, updating system
Preparing and sending of evals and attendee lsit
Forum invites
Pre course work and all joining instructions
Room bookings and lunch
Admin support for graduates and Managment for training
Mangement of wating list and booking external training and negotiating price with trainer
Maintenace of Intranet L&D and University section
Production of reports
H&S Personal Track Safety card management, booking D&A, Medicals and two/three day courses
Invoice processing
Management of L&D Library, DVDs, Books
Updating Employees training records (external courses)
Pros
nice offices, easy access. work under my own initiative
Cons
long hours - working to two job descriptions