Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom5 reviews
Nhs - wwl
Great place to work however poor car parking facilities due to more staff than car parks a clear expense that is not necessary on a low income.

Very busy hospital with fantastic hard working staff.
Supportive and friendly place to work
One of the nicest places that I have ever worked, staff are very friendly and supportive, excellent training and someone always available to help you. I worked within therapy which includes physio and occupational therapy, I really enjoyed working with the patients, they were always really appreciative of the help we gave them. I loved physio but did not enjoy occupational therapy as much as it was slower paced but both teams are amazing and I would recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Great team spirit.
Cons
Not much parking unless you pay to use staff car park.
great surgery, awful manangement.
The truth is the staff overturn is above average as management treat staff like children, talking to them as though not equal. The turnover of staff is of no importance to managers whom have been groomed to behave in a way that will not be challenged by senior management. This used to be a wonderful workplace but has been allowed to go unchecked for at least 10 years, with no change in sight, promotions happen from within with middle management chosen for their particular behaviour which will be nurtured and nourished by seniors who as long as the lists are complete don't care who performs the job. This place is still the best orthopaedic hospital run on good will of good people despite their treatment.
Pros
fantastic orthpedics
Cons
disrespectful, uncaring poor manangement all groomed into their positions.
Professional, Friendly, Very Busy
Great place to work with lots of chances of promotion if that is what you want. Professional, Friendly, Very Busy & Hectic. Pay could be a lot better.
Challenging and rewarding
My role involves dealing with an array of different quality and performance aspects from inputting criteria for dashboard applications to speaking with clinicians around activity capture and also project managing system upgrades.
I have learned a lot in this role around business structure, quality methodologies, project management and system administration. I work in a team of 12 which demands that communication is very important and being able to deal with multiple personalities.

The hardest part of the job would be scoping out details for changes to a system or process as the brief can often be just a sentence and I need to provide a full accountable report. The most enjoyable aspect of the job is when I have completed/ improved a task successfully and it is recognised as such.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3