Play YouTube video button
Wren Kitchens

Wren Kitchens Pay & benefits reviews

United Kingdom1,313 reviews
Featured review
Wren Kitchens selected this as a representative review
I am now in to my 4th year at Wren Kitchens having joined in winter 2016.
During that time I have had the pleasure of seeing the company grow from what was already a multimillion pound company, into the 'best in class' market leading corperation it is today!

The thing that sets Wren aside from all else, is its people.
Yes the pay is great, yes there is a great bonus scheme and yes your working for one of the worlds fastest growing companies.

But the people who work here and help keep the engine ticking is what is truely unique. Everyone is there for each other always pushing one another to achive great things....Im a true example of that and Im always personally looking out for those who I can help achieve the same. Goals are a huge driving force and Wren give you all the tools you need to make them happen.

Great equipment with no expense spared, fantastic training facilities and

great perks throughout the year
29 January 2020
Hi there, thank you so much for leaving us this review!

We're happy to hear that you enjoy working with us and are making progress in your role.

We want to express our sincere gratitude for your many years as a loyalty!
Definate company to work for if you want to be part of a succeeding kitchen industry! Many hours required however the organisation rewards you greatly!
Pros
Income and changes
Cons
Long hours and High capacity required for knowledge and products of wren
Wren allowed you to be in control of your own salary. The commission scheme is excellent, and really allows you increase your earning potential.
The training is thorough, the best training I've ever had for previous company's and they really provide you with everything you need to succeed.
Pros
Commission, support, training
Cons
Can be very busy
You have your own allocated desk where you sit down customers to do a design for them. The work environment is in the middle of relaxed and strict but overall you are very independent in terms of managing your own customers and diary/calendar. The salary is good and the management are generally good. It is a sales driven workplace and you are required to meet targets.
Pros
Salary, Independence, Enjoyable
Cons
Job Security
Busy, admin heavy, sales, desiging using CAD software. Loads of support, good introduction to company as well as training. Management team friendly, supportive and results driven! Overall, life changing in terms of salary, covid-19 has turned into opportunity! Company is growing and expanding overseas.
Pros
Salary is amazing, tools, support and a company that listens.
Cons
Say good bye to weekends and bank holidays!
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

We are committed to constantly improving our working environment and it is feedback like this that helps us do just that!
Since starting my employment 6 weeks ago, I have had a very enjoyable start to my career with Wren Kitchens. My team members have been very welcoming and helpful. The support and relationship between the team and our supervisor is more then I could ask for.
Although it is Wren's priority to ensure business and customers are always looked after and jobs run smoothly, it is also a relaxed place to work.

The salary and bonus exceeded expectations with also the opportunity to always work earn more by working overtime.
I plan to stay with the company and build on my career.
Pros
Facilities, Salary, Friendly Staff
Cons
Slow System Setup
7 October 2020
Thanks for your comments and the 5 stars. I'm glad that you're enjoying your career so far!
Decent job but definitely a job where if your face fits then you get looked after. Not a job for life as you will never be doing it till you retire due to the lifting.
Pros
good pay.
Cons
Long hours and really heavy lifting.
My overall experience for the time of me being in the company has been excellent, the inital training was extensive and engaging, as long as you stick in you can earn a huge amount of comission. The company have a clear direction of how you can treat the customer well and doing the right thing
Pros
Commision
Cons
long hours (If wanting to make good money)
7 October 2020
Thanks for your lovely review.

We're happy to hear that you enjoy working with us and are making progress in your role!
If you want to work hard and be paid peanuts then this job role is for you But if you expect to work hard and be paid fairly then please DO NOT APPLY. This multi million pound company has reduced Survey Auditor / Serveyor pay so much its become a joke. Why are there so many of these roles it's because us surveyors have decided to leave because we have had on average have had our pay reduced by £800 per month. This company have gone from a company who paid there workers good money to a company that is just full of greed. You will be doing the hard work and get paid only average pay when the designer, mangers and of course the company get paid well. This company has forgotten it is where it is now because of the hard work we all put in. I'm not coming back to wrong kitchens again because we are not valued.
Pros
Nothing anymore
Cons
No respect for your hard work anymore
The showroom I worked for were incredible. Great management and team there.
The role itself was a great role and I really enjoyed the job. Being out and about meeting customers in a generally friendly manner.

The role was managed by people in Head Office, over 400 miles away, an administration team with no idea of how the role is done or how long journeys take to travel in remote areas. Any and all suggestions were ignored completely and every minute of your day was micromanaged. Showroom managers were also often ignored when they raised issues to the head office staff. For a company that’s “cash rich” they are morally bankrupt.
Pros
Got to drive around and see a lot of the country
Cons
Head office run everything and have no clue about how the roles they manage work in the real world.
For such a big company they offer such low pay for workers also skilled workers low pay. If you want a steady paying job as a worker go for it. As an actual Machinist leave this place alone its not for workers who want to enjoy their job just a number and no health and saftey inside the factory from covid 19 but outside they put kn a great show.
Pros
homtime comes quick
Cons
I’ve worked in many commission environments but this is the only one where they take money off you even after you sold the product, there is no work life balance you are expected to work as often as possible without the extra money and no matter how much work you put in managers will always have favourites and you will not be able to earn like they do as they get fed.
Pros
Cons
60* hours a week on a 30 hour contract, money can be taken from you with no reason given, if a customer is given something as a “good gesture” it’s not that you’re paying for it
Working at Wren was an interesting experience. The company is full of driven and confident individuals who expect the absolute maximum effort from you at all times. Working as an Information Advisor, your job is not secure at all and you are expected to hit targets that often seem beyond your reach although, if you excel at doing so, the incentives and rewards are second to none. An issue I took with Wren is we were shown distorted figures in the sense that "this is your earning potential" and shown thousands of pounds for a week's work. Contracted for 16 hours and being shown the work of another 16 hour a week employee who had done overtime to the tune of 8 hours every day for a week, we were told that we could do the same on 16 hours and the fact they'd worked overtime was omitted.
A good company to work for. Excellent product to sell. Fair prices. Good pay structure. The Exeter branch is well positioned with easy access from A30 with plentiful free parking.
16 April 2020
Thanks for your comments and the 4 stars. I'm glad that you're enjoying your career so far!

Thanks again for your comments and to help to spread your positive outlook to new starters yet to come
The most outstanding thing about wren is the unconditional support offered from all levels. E learning and webinars to support the growth and progression. I walk in to a friendly showroom welcomed with a smile and go for a coffee before starting on a new day which I have orginesed myself with the help of a great computer system. I have learned how to connect with retail customers and also with trade customers. The managment team is always on site to hlep and are friendly and approchable.

I find it hard to descirbe the hardest part of my job as I like a challange and thats what I love about the job always something new to learn.
Pros
People, atmosphere, training, management style, pay, benefits
Cons
The coronavirus has slowed things down but who hasn’t been effected?
23 March 2020
Hi there, thank you so much for leaving us this review!

We want to express our sincere gratitude for your many years as a loyalty!
Various departments within the factory, some friendly people, majority are Polish, very big factory, excellent cleanliness, work for you money, good benefits.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

It is a nice place to work there with nice people,good salary and I enjoyed all the time working there.it is a good place if you don’t have experience.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Just been told we have come first in best places by Indeed and its easy to see why. Great job advancement with relaxed managerial style really capulates the idea Wren are trying to push. Wonderful facilities at head office back by beautiful surroundings, you can't help but take a deep breathe when you walk onsite. Brilliant benefits and all round work life balance. Great job team!
Pros
job advancement, working life balance, security, management style and overall culture of the company
Cons
Nothing really springs to mind to be honest
16 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Wren really could be one of the best places to work for. Having read many reviews and testimonials, I had decided to make the jump. Having being contacted via a recruitment firm I was intrigued to see what Wren could offer.
Financial package offered far exceeded what I was on with loads of additional benefits. I was paying £45 month - yes that’s £500 a year on my home town gym it was nice to see I could also save that money by visiting the great gym provided on suite A centennial that catered for healthy eating which suites my life style. To be honest I’m actually loving life at Wren and finally enjoy going to work everyday
13 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I do feel that Wren as an employer is a great place to work for. There is a great team environment and senior management have ensured that there are added benefits to ensure you enjoy working for Wren.
10 March 2020
Thanks for your great review - please do share it with your colleagues, you'll make their day
the work is fun but you can ask for and money raise and nothing of it .. your supervisor always pushes the line and requires you to be constantly focused and be 24 hours at work ..
9 March 2020
Thanks for taking the time to write a review and for recommending Wren as a great place to work.

We appreciate your balanced view.