Play YouTube video button

Wren Kitchens Employee Reviews for Surveyor

Surveyor54 reviews
United Kingdom54 reviews
Featured review
Wren Kitchens selected this as a representative review
I am now in to my 4th year at Wren Kitchens having joined in winter 2016.
During that time I have had the pleasure of seeing the company grow from what was already a multimillion pound company, into the 'best in class' market leading corperation it is today!

The thing that sets Wren aside from all else, is its people. Yes the pay is great, yes there is a great bonus scheme and yes your working for one of the worlds fastest growing companies.

But the people who work here and help keep the engine ticking is what is truely unique. Everyone is there for each other always pushing one another to achive great things....Im a true example of that and Im always personally looking out for those who I can help achieve the same. Goals are a huge driving force and Wren give you all the tools you need to make them happen.

Great equipment with no expense spared, fantastic training facilities and

great perks throughout the year
29 January 2020
Hi there, thank you so much for leaving us this review!

We're happy to hear that you enjoy working with us and are making progress in your role.

We want to express our sincere gratitude for your many years as a loyalty!
The product is good but I didn’t get the freedom I was promised as a surveyor all my bookings were booked for me and was only given 15 minutes to drive to my next location regardless of the time it actually takes I was never allowed the full allocation of time for the survey the company says it takes during their training. I could of never Achieve the pay I was promised without doing a 11hr day
Pros
Nice customers and good product
This company only cares to pay the designers better pay then others. I've worked hard for this careless company. What us surveyors got was reduced pay with more workload. They will up designer commissions so company can become more greedy but cap surveyor commission when we do the hard part. The designers can't even do a surveyors job but they are the hero's
If you want to apply for a role at wren please apply for a designers role as all you need to do is pressure sale to the customer, in return you get good money. This company is for guys that are hungry for money as in return it makes the company more money

The product isn't as good as its made to be. The customer service at sale is a joke
Pros
Nothing anymore
Cons
Work for peanuts
The showroom I worked for were incredible. Great management and team there.
The role itself was a great role and I really enjoyed the job. Being out and about meeting customers in a generally friendly manner.

The role was managed by people in Head Office, over 400 miles away, an administration team with no idea of how the role is done or how long journeys take to travel in remote areas. Any and all suggestions were ignored completely and every minute of your day was micromanaged. Showroom managers were also often ignored when they raised issues to the head office staff. For a company that’s “cash rich” they are morally bankrupt.
Pros
Got to drive around and see a lot of the country
Cons
Head office run everything and have no clue about how the roles they manage work in the real world.
the best part was being able to bring peoples ideas and dreams to life through the power of design and knowledge. Very sales focused and if targets were not met then you were shown the door
Just been told we have come first in best places by Indeed and its easy to see why. Great job advancement with relaxed managerial style really capulates the idea Wren are trying to push. Wonderful facilities at head office back by beautiful surroundings, you can't help but take a deep breathe when you walk onsite. Brilliant benefits and all round work life balance. Great job team!
Pros
job advancement, working life balance, security, management style and overall culture of the company
Cons
Nothing really springs to mind to be honest
16 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

We are committed to constantly improving our working environment and it is feedback like this that helps us do just that!
Amazingn enviroment for the training acadamy. The tutors were excellent. Great team and super surportive with all aspects of the training. Managers were super helpful with all questions asked and guidence.
Super in depth training with trainers with you every step of the way. High tech software with ease of use and the process from initial interview to travel/accomodation has been outstanding.
16 March 2020
What a great review!

It's great to hear that you made the most of the training facilities and opportunities available to you.

Thanks again for your review and for recommending us as a great place to work
Wren really could be one of the best places to work for. Having read many reviews and testimonials, I had decided to make the jump. Having being contacted via a recruitment firm I was intrigued to see what Wren could offer.
Financial package offered far exceeded what I was on with loads of additional benefits. I was paying £45 month - yes that’s £500 a year on my home town gym it was nice to see I could also save that money by visiting the great gym provided on suite A centennial that catered for healthy eating which suites my life style. To be honest I’m actually loving life at Wren and finally enjoy going to work everyday
13 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

This place is fantastic - in all aspects!
Food, people, training, facilities.

The best part about working for Wren is the colaborative & supportive environment that exists. Work can be fast-paced and challenging some days but managers & colleagues are very supportive.

The kitchen designer academy is second to none, includng a full two weeks at head office with some of the best trainers I have ever come accross.

There appear to be plenty of progression opportunities as the business grows at a rapid pace. There are lots of examples of this within senior management.

Overall, I recieved a very warm welcome from Wren, and the facilities such as a free onsite gym, canteen, and general building facilities are fantastic.
10 March 2020
Thanks for taking the time to write a review and for recommending Wren as a great place to work.

We appreciate your balanced view.
I worked as a fitter for over 8 years before joining the surveyors team. Why o didn’t do it sooner god only knows! I love it, the great team building, hard but fair work ethos topped by a brilliant manager who let’s you just do your job. Brilliant overall brilliant perks and on site treats such as gym and 2 amazing canteens. Really friendly atmosphere. Just a brilliant brilliant place
5 March 2020
Thanks for your lovely review.

We pride ourselves on being a company who cares for our people, so great to read that you felt supported and valued in your job.
i have just started at wren and my first impressions were great. i was extremely impressed by the compsny itself and what it has acheived already. the staff are extremely helpfull and polite.
2 March 2020
Thanks for your great review - please do share it with your colleagues, you'll make their day
Wren is a truly amazing place to work, we are more than just work colleges, we are a family. I have Been here nearly 5 years and I fully enjoyed building and developing management skills as well and helping a training new colleagues. Being at the front line of the business going into customers homes and delivering a high quality service.

The onsite facilities at the nest really are second to none with excellent workalike balance all fabulous additional perks. Brilliant food cooked daily by the wonderful canteen ladies, and to top it all off a state of the art gym! no reason to leave!!!
25 February 2020
Hi there, thank you so much for leaving us this review!

We want to express our sincere gratitude for your many years as a loyalty!
It's a fun environment to work, it gets quite busy at times so work/life does get affected at times when we get towards the end of certain times of the year, but no two days are the same. Working out on the road quite a bit means that your workload can vary from one or two measures in a day to (my personal record) 8.

If you show flexibility towards your working pattern they show the same flexibility back. As a design surveyor you are provided with all the tools you need to carry out your job effectively, including a business vehicle
27 January 2020
It sounds like all is going well in Enfield - great to read!

Thanks for sharing your positive view on working at Wren. It's good to have you onboard!
The turn over of staff at Wren speaks for itself.
This culture at Wren harks back to the double glazing salesmen of the 1980s, Sell, Sell, Sell !

The pressure is relentless, the wages/commission never turns out to be what they promise. They lie to customers, telling them anything to make a sale, and you have to deal with the fallout!
Pros
None.
Cons
It’s simply horrible.
21 January 2020
Thanks for your comments, sorry to hear that you haven't had the best of experiences.

We're aware that we can to do more to support and train our team and are working effortlessly to ensure both our employees and customers, all have the best journeys possible!

We'll be sure to share your comments with the relevant regional management team.
If your are driven to succeed Wren is for you. Very good place to work especially if you like money. Training is top class, Wren invests in there employees!!
14 January 2020
I've hear many times that one of Wrens best features, is our state of the art training academy and It's people like you who make it that way - so thank you!

It's a great feeling to read the aknowlagement of how dedicated we are, in helping all level of employees progress within the company.

Thanks for taking the time to write this.
Look forward to a long career here, the atmosphere is good, the product is amazing, staff are friendly and there is plenty of scope for improvement......
27 January 2020
Great to hear such a positive review and thanks for the 5 stars!
It's a very good and very pleasant job,my role normally deals with customers in their own home,the store management are excellent and very accommodating and get the best out of their staff as for managers higher up the ones that I have dealt with directly or indirectly have no people skills and live in a bullying culture,we have yet to meet our surveyor manager who took over the role early part of 2019 as I said our local managers are brilliant and speak high enough about them
I was promised 37k and turned down a higher paid job as this seemed a good option. Mistake. You get minimum wage and bonuses. You work well over your 40 hour week with no overtime . The paperwork was ridicules.
Been with the company 2 years.
Good place to work everyone works as a team.

Management work with you if you have any issues.

Best job I've had in my working career to date.
Pros
work van supplied, fuel card, laptop, phone and laser measure. Good management team
Cons
Driving long distances, not enough travel time between measures. No lunch breaks during busy periods.
An excellent, welcoming, friendly place to work. Flexible hours, holidays and good benefits. The training is well structured, intuitive, tailored. Management are great leaders. They are encouraging, positive and teach that same open mindframe to their teams.
It's been an incredible experience. Many skills, aspects of my life have improved during this time with the company.

Most difficult: customers, as they can be unpredictable and can waste your time.

Most enjoyable: being part of a kitchen plan process from inception to completion, one of many, rewarding parts of the job.

The driving, visiting a variety of property, kitchens, places.
Pros
The people, work environment, training, showrooms
Cons
Extra hours, low skill cap, can be repetitive