Play YouTube video button

Wren Kitchens Employee Reviews for Designer

Designer99 reviews
United Kingdom99 reviews
Featured review
Wren Kitchens selected this as a representative review
I am now in to my 4th year at Wren Kitchens having joined in winter 2016.
During that time I have had the pleasure of seeing the company grow from what was already a multimillion pound company, into the 'best in class' market leading corperation it is today!

The thing that sets Wren aside from all else, is its people. Yes the pay is great, yes there is a great bonus scheme and yes your working for one of the worlds fastest growing companies.

But the people who work here and help keep the engine ticking is what is truely unique. Everyone is there for each other always pushing one another to achive great things....Im a true example of that and Im always personally looking out for those who I can help achieve the same. Goals are a huge driving force and Wren give you all the tools you need to make them happen.

Great equipment with no expense spared, fantastic training facilities and

great perks throughout the year
29 January 2020
Hi there, thank you so much for leaving us this review!

We're happy to hear that you enjoy working with us and are making progress in your role.

We want to express our sincere gratitude for your many years as a loyalty!
Training is hard but fun, the showrooms are great and collegues form a good team. rewarded for hard work, the workstations are clean and look professional
You meet a diverse set of people. The company take care of you. Amazing career opportunities.
Excellent management and training team.

A lot of opportunity for personal and professional growth.
7 October 2020
Hi there, thank you so much for leaving this review!

Wren is a warm and friendly company to work for. I have learnt so much begging my career at wren, i have learnt how to design and sell a kitchen, how to deal with different types of customers and how to progress in my career too.
Pros
commision
Cons
In short, a company that will back you into a False sense of security, tell you that everyone is equal and invested in but in actual fact when things get tough for a billion pound company, morals crumble. This company is simply a political show of how they’ve now damaged that “false” reputation. Shame.
Shocking, would not advise to work for this company.
Terrible, people are overworked and undervalued.

Appalling, management is untrained and don't respect staff.
Showrooms are nice but some kitchens have not stood up to the test of time and if customers look too closely they will see the poor quality of the units. Very poor senior managements and total lack of comms from HR in times of crisis. The pay is very poor and 2 years probation sets the scene for how the company treats staff.
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT THE BOTTOM LINE. No matter what you do it's never enough. Web leads get given only to the top sellers in the store. You are constantly told lies to keep you quiet.
I was one of the hundreds of employees sacked due to covid-19 crisis. On the Tuesday after lockdown we were told to go in. So I did, this was because in the days before we were left in the dark, especially about our job security. We were told our targets were to be lowered and our commission was to be doubled ‘as a gesture of good will’. I had previously been signed off for stress as our showroom had lost its manager and there was very little support from head office. Due to this my grading had dropped as I hadn’t been at work. I tried for the week and a half I was back before the lockdown to stop cancellations and support our customers to the best of my ability which was never recognised. To top this all off, there were MULTIPLE gdpr breaches that were brushed under the carpet and hidden by our regional director because heaven forbid we lose our top designer. Oh and if you’re going for an IA job, don’t bother, you’ll have leads taken off you, no support and will most likely be screamed at on the shop floor by the top designer.
Pros
Most showrooms are half decent
Cons
No support, they do not care about their staff
The most outstanding thing about wren is the unconditional support offered from all levels. E learning and webinars to support the growth and progression. I walk in to a friendly showroom welcomed with a smile and go for a coffee before starting on a new day which I have orginesed myself with the help of a great computer system. I have learned how to connect with retail customers and also with trade customers. The managment team is always on site to hlep and are friendly and approchable.

I find it hard to descirbe the hardest part of my job as I like a challange and thats what I love about the job always something new to learn.
Pros
People, atmosphere, training, management style, pay, benefits
Cons
The coronavirus has slowed things down but who hasn’t been effected?
23 March 2020
Hi there, thank you so much for leaving us this review!

We want to express our sincere gratitude for your many years as a loyalty!
just started at wren and the trening is very good .wern look after there staff very well and im looking foword to going back in to store to start designing kitchens
11 March 2020
Thanks for your lovely review.

We pride ourselves on being a company who cares for our people, so great to read that you felt supported and valued in your job.
Wren Kitchens is an amazing supprotive place to work. No other company i have worked for prides itself so much on supporting its collegues and providing outstanding customer service by putting their customers at the heart of what they do. Although the job is challenging there is always someone on hand to help from managers at showrooms to other staff members at HR which are available via email or phone call. The training process for Wren is state of the art. I came from having no kitchen background experience what so ever following one week of training i feel im confident enough to go back to my showroom and begin my journey to the top. Wren invest millions on their training faclities and it was amazing to see the back end of the busniess with a factory tour and having the privilege to visit their state of the art facilities in yorkshire working under the same roof as the CEO! How many busniesses do you know invest so much into their employees and provide you with the opportunity to see the infastructure behind the initial face of the company?

Overall so far phenomenal help and support and i truly feel proud to be a Wren kitchens employee.
9 March 2020
Thanks for taking the time to write us a review and for giving your experience with us so far.

Keep up the great work!
although at the moment i am still in the training progress everything has been amazing so far.
the training team at the nest are amazing people and deserve a massive well done and noticable gratitude.

although im guessing on the comission pay, i have heard that it is great if you work hard, so i advise you to do so.

The basic pay is low, and feel it should be more.

all-in-all, AMAZING COMPANY TO WORK FOR. Your colleagues cant help you enough
9 March 2020
Thanks for your review, and the 5 stars!

We'll be sure to share your comments with the team at Bristol Cribbs.
the salary is standard but its also all commission based so if you make no commission good luck paying rent, the maanger however will make you want to quit, apart from being arrogant and sexist, will treat you like the dirt under their shoe, if you want to be a designer say goodbye to your life outside of work because it becomes none existent
Pros
commission of 2.9% if youre a designer or £50 if youre an IA
Cons
arrogant managers, long hours for a designer, no social life, will be fired on the spot if you do something wrong even if its tiny
21 February 2020
Thanks for your review.

Overtime is a contentious issue as some colleagues feel there's not enough of it, and other feel there's too much.

We'll share your feedback with the relevant regional manager and ask they discuss the options avaiable in your team.
Not an easy job for making friends and enjoying, more a fast paced high pressure sales role.

Management will monitor every detail, any mistakes come out of your wages and the bonus system went down each year.
10 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about working in our Ipswich Showroom.

hopefully you were able to discuss your concerns with your line manager before leaving the role.

We are committed to constantly improving our working environment and it is feedback like this that helps us do just that!
Very good place to work. Pay is standard however the more you sell the more you will get, so you get to write your own success. Great company with a positive structure
6 February 2020
It's great to read that you're enjoying your time with the team at Gateshead: we'll be sure to share this glowing report with the management team there.

Thanks again for the review!
working for wren has got to be ones of the best careers ive had so far. its challenging while keeping you on your toes. its fun and exciting! while still feeling relaxed.
6 February 2020
Thanks for your lovely comments about our Rotherham Showroom - we'll be sure to share them with the store manager. Keep up the positivity - it's great to read!
This is one of the best sales environments to work in, as the team ethic is second to none. The team will always support you. Its nice to be part of a great british success story which also gives you some job security.
Expect a constant pressure though, as there will be in any big ticket operation. The weekends / evenings / bank holidays are expected so the worklife balance is poor. Retail like this will always be challenging but if you get it right you will earn a decent wage.
31 January 2020
Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience at Wren.

It's great to read how you are enjoying your current role and feeling valued in your position. Having a great support network and a great bunch of collegues really does help!

We hope this continues in your journey here with us!
Great company with great helping team and great managment support and very enjoyable place to be in with great people with work with.

Greatfull to be part of Wren
8 January 2020
We're so glad to here you're happy working at Wren Kitchens.
You couldn't be more right when you say our people are amazing. We agree!

We're lucky to have found so many outstanding performers who are also fun to be around.

Thanks also for your comments on our employee support network. Lately we've been putting more emphasis than ever on recognition, to ensure all employees are seen for who they are, trusted, and feel like they can contribute to the overal team in a positive way.
If you work hard you will see the rewards. Great incentive to work hard and very rewarding when you do. Overall a great company to work for. As long as you are hard working and committed to the role. Not the easiest job and has it's stressful moments but can also be amazing too, all helped when you have a great team in your showroom with you. I would recommend the job to anyone who isn't afraid of hard work and looking to earn amazing money.
8 January 2020
Thanks for the great comments about the Management team in Solihull, they work very diligently and it will provide them with great encouragement to keep doing what they are doing!

Thank you, once again, for your kind words.
Minimal basic salary - could be higher. So it is all about commission - great sales process in place - do the job well and get rewarded. very body is helpful and wants to do well. Great product so easy to sell!
9 January 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your prestiged opinion on working at Wren and particularly the team at Acton.

We take pride in giving outstanding training to every employee and we're overjoyed to recieve your compliments and appreciation at the team ethics on display.