Play YouTube video button

Wren Kitchens Employee Reviews for Compliance Officer

Compliance Officer42 reviews
United Kingdom42 reviews
Featured review
Wren Kitchens selected this as a representative review
I am now in to my 4th year at Wren Kitchens having joined in winter 2016.
During that time I have had the pleasure of seeing the company grow from what was already a multimillion pound company, into the 'best in class' market leading corperation it is today!

The thing that sets Wren aside from all else, is its people. Yes the pay is great, yes there is a great bonus scheme and yes your working for one of the worlds fastest growing companies.

But the people who work here and help keep the engine ticking is what is truely unique. Everyone is there for each other always pushing one another to achive great things....Im a true example of that and Im always personally looking out for those who I can help achieve the same. Goals are a huge driving force and Wren give you all the tools you need to make them happen.

Great equipment with no expense spared, fantastic training facilities and

great perks throughout the year
29 January 2020
Hi there, thank you so much for leaving us this review!

We're happy to hear that you enjoy working with us and are making progress in your role.

We want to express our sincere gratitude for your many years as a loyalty!
The training given is very in depth and covers all aspects of the job for the designer. The training whist at the nest is informative and well delivered.
11 March 2020
Thanks for taking the time to write us a review and for giving your experience with us so far.

Keep up the great work!
having had experience working for other kitchen companies this is a very well orchistrated role, there are lapses in organization as there is in any company but the training given and the team you work with are wonderful. you need to know a lot of stuff, and people do expect you to just know it but if you can manage that it is a very rewarding role.
Pros
well located, large team
Cons
a lot of information to know
11 March 2020
Thanks for your lovely review about your colleagues in Barton, and for the 5 stars.

Welcome to the family!
I am a relatively new starter with the company only having been here about 2 months.

Overall my experience has been great from the interview process to the start of training. You recieve plenty of support from your managers and the training team at Wren.
10 February 2020
Thanks for your comments, It's good to read that you found Wren to be a rewarding place to work.

We do our best to offer the best training facilities in the business and it seems as though were doing just that!

We wish you all the best for your future career with us.
Approached via indeed, job offered and accepted. From day one I could see the description at interview was a lot more colourful than reality. Less than one week into training , summoned to HR and told probation was terminated with no explanation what so ever! Very disappointing unprofessional experience.
Pros
Nice canteen, ample parking
Cons
Communication, breaks away from desk, work life balance
Wren offer great rewards for hardworking individuals, who want to earn good pay packets. You just need to follow the processes and the Wren way, and you will earn very good money. Progress is another advantage. The job can be very stressful if you are not good at handling stress it is not for you
I work from the showroom and offer support to the designers and management team.
The workplace culture is positive and promotes professional and personal satisfaction.

Everyone is driven and motivated with good team spirit which contributes to a pleasant work environment.
Pros
Fixed salary
Cons
Long Hours
Great place to work very open and fresh. working with Professional and ambitious people
Lots of opportunity for anyone who wants to work with a forward-looking company where your ideas will be listened to.

Excellent training and communication throughout the company.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Work can get quite repetitive.
A Company that is growing and offers many opportunities
Puts the customer first

A good bonus scheme which rewards the hard work you put in.

Competative salaries.

My current role is Mon-Fri. So you get weekends and BH's off

The training culture within the company is excellent with an excellent training Academy at H/Office.

The culture is one of success and celebrating/rewarding success.
Pros
Great opportunities and good bonuses can be attained
Cons
Long hours especially after Christmas
As a compliance officer you have a great worklife balance and can impact the comapny through feedback on planner and product developments.

Seeing new and experienced designers improve through your feedback on plans is very rewarding
Pros
opinion feels valued throughout the company
Cons
long drive to HO from my showroom, but only once every 2-3 months
If you work hard you have a good future with the company. They invest in their staff accross the board and constantly keep that training going.
They have people specializing in different areas so there are not lots of people who do a bit of this and a bit of that. Which makes for a solid company.
Pros
Nice Enviroment to work in
Cons
Can be stressfull at times
No two days are the same, you can expect very busy days and sometimes longer hours than the standard day, but plenty of job satisfaction, knowing you are making a difference to our customers and improving staff performance
Pros
Job satisfaction, good staff interaction
Cons
plenty of interuptions
Great place to work. Everyone is happy to help and works as part of a team. Nothing is to much troube in the showroom. Lots of experience for all needs
Pros
Flexability
Cons
I've been working at Wren for over 2 years. During this time there have been a lot of changes and improvements. Wren is constantly changing and improving for the better.
Pros
Salary, innovation
Great training scheme. Constant learning throughout role. Role can be quite demanding depending on workload etc but it can also be very rewarding. Great team of people both in showroom and head office.
Pros
Great place to work, great people, prospects and good salary/ bonus
Cons
can be demanding with workload
Coming into my 4th year with Wren and my 3rd job role this is still a relatively new role but one that offers brilliant work life balance, The management are brilliant and leave you to get on with your day but are available if needed.

I've been able to grow into an entirely new role within a short amount of time due to the training that is available in the company it really is impressive when you see how everything comes together.
Pros
Work life balance, Training
8th year with the company, found the one that suits best as compliance officer
excellent company to work for with ample opportunities for progression

The current role gives ample work life balance as it is mon to fri 9 til 6

Hardest part of the role is guiding designers to make the recommended changes to plans

Most enjoybale part of the role is seeing the improvement to store plan standards and plan quality since the role was introduced

All the managers i have worked with have been very supportive and driven
Pros
opportunity to earn great salary, wide variety of jobs, career progressions
I have been working for wren since Oct 2016, since joining as a designer I have progressed into a new role.

A typical day would include checking plans, training showroom colleagues and inputting data ready to be collated for high level meetings.

If you're ready to input your valuable ideas and work hard then this is the company for you. You are rewarded for your efforts both financially and with progession opportunities.

You are always listened to as an employee and all ideas are shared throughout the company to ensure a high standard of not only employee engagement but also customer experience.

We're the UKs No1 Kitchen manufacturer, there is lots to be done but the support is there for you to be effective in your role.

Come and join us! We're growing rapidly and it is a very exciting time to be part of something special.
Pros
Family Environment, All ideas taken on board, Rewarding.
Cons
Product & Process change frequency - be on the ball if you want to stay up to date. (However, all changes are for staff & customers benefit)
I have been with Wren kitchens since February as a compliance officer after working for most of the national kitchen outfits during my kitchen career most recently as a manager for Howdens Joinery.

The firdst thing to amaze me was the commitment to get things right for the customer before kitchens are delivered, this was the reason for the compliance office role. Te management are dedicated to putting the customer first and this goes all the way to the top of the management structure.
Pros
work life balance good
Cons
can be stressful at busy times
I feel Wren has a family feel to a natoinal company and it works. I love coming to work and I enjoy being here. The training and backup you get from management is second to none. The best part is knowing you are selling and supplying I really good product and seeing the faces of the customers when the job is finished. They are so happy with the service and product.
Pros
Well looked after and renumeration is good too
Cons
Can be hectic at times but some like that.
Having been at Wren 3 years I have seen many amazing changes and advancements within this time. From training at the nest, to working with an amazing team, Wren is a fantastic place to work. Always a great atmosphere and amazing showrooms make designing kitchens a dream to do. A typical day for me is checking kitchen plans, phone calls and emails which can be demanding but very rewarding knowing you are helping a customer have a fantastic journey with their new kitchen. Also helping with new starters and doing training etc brings a fun aspect to the role I do too.
Pros
lots of career progression
Cons
long commute