Play YouTube video button

Wren Kitchens Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,260 reviews
Found 1,260 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Wren Kitchens selected this as a representative review
The people
I am now in to my 4th year at Wren Kitchens having joined in winter 2016.
During that time I have had the pleasure of seeing the company grow from what was already a multimillion pound company, into the 'best in class' market leading corperation it is today!

The thing that sets Wren aside from all else, is its people. Yes the pay is great, yes there is a great bonus scheme and yes your working for one of the worlds fastest growing companies.

But the people who work here and help keep the engine ticking is what is truely unique. Everyone is there for each other always pushing one another to achive great things....Im a true example of that and Im always personally looking out for those who I can help achieve the same. Goals are a huge driving force and Wren give you all the tools you need to make them happen.

Great equipment with no expense spared, fantastic training facilities and

great perks throughout the year
29 January 2020
Hi there, thank you so much for leaving us this review!

We're happy to hear that you enjoy working with us and are making progress in your role.

We want to express our sincere gratitude for your many years as a loyalty!
Do not work here
Absolutely disgraceful. Making people redundant without notice and sacking people whilst on furlough. Been at Wren 5 years and that means nothing whilst all the management keep their cushty jobs with high salaries.
Challenging but rewarding
Enjoyed my time Wren. Would recommend if your looking to have a career and some good money can be made if you keep your head down. Plenty of opportunities.
This workplace wants your life
The head office environment of this place is shocking. Either you conform to act like another brick in the wall, or your slowly pushed out via scheming ways. The management will work to devise a way to shunt you out the doors. If you do not choose to believe in the “wren family” All of a sudden you will find what is right for others is wrong for you, you are taken aside at the end of you shift. Job security and this place don’t go in hand, at all.
Pressured but fun
Working at Wren was both fun and stressful, although stress is expected in a sales environment. The workplace culture was sink or swim . The most enjoyable part of the job was the face to face interaction with the customers.
The worst place I have ever worked
I’ve worked in many commission environments but this is the only one where they take money off you even after you sold the product, there is no work life balance you are expected to work as often as possible without the extra money and no matter how much work you put in managers will always have favourites and you will not be able to earn like they do as they get fed.
Pros
Cons
60* hours a week on a 30 hour contract, money can be taken from you with no reason given, if a customer is given something as a “good gesture” it’s not that you’re paying for it
Employees treated bad / hostile atmosphere / covid 19 measure not conducted quick enough
temp job contract wasn’t even there a month which isn’t long at all . covid 19 measures were not acted on quick enough . Felt hostile atmosphere between employer and employee
Not happy
I was employed for approx 6months and was always stressed as a driver and was dismissed for my first real offence when I accidentally left a item at the wrong address, yet I was with a driver who fell asleep at the wheel whilst driving and he kept his job, you go on a 2 year probation from start so have no where to go in terms of help If dismissed you feel unfairly, as a driver you are under pressure all the time, I dont reccomend anyone to go and work for them you are just a number
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Wren Kitchens?
Avoid
If you want to be just a number go for it. The main problem is the top management and as they are very fond of saying on training 'water flows down-hill', as does something else, which completely outweighs the water.
An interesting job
Working at Wren was an interesting experience. The company is full of driven and confident individuals who expect the absolute maximum effort from you at all times. Working as an Information Advisor, your job is not secure at all and you are expected to hit targets that often seem beyond your reach although, if you excel at doing so, the incentives and rewards are second to none. An issue I took with Wren is we were shown distorted figures in the sense that "this is your earning potential" and shown thousands of pounds for a week's work. Contracted for 16 hours and being shown the work of another 16 hour a week employee who had done overtime to the tune of 8 hours every day for a week, we were told that we could do the same on 16 hours and the fact they'd worked overtime was omitted.
Horrible and Stressful
Shocking, would not advise to work for this company.
Terrible, people are overworked and undervalued.

Appalling, management is untrained and don't respect staff.
Disgusting
I have not been working long at wren kitchens.. and I think the level of management is terrible. They dont look after their staff.. and especially due to this covid19 we have still been asked to work delivering kitchens into peoples homes. They aren't adhering to government guidelines of social distancing. I feel like we need to close until further notice and be paid the 80% of our wage
16 April 2020
Thanks for your review, it sounds like you're having a hard time at the moment so I urge you to discuss your worries with your line manager.

There are many customer who are in the middle of a kitchen installation without running water or clean surfaces to eat from. Its essential we provide those in need with the tools to maintain a healthy living environment for both themselves and family members, which is why we have tried to honour those in the middle of the process.

I can also apreciate you may not feel comfortable discussing certain issues with your manager, so you can also relay your concerns and remain anonymous by contacting one of our dedicated H.R specialists at LetsTalk@wrenkitchens.com.

Anything you wish to talk about can remain private and confidential -so let's talk!
Used
Poor management and has a reputation locally for sacking people who are english sorry but its true . It has a bad reputation for that reason .........
16 April 2020
Thanks for your review, and we understand that the rotas may not have suited your specific needs - hopefully you were able to discuss your concerns with your line manager before leaving the role.

Hopefully you'll have a better experience in your next job. We wish you all the best.
Top of your game
Obviously this type of industry requires you to be on your game all the time and Wren are certainly one that look to drive an inspire everything you can hope for.
Its a great place to work, the showrooms are amazing and the support we get from everyone is 1st class.

Anything you need to give the customer a premium experience is provided
What a great review!

It's great to hear that you made the most of the training facilities and opportunities available to you.

Thanks again for your review and for recommending us as a great place to work
Not great
Showrooms are nice but some kitchens have not stood up to the test of time and if customers look too closely they will see the poor quality of the units. Very poor senior managements and total lack of comms from HR in times of crisis. The pay is very poor and 2 years probation sets the scene for how the company treats staff.
Now that I’m here
I have a degree in interior design and though working in the kitchen industry would give me a great insight into consumer design. Now that I’m here I love it! The best part about working for Wren is the colaborative & supportive environment that exists. Work can be fast-paced and challenging some days but managers & colleagues are very supportive.
The kitchen designer academy is second to none, includng a full two weeks at head office with some of the best trainers I have ever come accross.

There appear to be plenty of progression opportunities as the business grows at a rapid pace. There are lots of examples of this within senior management.

Overall, I recieved a very warm welcome from Wren, and the facilities such as a free onsite gym, canteen, and general building facilities are fantastic.
Poor company
The job is easy it’s the managers/supervisors what are the problem
The Transport managers are clueless

I can tell you now we are not essential workers!!!!

You are just a number
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT THE BOTTOM LINE. No matter what you do it's never enough. Web leads get given only to the top sellers in the store. You are constantly told lies to keep you quiet.
really enjoyed it
really enjoyed my time at Wren, Ive been asked to reconnect in a few month and I fully intend to do so. Fast paced but very rewarding with plenty of scope to progress.
Pros
fun environment, everyone gets on and is just a relaxed atmostphere
Cons
more vending machines would be good
Small review
The job is good especially if you work with the right people, living local is probably essential as the starts are early. Finish times vary depending on where you are and how many drops you have during the day.
Brilliant from my first day
To be fair to Wren the do exactly what they say on the tin. Deliver quality goods at the best possible price. Behind the scenes are a lot of hard working individuals. Really nice place,nice fellowship,relaxed atmosphere with good canteen.not everybody speaks English but you can find a way to communicate to people who are not speakers of english language
16 April 2020
Thanks for your lovely review.

We pride ourselves on being a company who cares for our people, so great to read that you felt supported and valued in your job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wren Kitchens. Our community is ready to answer.