Wren Kitchens Employee Reviews

Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire9 January 2019
Work in a fast growing company. No comments in terms of management. Everything at a high level no defects, except that there is a break to work on. Very good place
Forward thinking, fast moving company with plenty of opportunity
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire9 January 2019
Really fast-moving company with plenty of opportunity for career progression and great rates of pay
There’s no room for boredom as each day is different. Chances are given to really think outside of the box and constantly improve processes and systems.

Our stores look incredible which really shows you the amount of investment, time and care that is put in to show our product at its best!

Happy working environment
Pros
Lots of opportunity
Cons
Fast paced which everyone might not be used to
Good company to work for
Driver (Current Employee) –  Stansted Airport9 January 2019
Wren Kitchens is a good company to work for and is a great team to work for, will process you within the company if that is something you want todo, it is a very tough job lifting kitchens everyday
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
lots of drops
Opportunities everywhere
Barton Upon Humber (Current Employee) –  Barton Upon Humber8 January 2019
I have worked for Wren for 5 years now and there has been so many opportunities here, the team environment is great to work in which means you can always have help whenever you need it.

Free gym equipped with everything needed to maintain a healthy work and lifestyle.
Pros
Good progression opportunities and well supported by the management team.
Cons
Not really any cons to comment on
Fun and welcoming Job
Customer Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Barton-upon-Humber, Lincolnshire8 January 2019
Working at Wren can be stressful at times when dealing with particularly difficult complaints.

The staff and management are friendly and it does feel like your team is your family, contributions are taken for birthdays and special occasions which show your colleagues care.

Management give employees fair amount of responsibility which is good as it means you are free to help resolve issues for customer easier on your own.

The commute can be long if you dont live in Barton so the days can feel longer than usual.
Pros
perks such as bonus's and rewards for good service
Cons
long days with the commute if you dont live local, Stats can be hard to reach sometimes
Great Workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Barton-upon-Humber, Lincolnshire8 January 2019
I have been at Wren for just over a year, and have really enjoyed my experience here. Everyone is friendly and helpful, and the job itself comes with rewards and progression.
Pros
Full training, good salary, friendly environment.
Cons
Long travelling time
Ever changing and busy
Health and safety (Current Employee) –  lincolnshire8 January 2019
Wren is often challenging, often busy, but thats why its called work never a dull day.Management are always supportive of those who want to get on and make a difference.Rapid changes on an ever growing company so be prepared to hit the ground running.
Pros
Training and understanding
Cons
for a company this size none
The best company to work for!
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire8 January 2019
I work in here over 7 years and every day I am more excited about opportunities and atmosphere in here! Such a lovely, always willing to help teams, experienced managers who you can learn a lot from! Great job! Great place to work! I wouldn't change for other company at this moment.
Pros
Experienced staff, lots of opportunities
Cons
Can't think of any at this moment
Good to work for
Kitchen Designer (Former Employee) –  Preston7 January 2019
I enjoyed my 3.5 years at Wren and looking back maybe should not have left. I left due to other opportunities that did not work out.

I did very well money wise, over 70k each year
Pros
Good money potentially
Cons
Too many staff
Difficult and demanding job
Title Installation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Barton-upon-Humber, Lincolnshire3 January 2019
Too many organ grinders and not enough monkeys, very little support and too much workload to effectively deliver the requirements of the role for individual customers. Poor oppressive atmosphere and harrassed environment, lacks positive morale. The best part of the job is that the salary is appropriate for the role advertised.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Opressive
Decent pay but no life outside work
Class 2 Driver (Former Employee) –  Barton-upon-Humber, Lincolnshire18 December 2018
The pay isn't bad and the trucks are all new but can be very long days. Seems the same guys get the early finishes all the time. They take on class 2 drivers and stick you in a 7.5
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
Don't respect people
HSE Advisor (Current Employee) –  Barton-upon-Humber, Lincolnshire17 December 2018
People are treated as numbers. Most managers don't respect people. They won't let you develop yourself if they find out that you will have a higher qualification than them.
When I started I couldn't imagine a better job but after a year when all the people from my department left I find out that the job was good because people care about it. Then they started employee people without qualifications because they didn't know what to do and how do they are listening manager even if he doesn't know anything. I could say a lot about this company.
Pros
some people :) there are great and they could do my day better
Cons
a lot
Hire and fire, merciless
Kitchen Designer (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire12 December 2018
They'll happily train you for free if they think you'll sell a couple of kitchens, but unless you're personally valued by at least one director, any day could be your last and the first you'll know about it is your boss asking to talk to you in private for 5 minutes when they're about to tell you "you don't work here any more."
They've made big strides in how they treat customers, my last job with them was pretty much about improving the customer's experience (fewer mistakes, better solutions when stuff goes wrong) but they take advantage of the fact so many people are desperate for any job going, no matter how ruthless the employer.
Worst company I have worked for
Kitchen Designer / Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Merry Hill, West Midlands11 December 2018
Company charges staff for human error
Terrible wage
Terrible work environment
Great training however
Awful Power hungry place of work
people abuse the system and charge customer too much
customers not the main focus for selling
Pros
Cons
commission clawed back month after month
Great Company to work for and MONEY making potential HOWEVER difficulties in Life and Job Security.
Kitchen Designer (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom9 December 2018
At first, I joined this role with the promise of making some serious money. Though I am quite new into the role I have not seen any potential for this indication so would not be able to comment on it truthfully. However from what I see in other designers there is some good commission out there. On a typical day you will be chasing or sitting down appointments as well as showcasing the amazing showrooms to customers. The training programme is great however, pay outs in regards to expenses are a bit cheap and below Government recommendation. Workplace is great and the management team are very supportive and involved. The hardest part is spending 2 or 3 hours with a customer and them not closing the deal which means that potential deal may not happen. It is a risk and you can do all factors to cater for this but due to the economic climate we are in people are really frugal and careful before investing especially into some thing so large. However this is also the most enjoyable aspects, the thrill and excitement of a customer as you begin to shape THEIR dream kitchen is truly fun and being the designer and the key aspect between that dream and it becoming a reality is A LOT OF FUN. You really have to possess that appeal of design, creativity and salesmanship.
Pros
Great place to work for with great training provided, High quality product that really sells itself, Management decisions are made relatively fast and align with company goals well, Supportive management and very visible. Especially supportive in performance and sales, Great management characteristics and team dynamic, Huge income opportunities if you are good at sales and managing client expectations well, A lot of material and support in selling the product.
Cons
Unsociable hours. YOU ARE REQUIRED to work full weekends, Crazy 3 weeks in a row working from boxing day onwards, Minimum basic salary is ridiculously low and unaffordable to keep up with bills, Earnings are completely based on performance, May be months where you walk away with no extra income, Always end up working more hours than stated, Probation period almost 2 years, Hard to create sales in the first few weeks when joining
great enviroment
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire8 December 2018
Great place to work.
very fast paced enviroment in a very ambitious company.
Clear expectations
Clear accountability
best part of the job is the working enviroment and team.
Pros
company phone
produtive and fun workplace
Designer (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire7 December 2018
Ive picked up many new skills like customer facing skills, ive learn how to use a new peice of software where i can design kitchens and my knowledge of kitchens has expandad in terms of sales.
Good people willing to help
Kitchen designer (Current Employee) –  slough6 December 2018
The job is very fast pased, the main thing that ive picked up during my time here is assessing leads aswell as closing deals and sales, and what i can do to influence that.

The workplace culture is great we allways cut cake everytime its someones birthday, which gi ves a really family vibe.

The hardest part of the job i feel is the pressure fed down by management, some people can deal with it while others cant.

I enjoy meeting new people, and getting people to where they need to be in terms of what theyre looking to spend. Ultimately making sure that people are happy with my service.
Pros
Flexible as long as you have appts
Cons
Extra hours to make your salary. Free isues to designers taking their pay
Brilliant place to work
Kitchen designer (Current Employee) –  Slough showroom6 December 2018
Great fun place to work. The day is varied and always goes quickly. The management team encourage you to get the most out of your day with appointments and service. Love it when a design comes to fruition and the customer is happy. Hate it when things go wrong and I cannot influence the servoice levels.

Overall, most things go right, so, we all tend to have a good day. Love my colleagies at work. everyone gets along as one big happy family.
Pros
Good earning prospects. Great showroom. Great work colleagues
Cons
Long working hours
Fun Place To Work
Kitchen Designer (Former Employee) –  Staples Corner6 December 2018
Lovely team. Fast paced work. Amazing team and management. Great Commission structure. Full training given on how to use cad and also on how to sell a kitchen.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wren Kitchens. Our community is ready to answer.