WorldRemit

WorldRemit Employee Reviews

The company I left was very much different to the company I joined. Their intention had been to push for IPO, however it's become apparent that their goal now is to become profitable as quickly as possible for acquisition. Multiple changes of management made life very challenging, and my role was eventually made redundant to be moved to the office in Krakow.
I have been at Worldremit for the past few 18 months and during this time I have been threatened with redundancy 2. Worldremit current objective is to obtain cheapLabour from the Philippines which means they are looking to outsource a lot of their current roles. The HR department are as useful as a chocolate tea pot.
Pros
Free all day breakfast
Cons
Long hours.
WorldRemit is an exciting company to work for, especially if you have an interest in FinTech/Remmitances. Every day is a new challenge with new problems to solve to help customers send their money to the other side of the world. It can be stressful at times but you will not have a dull day with the types of conversations you would be involved. The variety of talent that the company attracts is commendable and it would be interesting to see what the company has in store for the future.
it was good until ishmael left as CEO . there was lots of unnecessary micro management. lack of progression and management delighted in making people lives miserable. Not a good company to work for .
Always work to be done - everyone pushing each other to perform their best. Diverse workplace. Great job to life balance - very rarely had to stay later than contracted hours.
I joined WorldRemit in its early days and was able to view the many changes the company went through. I also had the change to change career within the organisation and start a new journey. This had its ups and downs, but no work day is the same which helps on the learning aspect. The workplace culture is sadly slowly shifting and near disappearing. The mid-level management team is present and approchable, however the senior management team is very detached and the communication seems to be in a one-way system from the base to the top and not the opposite. This makes it a quite stressful work environment. The hardest part of the job is seeing no efforts being made in regards of the staff retention and the lack of hiring, despite what is said by the various management teams. The most enjoyable part is definitey the non-management and mid-level staff, which makes it much more helpful to get through the day. This would potentially be a good environment for someone who is looking for a new career challenge and that is already well established in what they do. I wouldn't recommend it to someone just starting as they might be thrown in the lion's den and be quite shaken off.
Pros
Cons
Lack of communication from the senior management team, disappearance of the company culture
It's another start up company, rude and dull. This cowboys are merely merchants. Avoid please. There is better companies out there and better jobs. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Free something
Cons
WorldRemit was a a company that took pride in having a work culture that suited the needs of all their employees. There was plenty of opportunity to learn, and as an Intern I truly loved all the real hands on experience I was receiving. Everyday I was assigned a new project that would alway test my abilities, but would teach me new aspects in my field of study. The work culture was amazing, the company always wanted to make sure the employees were happy and never wanted anyone over due it with their work load. It was a remarkable experience being able to be apart of that company for that short time.
Pros
Free Breakfast
its good pay for a very straightforward job, I enjoyed working for WorldRemit, you meet new people everyday and you travel around London.
Pros
good pay
Terrible company to work for, best if you are in another department but do not work for the customer service dept, the management culture is awful, inexperienced and the rota system is brutal.