World Vision UK

World Vision UK Employee Reviews

if you're looking for a sales team with a sprinkle of charity work then this is a good place to work. Very enthusiastic team,pretty easy to work but it is slightly competitive as it is sales driven.
Managers more interested in praying than employing people who have relevant and rudimentary skills. Rather than employ managers who understand international development, they prefer people who can roll out quotes from the Old Testament. The day of prayer with people speaking in tongues - rather than getting on with their actual jobs - is a baffling and lamentable nonsense.
I was hired by this company 1 week ago, at the beginning, it was everything beautiful and perfect. After 4 day they cut me off because of the organization and they fired other people. And at the end they said that it was bacause of my performance. This is not what a charity should do . Terrible..
If you are looking for an organisation that is compassionate, value stakeholders and salary is not the motive for career change but work and family balance satisfaction , then World vision is the place to be.
My work experience at World Vision UK was an incredible experience where I was fully supported by the teams I was working with, as well as by others who helped me and informed me about aspects of the charity and its work. I loved my time there and I am looking forward to my future in international development!
Vision to help the international humanitarian work of over 45,000 staff across the world
A typical day of work would include: 1. Resolve queries in a timely manner, identifying key action points in response and liaising with stakeholders when required 2. Engage with supporters at various walks of life, showing empathy and conveying passion and purpose for the cause, with emphasis on relationship over results 3. Organize and prioritize tasks for completion, taking the initiative to maximize individual effectiveness within the team throughout the year 4. Continually develop and explore alternative methods of working to exceed monthly targets and call quality scores 5. Promptly adapt and respond to changes in procedures and updates on campaigns, alerting sponsors and team members clearly in written and oral communication where appropriate 6. Specific attention to Child safeguarding policies, keeping integrity and adhering to guidelines at all times The work environment was lively, motivational and highly inspirational towards the cause of helping the world's most vulnerable children.
On a busy week, I managed my day by spending first 30 minutes of completing things that I will need to get through i.e. mostly related to payroll to ensure payment or actions are being done in a timely manner. I cover role of recruitment from liaising with the agency to the on boarding stage, analyst whereby run reports on a weekly and monthly basis and deal with Helpdesk queries or face to face. It is a Christian organisation therefore it helps with the lifestyle of being flexible and embracing one another and support each other during busy period. I love my role and have the ability work on various different projects as well building a good relationships with staff, managers and payroll.
Flexible, I have learned to use SUN 6 version very quickly with very helpful team. Step by step approach with all my learning. My opinion is valued and respected.
• Managing KPI’s, client relations, data analysis, site management, strategy with upper management. • Training, development of others, data analysis, goal setting, evaluation of outcomes and processes. • Raised in excess of £82,000 for world vision.
Worked here for 10 years and kept going back as I left to travel on 2 occasions. They are a very respectful employer and treat staff as they would like to be treated.
-great support function -100% focus and contribution to your personal development -family oriented with excellent work/life balance -prompt resource allocation
  1. Employee reviews