World Vision International

World Vision International Employee Reviews

United Kingdom15 reviews
8 Working hours Marketing Fair At first people at my worker place never beailved The program will work When they started enjoying and having program out comes
Attractive and productive work place and its good to get experience from other staff, as well as the management part was the model for workers, work culture was good and working time and rest for workers brings us to organizational success.
Pros
Sociable at work places
Cons
No more cons
Not to insult the company's work practices but the actions of management and the cost/benefit analysis of the job doesn't fit for me. The pay was dependent on instant skill with convincing members of the public to take on a monthly donation to World Vision, with age and reliability being a factor for my payment. It wasn't sufficient to live on, especially with a new recruit to the company.
Organisation of management can be a lot more professional and consistent. Some site managers operate differently from what was trained which causes upset amongst the team members and colleges. Saying that being part of a charity that does amazing work the less fortunate its a great and rewarding Job.
challenging,strict deadlines,not too good people management.The hard part was the long hours.Work culture good but can be improved and most enjoyable part was to meet and deliver assistant first hand to the beneficiaries
Pros
free refreshments
Cons
it is a good workplace and treated like family members. We can manage job work and life balance there. It gave chances to participate in nearly all phases of projects. I felt that the project area; community had exposure and participate by themselves in their community sustainability and development. I was happy to serve the hard to reach areas.
Working at World Vision was one of my best times. It gave me a chance to engage with the community, work with the vulnerable children and ensure their well being and among other things l got a chance for self development.
Pros
leave days
Cons
working weekends
A typical day begins with morning devotions where we dedicate the days work and prayer items to God. There is great teamwork and support when working in World Vision. The leadership team is attentive to the needs of the staffs and are always accessible. The work culture is in line with work life balance, annual leave days and occasional off days when discussed by supervisor. The hardest part of the job would be going to remote areas unable to access modern facilities and even mobile networks.The most enjoyable part of the job is during staff retreats and training.
Pros
Hotel bookings
Cons
I learned how to deal with people and gain great coomunication skills. Hardest part of the job was getting people to sign up. Meeting people and enjoying going to different location.
Pros
Flexible times
Cons
Short lunch break
All the jobs I have done with World Vision were full of experience and lesson learned because all these positions were field based position which means I was able me meet different with people in the field. When I was Warehouse Supervisor, I was supervising 58 warehouse staffs in four location. I had an opportunity to train warehouse staffs on warehouse management and how to work together as a team and be supportive to each other. I had learned a lot on how to solve staff's issues When I was HR Assistant, I deal with recruitment and policies of organisation. It was a hardest experience for me because I may have a friend or relative invited for the interview and if he or she has not done well in the interview, I done had choices but to call for the one which has done well in the interview. However, the most enjoyable day to me was when there was an audit and my warehouse was the best among all the warehouses
Pros
Personal
Cons
normal working hours
It was a very fun work environment. I enjoyed raising lots of money for this disaster and emergency comittee charity it was very rewarding both financially and internally,
A typical day for me would be getting to the stand. stopping people at the shopping centre and just having exciting conversation about what our charity does.
Pros
the people are so loving
Cons
to far from where i live
Great company, but some room for improvement. very little accountability for higher level management and too much burden placed on junior staff who have very little room to shine, be heard, or to grow. not enough expertise in all of the sectoral programming it undertakes- chews off way more than it can bite and resources get wasted as a result. The organization is too large and as a result communication across teams and countries not very efficient; there is a lot of duplication of work, and resources not used effectively and efficiently as a result.
Pros
great mission. it's intentions are good.
Cons
long hours, too hierarchical; little acknowledgement of contribution of junior staff
World Vision has been a very good training ground for community development, Partnering with others in same field, project management.
My day at work was including: customer service, working in a teams and dealing with different customers.
Cons
long hour