Workwear Express

Workwear Express Employee Reviews

United Kingdom20 reviews
This place is horrendous. There is no HR, the CEO makes rash decisions and only cares about money. Rather than continue furlough, management have laid off a chunk of staff. Somw received no call, just a letter through the post.
I joined about 6 months ago, all OK so far. I enjoy working in the office, good crowd of people and the pay and bonuses seem fair.

The culture is good and the people who work in the company are friendly and have been kind since I started.
Pros
Bonus, office, colleagues
Cons
None I can think of
Lack of training. Need more than 1 week of training. Thrown straight in at deep end. When struggling you get no help. It's a cowboy outfit.
Please please do not work here
Pros
Pay and production staff.
Cons
Rubbish hours, poorly ran shop floor. having to work bank holidays for single time.
Al management are a joke . Lots of pressures very little feed back or training . The staff turnover was outrageous given very little chance to improve
Pros
Non
Cons
I started at Workwear Express career around 9 months ago and I really enjoy it. No real issues in all honesty. I feel quite secure in my job and enjoy the people I work with.
Pros
Good bonus, good office fun
I'm writing this review, truly and honestly to give others a glimpse into what it's like working for Workwear Express.

I worked there for 1.5 years and quickly came to realise that the whole Sales bonus system is completely rigged, with the Sales Manager and Team Leader taking the biggest orders out of the Sales Inbox regularly for money in their pockets.

They would often hit 200% - 300% of there targets, whilst the rest of the Sales team would miss by a country mile.

However, if you raised any concern about this, you would be pulled into the office for a disciplinary and essentially told to zip it.

Oh, and don't expect sick pay, it's not in their vocabulary here.

The staff turn over at Workwear Express is frankly ridiculous, I've never seen anything like it in my life.

They would much rather sack an employee than provide training or support.

Through my time working here, I must have seen 20 plus dismissals for absurd reasons.

If you're wanting to make a career out of this place, I would highly suggest looking elsewhere.

You can probably imagine what happened when Coronavirus hit by this point.

We got an email from the CEO advising that they are going to be looking after ALL of the staff, but of course, this didn't happen.

Instead, they used this as an excuse to get rid of an astronomical amount of incredible staff, some that had been working there for years and had a real commitment to this business.

Staff were the first to go, they didn't want to take a ten pence hit from this whole pandemic.

And they really didn't have too, with
 - more...
Pros
Some fantastic staff, the GM is brilliant.
Cons
stress, low pay, under appreciated, rigged bonus
The company will describe itself as up and coming and claim that constantly hiring new employees is proof of this - but actually, it's becuase there is a clear out every few months. I've seen this first hand in the years that I've worked here.
Pros
colleagues are fun
Cons
supervisors are bullies
Always look forward to going into the office! Everyone gets on, helps each other and there's always a positive atmosphere. Management is always there to help you as much as they can and have an amazing vision for pushing the company to be the best it can be and coming up with innovative solutions. The company is currently going through a huge growth spurt, and you can feel everyone's excitement to be a part of it.
Pros
Friendly environment, always help on offer, room to progress
Cons
Uniform (but that's changing!)
- Toxic culture
- Consistent change in management/department structure leading to no long term direction

- No HR - so if you're having an issue, good luck getting it resolved

- Incredibly high staff turnover - I'd heard some horror stories prior to joining

- Staff wellbeing bottom of the list of priorities

- Small print in contract makes it essentially a zero hours contract
Unprofessional and toxic environment.
Sackings are a weekly occurrence.

No quality control and no Health and Safety.

Staff are bullied and often in tears.

Bad behaviour and lazy staff are rewarded.
Pros
Cons
Toxic People
Not the best place to work, especially for apprentices. High staff turnover, seemed like there was a sacking every other day.

Worked in the finance team, where I personally felt bullied by people I worked with closely. Was my first full time job since leaving school and felt I had no guidance in my role from either colleagues in my department or management. had personally seen two employee's in tears because of the stress and culture of the office and factory.

There where some very lovely and genuine people that worked there that made going into work less of a burden.
Pros
People where extremely friendly and caring
Cons
Management, holidays, pay, stress
A brilliant place to , Really looks after and supports its employees. I have enjoyed my year and would recommend this place to anyone.
My manager has been really supportive as has the rest of the team.

the place is not perfect but it is closer than most.
Pros
great people, great hours, free parking
Cons
holiday allowance
The office has a real friendly atmosphere and everyone gets involved with out of work activities! I came back to Work wear after maternity leave and they did everything they could to make my hours flexible around my childcare. Very supportive management and overall a really good place to work!
Pros
flexible and supportive
Cons
bonus could be better
In the sales office the workload is constant, think callcentre but with plenty of customer service admin on top.
That would be OK except for the fact that the management is constantly changing the structure of the department and the goalposts for the 'bonus scheme'

Very high staff turnover and you have to wonder why (although the business obviously doesn't ask itself the question)

It's a real shame because the vast majority of the staff are team players and great to work with but it isn't a company I'd recommend to work for.
Pros
Good team spirit
Cons
Low wage, legal minimum pension, legal minimum holidays, bonus scheme massively mis-sold
A great company to work for, plenty of opportunity for ambitious individuals. Have seen the company go from strength to strength over the last few years and is unrecognizable. A definite North East case study.
Pros
Free fruit, flexible, good management, good career progression
Cons
salary isn't always the highest in area
Workwear Express has been very successful over the past few years and it’s great to be part of a company that’s doing so well. There are lots of opportunities for development and no micro-management, which is a huge bonus! The company doesn’t have a great holiday allowance, but you can be flexible on working over Bank Holidays and extra hours for time off in lieu.
Pros
Flexible working, car parking on site
Cons
Low holiday allowance
Great to work for a successful company that's going from strength to strength & growing year on year!

WWE welcomes talent and innovation, it's a place where new ideas and out of the box approaches are welcomed. So far I have found WWE very flexible and accommodating when it comes to meeting business / personal needs.

Management recognises hard work and awards accordingly, great bonus schemes / rewards are available.

Work colleagues are helpful and always ready to support if needed.

All in all a good place to work.
Pros
Regular social events / reward scheme
I am happy I chose to come here to do my apprenticeship as I have been able to do a lot of what I wanted to do whilst on a very good apprentice wage! I drive 30 minutes a day to get here but I am happy I do!
Pros
New office, great people
HR not great, possibly the worst I have experienced. Incorrect paperwork and advice the main one being my contract. HR wanted to change it but I wouldn't agree to it. Messed me about regarding my job role which resulted in me missing an opportunity to start a college course. Received no training. A very very high staff turnover approximately 20 people gone in 3 months for various reasons. Basic employment terms, 28 days holiday including bank holidays. got to give 2 weeks notice if you want to put a holiday in. Wages not great. Only 1 positive for me and that was meeting some genuine and friendly people in the sales team. Check all paperwork and good luck!
Pros
it was local
Cons
Basic pay and holiday entitlement
Gained experience in a friendly & supportive office. A typical day at work involves taking a steady stream of phone calls, answering web chats & replying to emails.
Pros
Friendly & Supportive Staff
Cons
Wage not fantastic