Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust Employee Reviews

Busy ,provides learning enviroment
RN (Former Employee) –  West Midlands17 January 2018
Patient mostly happy with the care provided which could be improved even by sufffient staffing level, staffing has reduced and sometime compromise especially in winter when more patients are expected.rest of facilities are good .
Pros
Long holidays
Cons
Short staffed
Excellent Learning Opportunities
Occupational Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Worcester15 February 2017
A typical day at work involved carrying out initial interviews, including risk assessments, collaborating aims and goals with service users, treatment planning and evaluation.
Whilst on placement, I had gained the opportunity to develop my skills within a range of areas, such as; carrying out initial assessments, collaborating aims and goals with service users, treatment planning and when liaising with Multi Disciplinary Team.
No issues were identified with the management within the trust
I thought that the trust could have improved on their ability to employ a mixture of individuals from different cultural back grounds.
I thought that the hardest part of the job was having to cope with the demands of my hours of work as I had to commute 5 days a week from a long distance..
I enjoyed meeting different patients form all walks of life and found it rewarding when I was able to apply the skill I had gained whilst contributing towards, making a difference within individual lives.
Pros
Excellent learning opportunities.
Cons
Having to commute from a far distance and poor bus route.
has great potential
Directorate Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire10 February 2017
the staff are wonderful here, they are under extreme pressures and are working hard to achieve care for their local population.

Once the senior executives are appointed im sure this hospital begin delivering the key targets
Pros
great staff
A changing environment
Head of BI Development (Current Employee) –  Information Department4 January 2017
Historically this trust has had its share of bad press and sometimes rightly so. But changes are happening now that are making this organisation an enjoyable place to work. New ideas and innovative ways of working are now encouraged. New initiatives to allow staff on the ground to really have their say, are happening. I have been here for a year and I am thoroughly enjoying this challenging role. The team are great and management are supportive and engaging.
Pros
Good holidays
Cons
Parking spaces are in short supply
difficult and unenjoyable
Staff Nurse Band 5 (Former Employee) –  Worcester27 April 2016
I didn't enjoy my time working on the wards, It was very heavy and had no management support from the band 8. It was incredibly stressful and no thought was given to the "shop floor staff
Pros
Cons
long hours, heavy work, no support
Never Dull!
Receptionist/Medical Typist (Former Employee) –  Worcester20 June 2013
A busy and challenging environment but the main satisfaction is with the feeling that you have done something positive during your day. Dealing with people afflicted with an injury or illness , it is important to put them first and to remember that they are likely to feel a myriad of emotions from fear to anger during their visit and admission. Frustration at the lack of parking causes stress and anxiety to many visitors, outpatients and visiting medical staff alike; it is necessary to bear this in mind in the face of their frustration on arrival at their appointment. No day is ever the same. You rely on your work colleagues to keep you sane, a sense of humour is essential but I luckily worked with a fantastic group of people with a great team spirit.

The hardest part of the job? Without doubt, the times when you are unable to help someone.

The best part of the job? Feeling you may have made a difference.
Pros
Good holiday allocation. Free uniform. Staff Parking. Excellent canteen.
Cons
Long hours depending on position held. Highly pressured, can be stressful.