Woodlands Residential Care Home Employee Reviews

enjoyable part of the job
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  morda oswestry3 February 2019
was looking after the service users every shift shifts went quick staff where friendly made sure you had a break on shift was a easy location to get too
Pros
free lunch
Cons
very clicky
productive and enjoyable
Care worker assistant (Former Employee) –  London9 April 2018
My experience in woodlands residential care home was good i really enjoyed and i learnt different things that i haven't learnt before about caring with vulnerable people. The staff were very friendly and helped in every way and i got to know the individuals in a better way.
Pros
free lunch
great place to work
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wirral26 September 2017
great team and managment. supportive progression opportunity good communication.great train and policies and proceedures. always listen to your views and take on board your ideas
Pros
fun place
Cons
low wage
terrible would not recommend
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Earith, Cambridgeshire3 January 2017
I went for a interview there and they just gave me job straight away they are very desperate for staff. Pay is minimum wage. Long hours no career progression. I would not recommend at all.
Pros
Cons
Long hours low pay
Sociable Workplace
Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne3 October 2016
- Co-workers are friendly and are sociable with each other
- I learned the needs of each individual throughout the duration of working there as a student ( 3 weeks)
- Enjoyable doing the activities with the residents and learning more about them and their needs
Pros
Free Lunches, Socialise with the residents
Fun working place
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crowborough26 July 2016
The team workers were good to work with. There were a lot of good training provided. The residents were very friendly.
Pros
Fun
Cons
A bit far from where I lived
Challenging But Rewardig
Carer (Former Employee) –  ENG27 June 2014
A challenging work environment where no two days were the same, helping residents live independently and take care of all their individual needs.
the company got good report from inspection and its really enjoyable to work with elderly people and the staff is friendly and cooperative
Work as team leader (Current Employee) –  London, ENG6 June 2013
I enjoyed working with people who need help and support. I like communicating with people from different background. I learned how to manage with people who got difficulties about expressing themselves, how to manage with someone who suffered from depression, anxiety. I also like working in a team and help the co-workers by sharing my knowledge and skills. the hardest part of the job is when the company is short of staff. the most enjoyable part of the job is when the service users express themselves that they are happy with the service provided to them and when they give good feedback about the staff, management, etc. and the service users happy when the needs are met. their rights and choice are respected.
Pros
the provider supply free meals and drink when staff is on duty.
Cons
the hours are suitable.
80%
health care assistant (Current Employee) –  east sussex18 May 2013
*We begin with handover from night shift, then assist service user with personal care, breakfast, tea, staff break's then morning activities, bar time , lunch, then staff dinner, activities with service user at 2.30pm, tea, supper at 6.30 pm then assist anyone how want to go to bed, 8.00 hot drinks, 9.00pm end of shift.
*I always learn a lot of things during the day from my client who a more social also from fellow staff.
*Management are more friendly we normally have lunch together all staff.
*My co-workers are really good we work as team work really good team.
*The hardest part of the job is where more than one client need assistant or all want to be attended in same time its difficult for me to decide who should be given first priority, but always explain to them and take their option.
*Most is working conditions set by the company, staff members, my client are really friendly also management are fantastic.
Pros
free meal
Cons
shift start 7.00am finish 9.00pm
It is a flexible environment
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wollaston, Stourbridge10 January 2013
Your general day is kept busy with various jobs aboout the home looking after vulnerable adults.