Wood Employee Reviews

Found 221 reviews matching the search See all 1,414 reviews
HMS Sumerset
INDUSTRIAL CLEANER AND FIRE SENRTY (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon4 November 2019
A typical day at work would be as follows:
carry 2 fire extinguishers on board the ship
meet hot worker
ensure no fires happen and clean up after the hot worker
Great place
Principal Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reading4 November 2019
Great place to work. Work field matched my skillset and I learned new technologies as well. Office is close to M4 so commute was very acceptable for me.
safety of environment
Transmission Lineman (Former Employee) –  Leicester4 November 2019
to work in wood you have peace in life peace because you have security in your job..to secured worl your not worrying about your monthly bill family needs etc.etc..the most is company have safety security measured to follow to make the employees safe
Great teamworkers
Engineer (Current Employee) –  North West1 October 2019
Great working environment working with multi-disciplinary professionals.

Strong health and safety focus

Opportunities to progress across organisation
A company you feel like home in
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  London23 September 2019
This is the best company I have ever worked for, they have got several benefits for their employees, everybody was always receiving you with a smile on their face, they were very friendly
productive & friendly
Founder of willenhall walkers (Former Employee) –  Woodside family hub20 September 2019
I learned many things here though working with the teams based at the Woodside family hub. From how to create my own group from the basic idea and market it, through to public speaking.
Great company to work for,
Advanced Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh Scotland19 September 2019
Great bunch of lads to work with, half the battle when working with lads that’s know there job. And the supervisors were all good guys. Just do ur job & keep the gaffas of ur back, 👍🏻
Competitive
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Woking, Surrey19 September 2019
I have been praised by the client due to my work and that was a thread to my manager. She went on maternity leave and our client asked the management to put me as a manager but she opposed it strongly. She convened Wood management to put her favorite person as a manager as she was coming back in 3 months time. A lot of favoritism and ever one knows about it.
Ship 1 good Ship 2 poor work
Painter and Decorator (Former Employee) –  Rosyth17 September 2019
Working on ship 1 was good supervisors new the job well
Supervisors on boat 2 did not have a clue. Paint managers o boat 2 also clueless Boat 1 supurvisors new the score but Wood made them redundant
Wood PLC are fine in themselves
Marine and Services Team Leader (Current Employee) –  UK Offshore: Dana Triton and Western Isles FPSO31 August 2019
Wood as an employer in themselves are progressive and forward thinking in their engagement and duty of care toward their staff. I have always found that they could offer support in a variety of sometimes adverse circumstances.
I would be pleased to work for Wood PLC in any future role.
The Importance of Safety in a work place and working with your co workers and supervisors
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Plymouth5 August 2019
· I expanded my safety skills and importance of keeping the ships spotless and clear a possible, so that those in other jobs were able to do their work efficiently.
·         Learned the importance of safety in the work place.
·         Improved my fitness and heavy lifting skills.
·         Worked well with co-workers and my superiors.
Lots of processes with inadequent training, did not welcome changes, high turnover of staff.
Senior Project Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  25 Canada Square E14 5LQ5 August 2019
- poor management
- unfair treatment
- poor communication
- lack of equal opportunities and diversity
- bully-boy tactics from team member
- not good working ethics

The working environment was not productive at all, I personally found the workplace not fun.
oil and gas industry, long shifts
Offshore Plater (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen19 July 2019
early start, shift work, i did this for over 40 years, delays with flights and the weather.
Depressing.except for me i cheer people up
Scaffolder (Current Employee) –  Faslane Port, Argyll and Bute15 July 2019
Great company..management a lot down..no honesty training poor.prospects poor ..ageism through and through..selfish no appreciation.
great place to work
P&O Administrator - Wood (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen City8 July 2019
great place to work
encouraged by members of senior staff
Worst management I have ever had
Permit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kemerton26 June 2019
Global corporation...your just a number to be used up
When entire teams get up and leave ........
When a design and engineering company wants subcontractors to build a plant from a 3D model ...........
when people are in roles that they have never done before and are just treading water till retirement.......
Personnel from overseas who have never worked in Australia telling you what you need to do.......
13 signatures to get a PO raised ..........
3 different contracts in 5 months............No IR support when super is not paid properly.....
Different rates of pay for locals compared to others....
They talk about diversity but want robots ...........

If you want to work for this circus , ensure you take some popcorn...
Pros
Good site people
Cons
Complete circus
bad company, work for them if your desperate as a stepping stone for other jobs
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Devonport4 June 2019
1. As a cleaner that's been there for 6 years a typical day would involve cleaning all areas on board ship, gangways and dockside plus anything else the client and managers request.

2. they are often slow to train you at anything but to get a ticket for any other specialist cleaning jobs can take months as a result and end up with learning on the job while your waiting to be trained.

3. The management are a joke and are often very rude, have no people skills, treat you like school kids regardless of age, no respect and no trust and always make a point of breathing down your neck while your working and speaking down to you as if a peace of dirt.

4. they are meant to be an equal Opportunities company but have almost no support for language Barriers, you end up doing what you can and relying on other work colleagues to help you.

5. the hardest part of the job is dealing with unpleasant 2faced managers and safety issue's they constantly tell you to stop the job if safety is at risk but then complains at you and gets shirty with you as if its your fault for reporting a danger that could sometimes be harmful to yourself as well as others they just don't care as long as the job gets done, most of the good cleaner's end up wanting to leave the company for other jobs.

6. the most enjoyable part of the job is working as part of fleet time and being a part of the hand back team helping out with high standard deep cleans and daily cleans which helps to get you away from most problems in the company.
Pros
Friendly work colleagues
Cons
Bad management
A good place to work
Principal Project Secretary (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire4 June 2019
A diverse workplace
Work/life balance is great
A typical day goes quick, no time for clock watching as there's a variation of tasks each day which I ensure these are done.
Pros
Diverse place to work
Cons
n/a
Good place to work but could be better
Painter (Current Employee) –  Prince of Wales24 May 2019
Ask more experienced men on the jobs if there’s better ways to do the jobs there doing as they will know problems that will arise with certain tasks.Which will benefit everyone
Pros
Good workforce
Cons
Travelling
Good people and a good company.
Electrical & Instrument Planner (Current Employee) –  North Sea and Teesside8 May 2019
I have worked for Wood since 2012 and found them to be honest, reliable and fair.
I worked initially for them in the offshore oil & gas business, then onshore in a Petrochem facility, both being top-tier COMAH sites.
Health and Safety were paramount and fully endorsed and supported by Wood management.
Pros
Honest and fair
Cons
Pensions could be a bit better.