Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP Employee Reviews

Horrible Company to Work For
Paralegal Recoveries+ Team (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MS17 July 2018
Initially the company was okay to work for, however, very quickly I learnt you receive very little support from the Managing Paralegals, who show very little empathy towards you learning the job role, even if you are within your probation and still learning. The Managing Paralegals have no prior managing people experience and quite frankly treat you like something off the bottom of their shoes. One particular Managing Paralegal will have a go at you for no reason especially if they have had a bad time at home, not very professional. The firm work you very hard with almost no encouragement. In this firm your face certainly has to fit! A horrible office environment, no one talks to each other, heads are down all day, the moment you do look up and talk to someone, it is almost frowned upon. I sat at my desk for weeks with no work to do, no one cares, they are too busy trying to advance their own careers! A very corporate environment, which left me feeling very anxious to the point I felt I had no other option but to quit. I wouldn't recommend this law firm to anyone, they seem to have lost sight of how to look after their people, instead they are all about the bottom line. There won't be a bottom line without people to carry out the work! I assume the new American partner has had a massive influence on how they now go about their business. A very disappointing experience.
It's good
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon28 July 2017
It's a good place to work and you are a valued member of the team. Everyone is friendly and management is on the whole experienced and effective. I'd recommend to anyone.
Pros
free tea & coffee
Cons
no parking
A leading corporate law firm
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol10 May 2017
A busy and challenging role with tight deadlines to adhere to. Meeting the highest expectations of clients' requests. Accuracy is key. A rewarding company to work for.
Good salary horrible place to work
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear18 April 2017
Initially good idea. Not good. Ended up being ill working there. Treat their staff like dogs. Good salary, horrible working practices and conditions
Pros
Good salary
Cons
where do I start
Official response from Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP
27 April 2017

Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry to hear about your experience at Bond Dickinson. We work hard to ensure an environment where everyone is supported, valued and encouraged to flourish so it's disappointing to hear that we haven't lived up to that for you. I'd be very happy to talk to you to help us understand the issues and to make sure that we don't repeat some of the same mistakes.

Sam Lee
Head of Recruitment

Good Place to Work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth29 August 2016
If you show commitment to this company they will show commitment to you. Very hot on training staff appropriately. Management are approachable. Value your opinion.
Great company and a very enjoyable and challenging role
Part Time Travel Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne11 August 2016
In January 2014 I moved to Bond Dickinson Law firm as a part time travel advisor working within a very intimate team alongside two other colleagues. Although I am still booking all aspects of travel this is a very different role to everything I did so far. Working for Bond Dickinson has given me that experience of working on the other side of Business Travel so I feel fortunate in that I can see the booking from both the perspective of the client and the travel agent.

Although we have appointed Business Travel Company that we use to help us with our bookings we do most of the booking ourselves via the internet whilst strictly controlling the budget. We have about 1200 employees and partners that we look after. Although some of the bookings can be done in advance a lot of the bookings are last minute urgent bookings so speed and accuracy is important.
With our offices mainly based in the UK I mainly book Domestic rail using Evolve system, domestic flights and hotels although we do also get to book flights and hotels around Europe and occasionally long haul flights. We have preferred hotels and rates.
This role is challenging in that as our clients are fellow employees we must deal with them on a face to face basis as well as via phone and email. I also had the responsibility and freedom of negotiating my own hotel rates and meting the suppliers which I enjoyed greatly.
National Law Firm
PA to Vice Chairman and Finance Director (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne2 March 2015
Good National and North East presence in various markets
Merger has created a stream lined approach
Supports regional profile
very profetion firm, great place to work
work experience (Former Employee) –  Bristol, ENG3 November 2014
my one week work experience at bond Dickinson was very worth while as it gave me a good insight into working within an office environment.
Pros
good working environment, very approachable and friendly employees at all levels