Woking Borough Council

Woking Borough Council Employee Reviews

United Kingdom12 reviews
Keeps you on your toes. Permenantly changing as people change. dealing with simple errors and major catastrophies. No two days are the same. Typical twenty four hour operation in a town centre
Really Friendly and relaxed environment to work in and very friendly staff . I enjoying doing the different task that are set for me . I really enjoy working with Human Resources and the Licensing team. I get to learn lots of skills including the health and safety inductions for the new starters on a Monday morning , I learn new skills by answering the telephone , dealing with email enquiries ,laminating , photocopying , scanning vehicle documents and doing first aid orders
Cons
N/a
Patrol the streets of Woking issuing PCNs.

Then main thing i learned was how not to lead a team by observing the practice of my team leader. The culture was a very much them and us scenario.
Local Council so to be expected but not much doing. Not really any chance of progression, espcially in the area i was in. Management were okay, but it's a council so nothing gets done.
Good benefits for working for this employer.

Typical day at work: Flexi time is good.

Learned new ICT systems.

Good atmosphere. Good location in town centre
The job that I do is very rewarding, the most enjoyable part of my day would be meeting the people while I am out and about. The hardest part of my day is not being able to spend a bit more time with them.
I really enjoy working in the place and had the opportunity to put into practice my skills from university. The office is always buzzing with fun and good work ethic.
Pros
Flexi time
Woking Borough Council offers good job security, a realistic work/life balance, good salary, good promotion prospects whilst also serving the local community.
loved this job got on with everybody,did learn much but got a lot more customer experience and was constantly pushing myself the job was always but liked it, and it was most enjoyable part about the job
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Day to day repairs and emergency call outs.
working in sheltered housing for the elderly .

doing general maintenance in council properties
I did my work experience here. I loved it because everyone was being so friendly and understanding. The people I worked with were very helpful and I learnt a lot from them all and from the tasks they gave me to complete.
An enjoyable place to work and gain experience as they encourage you to take on more training in order to progress in the job role
Pros
flexible and good benefits package
Cons
cut backs being made