Wm Morrisons Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Found 4,132 reviews matching the search See all 4,211 reviews
Ok as colleagues given up on place
HGV Driver class 1 (Former Employee) –  Sittingbourne, Kent21 May 2019
I'm a most retired and have done a number of jobs and can say with hand on heart sittingbourne rdc is the worst place I have ever worked.management in transport thick and have no knowledge or common sense.hr a disgrace as don't care,and senior management have left in droves due to incompetence or fraudulent activity.mental bullying is top of the list and health and safety a joke.everything is broken due to cheapness and seldom repaired.they do not deserve drivers or colleagues as management up their own backsides.this is the first time I have ever put in print about somewhere I worked.my advice is keep well away and if there now find another job and hold your head high again.
Pros
Canteen
Cons
No backup from so called management
Made me ill
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff17 May 2019
Regional Management is based on fear, threats and chasing a number.

The welfare of colleagues and mid management is disregarded albeit it is paid generous lip service.

That being said the colleagues who work in stores are committed and a close not team. They are just worn out with dwindling resources yet ever increasing expectations.
Pros
Salary, flexible working
Cons
Integrity, ruthless approach by regional management and completely out of touch with what goes on in stores
Fun but hard work
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire17 May 2019
If you get along well with people easily it's an amazing place to work and pass time as you will be working with them for up to 12 hours a day! It's good Money per day but sometimes if their full..you won't even get one shift a week! Overall it's nice people and a friendly atmosphere but just long and tiring hours.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
You will get sent back home if they are full
An okay place to work
CUSTOMER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Brough, East Riding of Yorkshire16 May 2019
Taught me a lot and the pay is good. The atmosphere can be a bit full on and there isnt a lot of space for one on one learning in a working atmosphere.
Enjoyable Workplace
FFPP Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loughborough16 May 2019
Working at Morrison's allowed me to gain lots of skills and be independent. It also helped with my confidence as I was talking to customers on a daily.
fun team to work with
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire16 May 2019
it was a good job and they encouraged people to progress from within the company to more senior roles, a great place for part time or full time work depending on your circumstances
Pros
store discount
Cons
small hour contravts
Morrisons
Grocery Assistant & Checkouts (Former Employee) –  Dalkeith, Midlothian15 May 2019
its fine part time, managers only care about themselves. Team leader are great. Learned that customers are human beings who moan. Enjoyed socialising, and hardest part, working back shifts.
Productive place to work
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Dukinfield, Greater Manchester15 May 2019
A typical day working at Morrisons involved serving customers, packing bags,replenishing shelves, conducting refunds and checking for I.D for restricted items.
hard place to work could be better with more staff
Counters/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Haverfordwest13 May 2019
working on your own that should be a job for 4 people. Expectations are high and you do not get thanked for your hard work. Working there would be so much nicer if they employed more staff on the departments.
Pros
discounts.
Cons
not enough staff
Very hard work
Shelf Stacker (Former Employee) –  Rhyl11 May 2019
Night shift not good for your health and body,
management not very helpful and pushy, this is not a comment for all stalls just the one i worked at.
Work mates great and helpful
Pros
cheap food
Cons
long hours no sleep
Fresh Prep worker (Former Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire10 May 2019
Enjoyed working at Morrison's. My collegues were amazing people. Never felt un-welcomed. Supervisor and Manager were both helpful and understanding. The hardest part of the job i found was keeping up with the packaging and making sure I always had enough for the day.
Pros
Very friendly people
Management awful
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carterton, Oxfordshire9 May 2019
I absolutely Loved my job here until management made my life difficult. And staff changes were made.
I worked here for 3 years before yet again more management left and another set of new ones.
Each one seemed to change the rules but actually didnt spend time with you or your department to discuss changes needed if any.
Communication is poor
And the workplace is very ‘clicky’
If you don’t fit in with those people, prepare to be pushed out.

From someone who completely loved their job to someone who would probably never work for Morrisons again
Pros
4 weekly pay, staff discount
Cons
Clicky staff, bad management, poor communication
Customer Assistant - Self-scan Checkouts
Customer Assistant - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Hartlepool, Durham7 May 2019
I have learned a great deal when working at Morrison's. Especially when it comes to working with Customers. Having the chance to help a customer and potentially making their day slightly better, there is no better feeling.

However, i find working for Morrison's very tiring hence why i'm looking elsewhere for a job.

The workplace culture is very friendly. All staff are easy to talk too and will help you out when they can.

The hardest part of the job is the constant moving and working, especially when busy as on the department i work, there is only 1 of me and i can only do so much at a time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is turning up to work and getting along with everyone.

Overall, i feel Morrison's is a good place to work. However, it just isn't what i want to pursue for my future.
Pros
Friendly Staff, Good Rotas/changes if needed, Good support around medical problems.
Cons
Very Tiresome
working for Morrisons has given me a boost to my work experience. The management also provides ample learning courses to built your confidence
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gorse covert, Loughborough7 May 2019
Working for Morrisons has given me a boost to my experience working in retail industry.The Management has been very helpful to boost your work experience.The management also provides ample learning courses to built your confidence.
Pros
extra overtime
Cons
late working shifts
Did various jobs at j41.
Various Roles (Former Employee) –  Wakefield6 May 2019
Stay away the place is filthy. Environmental health should do a spot check in food areas. No home/work balance. Most of management don't know what they are doing, they just pass the blame from one department to another. Most do not support their workforce.STAY AWAY
Pros
Cons
No support
Standard shift work within stores
Grocery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Diss5 May 2019
The actual work was okay, but there is little room to grow and the managers seem to expect more work than one i s capable of and take out any form of their frustrations on work staff.
Never again
Florist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire5 May 2019
If you are thinking about applying for a job as Florist please take my advice and don’t. Job advert is a joke. They advertise for a florist when really all they want is a glorified checkout operator and someone to unpack 5 pallets of garden plants every morning and that’s before you get started on any floristry related jobs. Management are only interested in sales not how you are supposed to make loads of hand tieds by getting through 500 single stemmed flower package every day all the while you are expected to serve a long line of customers with trolley loads of compost and garden plants. There are only 2 flower packages so after a while using the same flowers every other day becomes boring. We achieved really good sales especially at Valentines , Mother’s Day and Easter but we never got as much as a thank you from management. If you are a qualified Florist it is a complete waste of your talent and training. At interview they will fill your head with what a fantastic opportunity it is to get on board and this is the way forward for florists but I’ve experienced at first hand how soul destroying working for Morrison’s can be.
Pros
Lovely work colleagues
Bad management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterhead3 May 2019
Worst place I’ve ever worked, management treat you badly all there bothered about is money making and not how the staff are constant working with no days off
Pros
Good place
Cons
Bad management
Morrisons daily activities
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nelson, Lancashire2 May 2019
A typical day is extremely busy with many tasks to do, there is never a moment where you are not doing anything. I have learnt a variety of skill sets mainly working along with the food hygiene guidelines, in the delicatessen, butchers and the fish bar. The majority of the managerial team are supportive and understand that the job role is demanding. The hardest part of the job is balancing the time to do the tasks required of you, especially if you are lone working. The staff are the most caring and kind people to work with, they really are a hardworking team.
Pros
annual bonus
Cons
no overtime, lack of staff
Avoid
Night Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Clacton2 May 2019
This company will manipulate, undermine, belittle, extort and bully their agenda upon people desperate enough to work for them.
I have seen bullying on premises, and heard stories from legitimate staff. Management will always cover each other like politicians. You will be chastised for being ill and bullied to work, regardless of your health. Younger staff will be abused. If you are of a quiet disposition, they will take liberties with you.
Their health and safety is non existent. I was injured at work due to poor health and safety and was put on report for being off work. You have been warned...
Pros
Good hourly rate
Cons
Management/attitude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wm Morrisons Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

41.3K