Wm Morrisons Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Found 4,166 reviews matching the search See all 4,246 reviews
Difficult and Challenging
Contact Centre Sales-force (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire8 April 2019
Tough on contractors. Contractors are not treated or respected as colleagues., Unorganised and no sense of direction form the management.. Perm staff do reasonably well, whereas contractors and third parties find it strenuous.
Good culture but lack of communication ruins the business.
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Nottinghamshire7 April 2019
Overall good workplace, culture and management varies from store location. In some stores it is fine, in others poor.

I applied for the pathways programme to progress from colleague to Team Manager. It is meant to take 12 weeks to complete however I have been on the programme for over 6 months still waiting to be signed off.

Being on this, means a lot of communication is needed between stores to provide me with training and out of store behavioural sessions. Unfortunately, due to awful communication, no one ever knows what is going on, leaving managers puzzled to my whereabouts and the purpose of it.

No one seems bothered about my development or progression and simply get tossed off as a colleague despite meant to be given training and support by management.

Like most companies, rotas are meant to be published 4 weeks in advance, not here. You find that managers will constantly switch your shifts at last minute, call you at last minute notice to bribe you to come in and simply not upload the rotas until a day before their commencement.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with, and having a bit of banter with them - which is often forbidden when senior management are around, so a need to constantly act like robots is necessary. (Again I must stress this all depends on your team as some colleagues and managers are fantastic)
Pros
Canteen, Salary, Colleagues
Cons
Lack of communication means everyone fights against each other due to being told different things
Respect In the Workplace
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire4 April 2019
Nobody is treated equally in this company, if they like you then your work life will be easy, if they dont they will do anything possible to make it miserable.
Pros
good salary
Cons
management is bad
About Morrisons
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evesham, Worcestershire4 April 2019
At Morrisons supermarket in Evesham, work in customer cafe, serving on till, taking customer food orders and drinks. Take and serve food/drink to customer table, clear tables and wipe down. Work in kitchen, help prepare food and dishwash cutlery etc.Make sure the front of cafe that everything is topped up, cleaned and tidy. At the end of the day, any food leftover is recorded and thrown away,
Pros
Get 10% discount off items
Cons
Occassionally get overtime hours
Wrong job, bad hours
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotland4 April 2019
Applied to be a Home Delivery Picker, but because I said in my interview that i'd be happy to 'chip in and do anything', I ended up in Market Street.
Met some nice colleagues, but I ended up running the entire counter myself from my second week onwards, despite not having any proper training. Management gave little to no support. They didn't care if you had any issues.
Was meant to be a 16 hour per week contract but ended up doing 25+ hours every single week. Really unsociable hours also.
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
Bad management, rubbish hours, no support
Customer assistant
customer service assistant (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire4 April 2019
I worked here for 18 months as both a produce worker and as a checkout worker, On a typical day I would serve customers and replenish stock. I worked over several different shifts
Pros
Discount card
Cons
LOng hours
Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport3 April 2019
Worked there for a while the staff are very friendly and easy to get along with. It’s quite a challenging place to work but if you like a challenge then it’s the place for you. Customers can be quite rude at times and if you tell anyone about it they don’t tend to do much which seems like they don’t really care about you.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Management higher up don’t listen to their staff!
avoid!
cafe assistant (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire2 April 2019
Avoid .... if you want to be in debt and end up with mental health difficulties like I have suffered recently please don't work for this company they gave me the wrong job what I didn't apply for...... hours were under 16 which doesn't pay my bills, you can't be ill 'cos they expect you to work even if contagious!
Then they put you on a record of improvement for 26 wks even when you are still ill!
my dad died the day after they said in a meeting that my contract is not being renewed but they still expected me to go in that week even though I was grieving suffice to say I did not.
Pros
some nice colleagues
Cons
management who don't care about people
Great job
Café assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartlepool, Durham2 April 2019
Morrisons is such a great fun job to be in. The pay is good and the Job its self is fun to work in so much that at times it doesn't feel like a job. I would recomend this job!
Enjoyable and fun workplace
Volunteer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colwyn Bay2 April 2019
very friendly staff members
good customer care
clean and hygienic
great selection of products including own brand and competitors
charitable to local communities
Pros
learned how retail stores work
Cons
n/a
Busy store time passes quickly
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex2 April 2019
Staff is well looked after and training is provided, health and safety, staff discount, paid holidays, etc. A good, professional and ethical store that staff would feel confidence and proud in offering the best customer's service. Rewards such as little gifts for mothers who happened to be working on Mother's Day; shopping voucher for great customer service; Christmas gifts, etc.
Pros
Good pay and staff benefits
Cons
Have to be fully flexible with staff Rota arrangement.
Decent company
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bradford2 April 2019
can get on if you are willing to put the hours in, certain stores are very much if your face fits.overtime was not readily available and working at chriistmas was a nightmare ( as is most retail jobs)
Paid the bills
Grocery Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Congleton, Cheshire1 April 2019
This was only a part time job for me whilst I was at school. Cant say that I enjoyed it but it was a fun place to work at times and I built some really good relationships with the staff there. The money was good at the time but the shift often dragged and I was always ready for the end of a shift. It is just a typical part time supermarket job.
very productive
Store assistant (Former Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside1 April 2019
very clean and busy place to work, all staff are very helpful and always willing to give advice and help, not sure about salary as it was a work placement
Pros
free lunch
Cons
early starts
Last resort if you need a job !
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk31 March 2019
Bullying culture of store manager
Constantly yelled at in front of staff members and customers by store manager
Publically humiliated by store manager
Paid for 43 hours but always worked 60 to 70 hours per week .
Work life balance shocking
Constantly understaffed
Glad I've resigned!!
Only take employment with Morrison's as a last resort if you're desperate
Pros
None !
Cons
Long hours for no thanks or reward
A decent place to work with the right management.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawley, UK31 March 2019
Don't expect a full time contract, been in the company for years and still working part-time. Great collegues and can be a fun atmosphere at times but the senior managent is poor and expects you to have 10 hands as they'd rather have less staff so they can have bigger bonuses. They don't have a big enough budget every week to cover expenses so we don't have the tools to do our jobs properly and they moan at US for it. They can also take overtime off you with a snap of their fingers if they've gone over budget, yet expect you to come in with a phone calls notice if they need you, and you're shunned if you don't come in. Line managers are ran off their feet and often cry for being treated awfully and for not having enough hands.
Overall: if they employed more staff, had bigger budgets for hours and had management that treated you like humans and not robots, Morrisons would be a great place to work.
Pros
Yearly bonuses, 5 weeks holiday, £8.70 an hour, cheap canteen lunches, 10% discount
Cons
Either stupidly long or stupidly short hours, poor management, no work/life balance, not enough staff
If you value your health
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seaford, East Sussex29 March 2019
If you value your health and well being, then STOP and don't even bother with this company. Disgusting management, bullies and SEXIST. Morale is awful, everyone is miserable. Losing more staff than we gain.
Go elsewhere
Pfs and services managet (Current Employee) –  Somerset28 March 2019
Have worked for this company for nearly two months, there is no organisation, it's poorly managed at store level and delivery distribution is awful with it being common place for deliveries to arrive up to 8 hours late
Pros
Subsidised lunches
Cons
Poorly organised, micro management, not enough staff.
Lovely place to spend 18 years
Personnel/HR advisor (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton27 March 2019
I loved my time at Morrisons and only left as i was relocating. Abit stressful at times but in general i would recommend it to anyone to work. I had a good relationship with management also
Pros
Sharesave, chiristmas bonus
Shocking
Driver delivery (Former Employee) –  Wellingborough, Northamptonshire26 March 2019
The warehouse and transport side don’t communicate at all unless it’s playing the blame game. Always gossip starts, transport office don’t have a clue and wing it every shift. Attitude is terrible from the office and none have any driving experience meaning they think you can do all hours god sends because they say you can squeeze in a 14 hour day into 8 hours when you’ve not got a hells chance. Absolute joke of a place to work. Have you sat around for hours sometimes 6 hours don’t bother

Avoid the Wellingborough branch at all costs !
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wm Morrisons Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

41.3K