Wm Morrisons Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Found 4,178 reviews matching the search See all 4,258 reviews
Full of Bullies.
Bakery Team Member (Former Employee) –  Taunton12 June 2019
Grinding tedium, managerial wonkspeak, patronising bosses, bullying bosses, abusive bosses, Bosses. The sheer, never ending delirious terror of it all. I worked here as a teenager initially and came back as a stopgap following a messy divorce in my mid twenties. It was just as bad and toxic as I remembered. The job affords as much dignity, pride and enjoyment as necrophiliac wrangler.
great place to work
Customer Services Assistant- I (Former Employee) –  Stamford, Lincolnshire9 June 2019
had so many fun times here, only worked part time but great people to work with and got great feedback from customers. management weren't the best......
Nice place to wofk had no pdoblems working therr
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wishaw8 June 2019
I enjoyed working here colleagues and management were nice to work for benefits were good only reason I left because I was on a flexi contract and was offered permanent contract at different supermarket
Pros
Benefits were good
Cons
Flexi contact
Should listen to colleagues
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stirling7 June 2019
You're just a number. Always want to hear yes to extra or whatever never no. Management are bullies. The pay and contracts are decent yet very difficult to work around your life. I left out of frustration at not having my requirements listened to despite making them all very clear at the interview stage. All they wanted was a body. Wouldn't recommend unless you like being patronised, no satisfaction and having to deal with horrible management.
Pros
Pay, contracts
Cons
Management, work/life ratio
A productive company
FLT Driver (Current Employee) –  Northwich, Cheshire7 June 2019
I enjoy working here as the people are friendly and very hard working. I have gained lots of experiences from the company including machine operating, general factory operator and for the most part fork lift trucks (counter balance and reach trucks).
Pros
Work/life balance
awful
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  walsall7 June 2019
i loved working for morrisons and was very loyal. The last couple of years they have started to make people like me on old contracts with long service want to leave.
Pros
customere
Cons
management
Don’t apply waist of time
Planning production (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire cutler heights6 June 2019
Worked for planning before cutler heights, would not recommend that job , management horrible don’t looking after the team at all, no support..........
Pros
Cons
Long hours, horrible.I would not recommend people this job, managers sometimes are very rude and very not professional, they need to change their manager
Productive, consistent customer service.
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield4 June 2019
Make sure that you have the correct Uniform dress code.
Clean hair,No creases in your uniform,Smart black comfortable shoes.

You'd put all your personal/valuable belongings in the locker room locked away with your personal locker key.

Once you have done that you'd make your way to a swipe in point. Where you swipe your working colleagues personal card to swipe into your shift for the day. For example a 9am-2pm Shift.

I've learnt many things at morrisons such as.

Dealing with argumentative customers
Communicating with colleagues to help with customer service care
Putting customers needs first
Reporting any problems to the manager/boss of the company
Reporting complaints/feedback
How to work as a team
Become more open minded and sociable with the general public

The hardest part of working at morrisons is definitely at the customer service desk, because you are the one to take control and you've got to know the correct words and the correct actions to take with every individual customers needs.

However with that being said I honestly enjoy working on the customer service desk as you are the one to see customers arrive and leave.
Pros
Contracted hours, Breaks
Cons
Unpaid breaks, Short breaks, rarely give out full time shifts, Unset days
Awful company!
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  East Kilbride3 June 2019
Started off with this company a few years ago and thought it was great. Discounts and good hours were available but now everyone works their contract hours with no option for overtime. Also no opportunities to go further with the company as you get constant rejection.
Very Stressfull at Times
Ambient Grocery Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Stockton-On-Tees31 May 2019
05:30 am start
check staffing levels
check for any outstanding inbound trunks from other depots
prepare staff loading sheets for remaining loads
check loading bays for any part loaded trailers (nights)
check load plans match transport (shunter) load plans
issue work (loads) to staff
Hardest Part of Job: completing all loads on time with the least staff & hours available to reach kpi target.
Most Enjoyable Part of Job: Working with available staff on day (team work & customer satisfaction)
Pros
Subsidised meals
Wouldn't work here again
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arbroath31 May 2019
The pay is quite low, there is no room for promotion when you have been with the company for a few years, management at head office dont have a clue about what ideas they are implementing as it doesn't benefit the customers. Also expected to work on the day of a family funeral.

Personnel supervisor didn't know the difference between sick leave and compassionate leave.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Everything else
hated working here
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  lincoln31 May 2019
Make sure you book your holidays 2 years in advance else u will lose them like i did all 6 weeks because i didnt book a year in advance.
always was short staffed, in mornings had 1 waitress doing 2/3 peoples jobs, staff used to ckme in with dirty trays all over the kitchen only not being able to clean the trays as theybwere expected to keep taking food out. Customers always used to xomplain about the food as the food has been on the bain marie for hours.
Pros
good money
Cons
food been on bain marie for hours and turning cold, always short staffed
Fun place to work
Health and Beauty Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire31 May 2019
Enjoyable place to work, but not if you want flexibility. Long hours and not much of a work/life balance. Good parking and excellent subsidised canteen.
I like working in primary school
Pick and pack and cashier (Former Employee) –  Camden Town / Stamford hill30 May 2019
Teaching the children about physical emotional intellectual and social needs. Also building up their needs for through out the goal in the day.
Organising the lessons
Helping the main teachers to organising the activity and reading time
Watching out children in their own play time at the play ground
Making sure the children are happy and enjoy their day at school
Working with children who has mentally issues and some aggresive behaviour toward other children
Knowing different culture that children parents are from and talk about their parents country
Pros
Great staff and very supportive
Cons
No cons
Horrible!
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ayrshire29 May 2019
Your overworked, never enough staff, higher management are so 2 faced horrible and rude expecting everything done knowing there isn't enough staff to do it! very cliquey! everybody is stressed to the point of being off sick
Pros
None that make up for the cons
fun
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coleshill, Warwickshire28 May 2019
As a budding pharmacist it was a good insight into how the working world is. I really would recomend getting a hospital placement as youre able to see how they work.
Ok at first !
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Rushden28 May 2019
Not really sure where to start ? Work life balance was really good until.they in there infinate wisdom, decided to change all shift patterns ! Then work life balance became not good !!
Pros
Staff discount really handy !
Cons
A strong happy place to work.
Hot food counter assistant (Former Employee) –  Chingford, Greater London27 May 2019
I worked on the popular hot food counter serving a high volume of customers. I always felt fully supported by my colleagues and managers. It was a happy strong and understanding place to work.
My first job
Café Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coalville26 May 2019
This was my first job after leaving school. I enjoyed it very much from taking orders out to cleaning the tables to walking the dog. I loved getting to know customers and what they wanted.
Worst job I’ve ever had
General operative (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire23 May 2019
This is by far the worst job I’ve ever had I was working here with agency nobody talks to Your surrounded by foreign people all over if you do something Wrong they moan at you it’s really cold and boring would never go back here plus don’t pay extra for overtime even if your employed by the company
Pros
4 days off
Cons
No overtime rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wm Morrisons Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

41.3K