Wm Morrisons Supermarkets Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Found 728 reviews matching the search See all 4,454 reviews
Productive and Fun Work place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Willenhall, West Midlands5 October 2019
I love my job because everyone shares the same vision and is dedicated to the mission. This truly creates a family environment where everybody is there for each other. I love my job because people care about me as a person and about my professional growth. There is a genuine spirit of cooperation and shared goals all revolving around helping the customer that I have not found at other corporations. I love having a voice. My boss listens to my ideas and the whole team works together to make them happen. We all support each other and work together to offer creative feedback and then make our ideas a reality. I love being appreciated and listened to.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Not Very Child Care Friendly
Managment Don't Care
Sales Assistant (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Westbury, Wiltshire4 October 2019
Worked there for many years
Management didn't care about issues and where very unhelpful
But colleagues all worked very hard together and made it that little bit easier
5* Team
2* Management
fast paced fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire2 October 2019
you are always learning on the job and very busy friendly and respectful staff the people you work with make your day
you enjoy most of day whilst feeling achievement that you have completed your tasks
Morrisons sales assistant
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire24 September 2019
Sales assistant is hard work but a relaxed environment friendly staff no targets good wage and bonus twice a year as well as childrens Christmas party
Morrisons
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Leek, Staffordshire24 September 2019
Not very good work hours for young people
Poor management
Decent pay
Not a very good workplace culture. Very much manager orientated.
Get a 10% discount when shopping
Ok but can be better
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bamber Bridge19 September 2019
In the store I currently work we have a excellent togetherness and work well as a team the only downside is the company itself. I believe this is one of the worst companys to work for as it does not treat its staff as well as it should do.
Face dosen't fit you're doomed.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redcar, North Yorkshire29 August 2019
No matter how much experience you have, if you don't fit into managements little box, you're doomed..they will find a way to get you out..set you up..
It’s ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire28 August 2019
I originally started at Morrison’s when I left school, it was a great little part time job to get me through my college/uni years. When I finished uni I eventually managed to be given a full time job in Office 3. I loved the job and my colleagues but the hours sucked. As a young person I was missing out on a social life as I was doing all the late shifts and weekends. I left and went elsewhere. After around 6years of leaving I needed some extra cash so went back part time doing a Sunday shift in the petrol station. It really wasn’t the Morrison’s I left at all. The morale had gone, the staff were all over worked and under paid. There just wasn’t enough hours in the day to get all the jobs done that were expected of you. We were expected to go long periods of time on our own serving a very busy petrol station, not being able to leave the till for security reasons and having to try and get cover from the store to even have a wee was a nightmare let alone if a customer needed assistance outside. I lasted around 8 months like this and couldn’t take no more. The petrol station manager was and is amazing and tries her best with the resources she has been given but unfortunately it’s the people above her that bully the staff/department managers and make working there not nice at all. I certainly will not return for a third time.
Pros
Cheap canteen, staff discount
Cons
Long unsociable hours, unapproachable management, poor pay
Secure, poor management and unappreciated
part time sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands28 August 2019
A typical day at work i would be stocking shelves, helping remove deliveries from lorries and ensuring the store looks at it's highest standard.
Management do not listen to their employee's we are underappreciated and under paid for the job title and expectation.
The hardest part of the job is the way i am spoken to by management.
Avoid
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow easterhouse23 August 2019
Retail industry is hard to work in but Morrison's give in you an extra hard . Unsocial hours, holidays when no one else wants them usually allocated. Working 3 people job and expected to smile when u feel like you drop soon. New starts contracted 8 hours and being expected to be fully flex . Managment bunch of bullies ...best to avoid
Stay Away
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire20 August 2019
Any issues were never usually resolved if they were flagged up by sales assistant roles or similar/bog standard staff. Many staff members hated were they worked, you could tell as the morale was always so low, department managers overworked, shift changes a couple of hours before you were due to start, bullies in the workplace, bad food hygeine, having to work past your shift with no extra pay, honestly just a horrid place to work. Do not reccomend.
sales assistant
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Gamston, Nottinghamshire13 August 2019
the work environment is a very welcoming one. the workers are all team players and always help each other out. they are very understandably of young people who go to university as they allow you transfer stores due to your location.
People are nice but the work sucks
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire28 July 2019
your expected to do 3 people jobs, the staff levels are so low. Thier very little in surport as thier is no staff to suport you this is not the mangamnet fault but the company on a whole. But you do work with some case good people.
Rubbish work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Strood, Kent24 July 2019
Place is poorly run no manager of the store everyone has personal relationships and your never paid properly avoid at all costs! There is no chance of career progression unless your best friends with everyone
fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chippenham, Wiltshire18 July 2019
morrisons was a fun place to work, I always enjoyed walking in and seeing my colleagues. dealing with different people everyday was also fun. however the management could have been better.
Pros
fun and fast paced
Cons
having to work every weekend
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ebbw vale14 July 2019
It was good to start and then it was a nice nice place o work for
Was ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knottingley, West Yorkshire5 July 2019
Could do better for there employers treat you like a number when I was there but when I was on sick with breast cancer they was there for me until I left
A Satisfying Job with a great team of people
Sales and Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Skegness1 July 2019
Morrisons is a very enjoyable place to work. The team of staff from the checkouts to the management are ever so friendly, helpful and co-operative. The team consistently looks to improve itself by reviewing each employee and supporting them in the process. The environment at Morrisons is clean, tidy and well-organised.
Pros
Great job satisfaction, Flexible working hours
avoid
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Catcliffe, South Yorkshire24 June 2019
managers dont care if you have any problems and to many members off staff get treated differently to others and its so understaffed its unreal please avoid like the plague
Pros
Cons
everything
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire14 June 2019
Learnt how to give customers the best service they can ask for.
Managers very active and friendly.
Best part of the job is stacking shelves also work.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
less hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wm Morrisons Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

41.4K