Wm Morrisons Supermarkets
Information from Wm Morrisons Supermarkets:

Wm Morrisons Supermarkets Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Retail Sales Associate154 reviews
United Kingdom154 reviews
You get treated like rubbish it's the worse place to work only work there if you need the money cos it's not very good it's not good trust me the worst period of my life
Cons
They do not help or understand people with special needs . They need to do more training on .They need to be aware and a signature is required to show it's done They need not blame people who have had accidents ,some managers do not .
Worked in several different departments over my many years at Morrisons under four different store managers. A dreadful company to work for. Your working day will be overrun with work and if you're till trained (which most staff are) you'll be pulled off your department to sit for hours helping the main tills while not making your targets on your own department. You'll be criticised for this and asked to do better. Most staff are miserable which adds to a work culture of 'every man for himself.' This company are all about making money and talk a lot about helping staff but from my own experience within this store and what others have informed me, this is all talk. Staffing is constantly an issue. If you're from outside the UK and your first language isn't English you're going to be treated badly and ignored and bullied by the management team. Please consider working for another company.
I think it's the worst place I have ever worked. I have never been talked to by manager with such disrespect and attitude, if there was a problem he would brush it under the carpet and tell you if you dont like it then leave. The management just have no skills in how to talk to people and leave staff depressed!
Jobs included stacking shelfs making sure it looked clean,tidy and presentable, ready for customers,helping customers too find what they are looking for,going too the freezer at the back of the store and grabing carts of food bring them from the back too the shelfs and putting them on the shelfs.
A very busy, but pleasant working experience, daily jobs were easy, fast paced, engaging company and helpful advice and team players to help each other out, main store management were always helpful and thankful when helped them out cover shifts and help them cover sickness etc. Nohing much was difficult here especially if you just asked for support, Woking on your own may be difficult but its not something i deemed too stressful as you can only do what you can on your own.
good company to work for and a good place to progress if you want a career in retail as the possibility of progression is always open. Within the company there are always new departments to join and learn from too.
Employees are just numbers
More work being put on staff Lack of staff Empty shelves Very frustrating because without tool you can’t do your job Health issues well that’s a comment I can’t make Morale is low A very stressful place to work not like it used to be , thriving , and employees had😁on their places
Miscarriage you get a warning
Off with depression you get out on a warning

The company is very disappointing
Pros
Discounts card
Cons
Management no sick pay for 3years not disability friendly
A typical day at work is going in to do payroll, clear the email down and put on any holiday requests and make sure that all emails that need auctioning are auctioned. The management at the store are really professional
Pros
Fairs day pay for the work you do
Cons
Being put where ever they need you in the store
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Wm Morrisons Supermarkets?
The staff at morrisons were all extremely nice and lovely to work around and made the long hours much easier to go bye. hardest part of the role by far was the schedule being so long.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
I enjoyed working here colleagues and management were nice to work for benefits were good only reason I left because I was on a flexi contract and was offered permanent contract at different supermarket
Pros
Benefits were good
Cons
Flexi contact
Worked on the tills, which for me personally I didn't enjoy i'm not the type of person who enjoys sitting down all day. This job was just part time whilst I was at college, so I stuck it out until my course ended.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
long stock takes
very clean and busy place to work, all staff are very helpful and always willing to give advice and help, not sure about salary as it was a work placement
Pros
free lunch
Cons
early starts
Typical working environment you'd expect from a supermarket. Depending on your role each day could be very different. Senior management is not the greatest at times, team mangers are usually a lot better in my experience. Job role will provide you with good customer experience.
I would clock in. The supervisor would tell me what till i was on. I would sign into my till and turn on my till light. I would serve customer's and help pack there bags. I would get a 15 mins break at break time and a hour for lunch. If the shop was quite i will clean my till.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Morrisons is a great place to work, always interacting with customers. Customers can be very friendly and can get chatting with them for a while. Great place
Working at Morrison's was ok.
I learnt how to deal with tricky situations.

Management is alright.

working place culture is fair.

Doing different jobs.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
The shop was a great place to work
Management were second to none

The hardest part of the job there was not any always ready to help

we had a great team
Pros
great place to work
Cons
I worked nights and the manager was appalling. Lazy, rude and obnoxious. One night myself and a colleague did 9 pallets of stock working through our break and we only had half a cage left over by the end of the shift after 9 hours. The manager was annoyed we hadn't finished soon but there was no way any could've been faster baring in mind I was 3 weeks new and my colleague 3 months new. Pay good, hours good breaks good.
Pros
Pay
Cons
being a small shop we all built up close relationships pretty quickly.
the original management was fantastic, friendly and supportive.

we all worked well together and helped each other to complete daily tasks and general running of the store.

it became difficult when we knew the shop was to close and staff moral became very low.

I have stayed friends with many of the people I worked with
Pros
discount
Cons
store closed
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wm Morrisons Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.
1K