Wm Morrisons Supermarkets Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Found 144 reviews matching the search See all 4,246 reviews
easy job
Cashier / Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cannock8 April 2019
Worked on the tills, which for me personally I didn't enjoy i'm not the type of person who enjoys sitting down all day. This job was just part time whilst I was at college, so I stuck it out until my course ended.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
long stock takes
very productive
Store assistant (Former Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside1 April 2019
very clean and busy place to work, all staff are very helpful and always willing to give advice and help, not sure about salary as it was a work placement
Pros
free lunch
Cons
early starts
General good place to work, friendly staff.
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh12 February 2019
Typical working environment you'd expect from a supermarket. Depending on your role each day could be very different. Senior management is not the greatest at times, team mangers are usually a lot better in my experience. Job role will provide you with good customer experience.
Funplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hastings11 February 2019
I would clock in. The supervisor would tell me what till i was on. I would sign into my till and turn on my till light. I would serve customer's and help pack there bags. I would get a 15 mins break at break time and a hour for lunch. If the shop was quite i will clean my till.
Pros
Long breaks
Morrisons
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire24 January 2019
Morrisons is a great place to work, always interacting with customers. Customers can be very friendly and can get chatting with them for a while. Great place
Retail assistant (Current Employee) –  Blackpool, UK22 December 2018
Working at Morrison's was ok.
I learnt how to deal with tricky situations.
Management is alright.
working place culture is fair.
Doing different jobs.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
clean tidy we were always ready to help
Store Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Arbroath, Angus3 December 2018
The shop was a great place to work
Management were second to none
The hardest part of the job there was not any always ready to help
we had a great team
Pros
great place to work
Disgusting
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxted, Surrey21 November 2018
I worked nights and the manager was appalling. Lazy, rude and obnoxious. One night myself and a colleague did 9 pallets of stock working through our break and we only had half a cage left over by the end of the shift after 9 hours. The manager was annoyed we hadn't finished soon but there was no way any could've been faster baring in mind I was 3 weeks new and my colleague 3 months new. Pay good, hours good breaks good.
Pros
Pay
Cons
small store and close working group
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walton-on-Thames, Surrey14 November 2018
being a small shop we all built up close relationships pretty quickly.
the original management was fantastic, friendly and supportive.
we all worked well together and helped each other to complete daily tasks and general running of the store.
it became difficult when we knew the shop was to close and staff moral became very low.
I have stayed friends with many of the people I worked with
Pros
discount
Cons
store closed
Terrible management and bad morale.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester11 November 2018
Worked for Morrisons for a several years used to be a good place to work but over the last 3-4 years its just got worse every week. In store Senior management are terrible. They speak to staff like dirt and are liers and mostly incompetent of doing there own jobs. Also they are so far from reality when it comes to a time frame for a job.
Department manager are mostly ok but not great
Work to life balance is also terrible, it’s common for them to change your next week rota on a Sunday afternoon without telling staff.
Overall I would highly not advise working here unless its a last resort.
Pros
Cheap canteen
Cons
Management, management and management.
Was one of the worst Jobs I've had.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon9 November 2018
I worked for this company and they started off underpaying their new staff, management were rubbish, never cared about their staff, and many times I was told to forget health and safety and just do the job at hand, even if that meant injuring the public, put it this way I would rather work in removals and warehouse jobs than ever work for this company again.
Pros
Money was okay when we got the full amount
Cons
Everything else
Horrible!
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  England6 November 2018
I've just left after doing 10+ years at Morrisons. Despite multiple department moves in that time, I never had a leaving interview, nor a thank you from a duty manager for the length of service I had done!
Pros
Discount card, cheap staff food
Cons
Bullying from a collegue of which he still kept his job, underappreciated from certain managers, rude customers and collegues
work exsperience
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitley Bay, Tyne and Wear26 October 2018
I was doing a work experience for 2 weeks given by Universal Credit it was supposed to be 4 but I not long sprained my ankle so I could not keep up at the time
Fun place to work
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guisley10 October 2018
I enjoyed working there as i met new people and made new friends, the customers were generally nice but i did get the odd few not so nice ones. The management team were very nice and helpful and easy to talk to and get along with.
Pros
nice people
Job at morrisons
Festival Park Stoke Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  stoke9 October 2018
while I worked there I was responsible for providing excellent customer service. my day to day duties was helping assist with stock and stock control. I also had to cover other departments to ensure store efficiency.
Pros
Being able to shop after work and school hours.
Cons
madness at christmas.
Food Replenisher
Warehouse/Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redcar29 August 2018
Very poor communication from Management to staff on the floor. I felt like I had no chance right from the start of my employment. I felt like I was used just for the 14 weeks training.
My store is in the sh*tter
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire19 August 2018
The work environment has become a pretty horrific place to be. We have less staff than ever, but are told "we have enough", even though the workload has increased...

We're discouraged from suggesting "lack of staff", but when 3 or 4 counters have ONE person running them all, you're taking the mick. Customers wait an age to be served and I'm sure they've picked up on the stress levels. Everyone is snappy, frustrated and on edge. Some individuals in management are being bullies and horrible to staff members but they get away with every time someone or some people complain.

On top of all this, we're also expected to drop our own dept jobs to help out other areas of the store. Normally a good thing, except we have no staff...it's robbing Peter to pay Paul! Shortly after which, everyone is berated for not getting their own jobs done after been taken away from said jobs.

TL;DR

Dont join the Malton store
Pros
It's money
Cons
Everything else
Would only work there if desperate
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peckham, Greater London23 July 2018
Initially enjoyed working here, however, when it was good it was fun but when it was bad it was horrid. Nepotism was rife, it's not what you know but who you know was very evident.
If there was a problem the Management team were uninterested and made excuses for bad behaviour.
The hardest part if the job, after a while was actually going to work knowing that it was going to be rubbish.
The most enjoyable was some of the friends that I made there.
I learned to just get on with it and always keep notes.
Pros
10% discount
Great wage and easy to learn.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire17 July 2018
The day went smoothly and was rarely a dreaded experience, but its always difficult working in such a corporate company. Unfortunately I found the management to be extremely unprofessional, sexist and lazy.
Pros
Good wage
Cons
Only 15 mins break
Enjoyed the work, am looking for full time however.
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham12 July 2018
I enjoy the work. However, I am now looking for more hours and they are not willing to increase my contract. I have been moved departments & they haven't given much support.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wm Morrisons Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

41.3K