Wm Morrisons Supermarkets Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 208 reviews matching the search See all 4,258 reviews
great place to work
Customer Services Assistant- I (Former Employee) –  Stamford, Lincolnshire9 June 2019
had so many fun times here, only worked part time but great people to work with and got great feedback from customers. management weren't the best......
awful
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  walsall7 June 2019
i loved working for morrisons and was very loyal. The last couple of years they have started to make people like me on old contracts with long service want to leave.
Pros
customere
Cons
management
Productive, consistent customer service.
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield4 June 2019
Make sure that you have the correct Uniform dress code.
Clean hair,No creases in your uniform,Smart black comfortable shoes.

You'd put all your personal/valuable belongings in the locker room locked away with your personal locker key.

Once you have done that you'd make your way to a swipe in point. Where you swipe your working colleagues personal card to swipe into your shift for the day. For example a 9am-2pm Shift.

I've learnt many things at morrisons such as.

Dealing with argumentative customers
Communicating with colleagues to help with customer service care
Putting customers needs first
Reporting any problems to the manager/boss of the company
Reporting complaints/feedback
How to work as a team
Become more open minded and sociable with the general public

The hardest part of working at morrisons is definitely at the customer service desk, because you are the one to take control and you've got to know the correct words and the correct actions to take with every individual customers needs.

However with that being said I honestly enjoy working on the customer service desk as you are the one to see customers arrive and leave.
Pros
Contracted hours, Breaks
Cons
Unpaid breaks, Short breaks, rarely give out full time shifts, Unset days
The company has gone down hill in recent years under staffed would not recommend working for morrisons
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire23 May 2019
Management only interested in themselves not employees, having worked within the company for a number of years I have personally seen the decline in staff moral and a number of long serving staff leaving
Pros
It pays the bills
Cons
No overtime, bad management, withdrawal of bonus and no extra for Sunday’s and bank holidays
Productive workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queensbury22 May 2019
A typical day at morrisons would start early with myself being required to check stock and refill stock in areas that needed filling. Management were really nice and down to earth people who let you get on with your jobs and trusted in you to do your job to the best of your ability.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Heavy items to lift
fun team to work with
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire16 May 2019
it was a good job and they encouraged people to progress from within the company to more senior roles, a great place for part time or full time work depending on your circumstances
Pros
store discount
Cons
small hour contravts
Management awful
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carterton, Oxfordshire9 May 2019
I absolutely Loved my job here until management made my life difficult. And staff changes were made.
I worked here for 3 years before yet again more management left and another set of new ones.
Each one seemed to change the rules but actually didnt spend time with you or your department to discuss changes needed if any.
Communication is poor
And the workplace is very ‘clicky’
If you don’t fit in with those people, prepare to be pushed out.

From someone who completely loved their job to someone who would probably never work for Morrisons again
Pros
4 weekly pay, staff discount
Cons
Clicky staff, bad management, poor communication
working for Morrisons has given me a boost to my work experience. The management also provides ample learning courses to built your confidence
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gorse covert, Loughborough7 May 2019
Working for Morrisons has given me a boost to my experience working in retail industry.The Management has been very helpful to boost your work experience.The management also provides ample learning courses to built your confidence.
Pros
extra overtime
Cons
late working shifts
bad to work for
Customer Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bramley and Sherfield29 April 2019
shelf stacking stock replenishment. Too much management not enough workers. Short notice shift changes was a common thing this was terrible as you worked 5 days a week Monday through Sunday and 2 or more was always late shifts.
Pros
nice people
Cons
not a nice place to work
good place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maldon, Essex25 April 2019
long hours reasonable pay. good chance to progress if you work hard. good rewards include bonuses and the share save scheme.
I recommend you to work here
Pros
pay
Cons
long hours. boring
Great team and great salary
Customer service assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow25 April 2019
You go through a lot of training, to become one of the great customer assistants. You work with a great team of people who always thrive to help you whenever you need it. Understanding management and a competitive salary for new and existing recruits
Not a great enviroment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes22 April 2019
Company is going down hill removing bonus schemes for colleagues whom have been long serving members of thee company not impressed with how things are operated in the company
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cambourne, Cambridgeshire22 April 2019
Fill out all paperwork as required
help and deal with customers on a regular basis
answer the store phone
report any equipment which is not working correctly.
Sort out customer orders
The most enjoyable part of my job is making a customer happy
The hardest part is when you can do nothing to help them or someone is rude to you and it is hard not to take it personally but I have got better with this over the years.
On a whole I have a lot of respect for all the managers, and on most occasions if I have needed help for whatever reason they have tried there best to accommodate.
I have learnt so much over the years to much to mention , the biggest thing is to be patience, stay calm and try your best to help people as this is my job.
Pros
good hourly rate of pay
Cons
working bank holidays and over easter, christmas and new year
Customer assistant
customer service assistant (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire4 April 2019
I worked here for 18 months as both a produce worker and as a checkout worker, On a typical day I would serve customers and replenish stock. I worked over several different shifts
Pros
Discount card
Cons
LOng hours
If you value your health
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seaford, East Sussex29 March 2019
If you value your health and well being, then STOP and don't even bother with this company. Disgusting management, bullies and SEXIST. Morale is awful, everyone is miserable. Losing more staff than we gain.
Cons
Reason why im looking to better my self
Customer Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coalville, Leicestershire23 March 2019
Always on the go, always something to do, just short in staff, I work on the deli counter so we are always slicing meat and cheese fresh for customers and
Pros
N/a
Cons
Short staff, no work life balance and hardly a weekend off
Customer Service Assistant
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire21 March 2019
I worked for Morrison's Supermarket for around 8 years as a part time Customer Service Assistant. Got along really well with everyone on my department and throughout the store. The job was a great first job after leaving school and was an excellent learning experience for entry into the world of work. Duties were what you would expect from a Retail job.

The customers were always great and very rarely did I come across an awkward customer. Queries were along the lines of what you would expect from supermarket customers.

After working there for around 6 years the senior management in the store changed and the environment become toxic and stale which fed through to each department and to the staff, this then contributed to an increase in staff turn over.

I was eventually dismissed after 8 years for something rather trivial which I think demonstrates senior staff will find a reason to get rid of you if you're unwilling to sacrifice your pride and pander to their ego. This didn't bother me as I was attending university at the time and was already under an extensive workload trying to juggle the two.

All is all a great experience and a great introduction to the world of work.
Pros
Great staff, Great customers, Straight forward responsibilities, Profit Share, Staff Discount.
Cons
As with any workplace susceptible to hiring degenerative senior staff.
Mixture of everything
Part Time Customer Service / Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morpeth26 February 2019
Fast pace working environment. Shifts were awkward however worked with some lovely people and got on well with managers. Was a good first part time job.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Borehamwood7 February 2019
Management werent Good some of the staff couldnt even be bothered to do any work.
No understanding on disabilities amd what to do if somthing happened
Rude and arrogant.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great ethics
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Margate, Kent28 January 2019
I'm a huge fan of the constant stride to reduce plastic! The colleagues at my store are lovely. The lunch breaks are fair and the staff room sells food very cheaply
Pros
Cheap lunch
Cons
Short hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wm Morrisons Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

41.3K