Wm Morrisons Supermarkets
Information from Wm Morrisons Supermarkets:

Wm Morrisons Supermarkets Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative270 reviews
United Kingdom270 reviews
This is a very busy supermarket located in a residential area. The working day is fast paced and tasks are mostly target driven to achieve optimum results for the store.
Contracted for a 15 hours a week and would be rotated in for 37+ without being asked, and always impossible to reduce hours.
Shifts start at 5 or 6 am (home deliveries). Lazy team leaders who sit on phones and don't do any work themselves.
Pros
3 x 15% discount cards
Cons
Early starts with no extra pay insentive
Line Management for the department I was on was shocking. Store manager however is lovely.
No compassion from the line manager. Staff told to prioritise work over family. Day off sick? Expect to be scolded for caring about your health. Take as much overtime as you can because the next weeks rota might not be many hours for no reason at all.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Poor management, Unhelpful for personal issues. No flexibility. Early starts, 15 min break on 8 hour shifts.
I joined Morrisons after working for the local authority in a school for 15 years. I had been made redundant and sent on a Morrisons course by the job centre I met so many lovely people who then became my work colleagues as we were all successful at interview stage. My plan was to work in the store for 6 months then return to my former role.... 5 years later I'm still at Morrisons working as part of a huge team and most of my friends I started with!! I've been promoted and I'm happy in my work.
Pros
Lovely staff Great customers Nice atmosphere
Cons
Constantly changing management so expectations constantly change...
Personnel are not there to help. No structures or fairness across the store. Unrealistic expections of work loads. Management couldn't organise themselves let alone staff. Some managers walk around like they have nothing to do. They would walk past wet floor signage to get a member of staff to do it rather than do it themselves.
Pros
If your face fits you get an easy ride.
Cons
If you don't cowtail to management then they are out to make your life as difficult as possible
Nothing special. You work as the business needs. Not flexible around you. Management pretty poor wouldn't listen to suggestions to be more efficient or make staff happier. Pay is the only thing that is decent. Can't get away early if you need to but happily keep you later than finishing time. Contracted hours mean nothing will double the hours if they want so expect to work more than your actual hours.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor Management
probably one of the worst companies I've worked for in 10 years of working in retail. changed start times from 5am to 4am for no reason without explanation or prior warning. absolutely NO care for health & safety within the store managers turning a blind eye to how things are being done it's an accident waiting to happen!! constant battle between picking staff & delivery staff to work on the shop floor causing everyone to fall over each other with management setting more & more unrealistic targets. cardboard & plastic wrap from deliveries left scattered all over floors, spillages not cleaned up, full & empty pallets left blocking aisles & walkways, absolutely no room to move around safely, no PPE provided to staff, horrible bullying culture with low staff morale, constant changes to procedures EVERY DAY rules seem to change to suit management. I could go on and on.........
Pros
Cons
everything
Used to be a brilliant place to work, but now it's all about profits and management care about their personal bonus,no work/life balance,some lazy staff who get away with being lazy because they are friendly with management,higher up management really don't care about employees only the tills going Leeching,regional manager Ivo had no manners towards hard working staff only if you are higher up management he will acknowledge you, always restructures happening,I think next restructure will be regional management,if you value your life AVIID this place!!!
Pros
Clocking out for sometime
Cons
Regional management, undervalued, overworked
I say a mixed bag of emotions because, while it was a decent job and extremely well paid I have to nit pick as I was wrongly fired. I didn't provide information about "Any Disabilities" They did not need to know said information by law nonetheless, and yet when they managed to get the information out of me via a phone meeting the person on the peoples team was basically politely firing me. TL:DR Fired for discrimination.

Nice one, what a joke. Considering taking legal action.
Morrisons is a really good place to work as all the staff are really good a welcoming you into the company and it is really good paid for the workplace.
Great place to work with friendly colleagues who are willing to help each other out - management are ok to work with but tend to disappear when your busy!
Not a pleasent place to work, even with the pandemic going on it's all about profits now and staff are just the number on their name badge, after all this pandemic is over I predict another major staff overhaul a big one, jobs are not save, when they do another staff overhaul hopefully it will be HR and Regional HR management and Regional manangement both and all highly paid and utterly useless
A very good supermarket to work for but only if you can blend in with staff and be part of a team and have a smile on your face. Managers are good and helpful.
Pros
10% discount and 20% at Christmas
Cons
Different tasks
working in sales can be depressing. it is the same thing everyday. the best thing about it was the staff they were great fun but the distance from my home was around 2 hours long which adds up to 4 hours by bus.
Interesting and varied. Different and fast paced. Good management. Good team working . Good benefits and salary.You often get the chance to work in different areas of the store which is fascinating.
Shocking pay and they want you to wear business wear at the same time.
The manager is so sly and they want you to learn 8 weeks worth of stuff in about 3 weeks.

Systems are shocking

Avoid avoid avoid.

This is morrisons head office not the stores.
I'm a hard working individual that strives to be better every day! When it come to working with team i love to hear other opinions, it makes team work more effective. I'm always looking for new chalange.
Pros
for good teamwork
Cons
I don't have this
Willingness to be involved in other departments other than your own.
Being flexible with job hours.

Demanding at times.

Working as part of a team and independently.
Shop understaffed all the time,manager not interested especially if your face does not fit,previous manager brilliant but new manager not so,,,god help you if you have mental Heath problems,no support given whatsoever by management or underlings,,,majority of colleagues fine and in same boat but those in with management made life difficult,I actually enjoyed working here for the part just a shame when I was clearly having problems with my mental health that no one helped me xx
I worked there for some time the management do not care about the staff they allow bulling and expect you to do the work of five people or more you are put on departments you are not signed off or trained on your job is at risk due to not being trained correctly I wouldn't recommend it as a place to work under any circumstances
typical day at work would involve setting up the counter, make sure all products are freshly cooked and all paperwork done and signed. I learnt to provide a great customer service and run a team as well. I worked in a variety of departments and became knowledgeable in all aspects of running fresh food counters and supervising and training teams.
The hardest part of the job were staff shortages and meeting a huge customer demand especially at lunch times. It was rewarding having a great team and ending the day with good sales and having completed all jobs for the day.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wm Morrisons Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.
1K