Wm Morrisons Supermarkets Employee Reviews for Customer Assistant

Found 207 reviews matching the search See all 4,450 reviews
Great Workplace Plenty of Employee Benefits
Customer Assistant - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire9 October 2019
Great Environment help and support available. There are many opportunities to progress with various schemes in place to help you climb up the hierarchy. Benefits such as holiday and sick pay as well as being part of a union. Flexibility around availability allows for a strong work life balance
Stressful and Competitive
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheadle6 October 2019
A typical day at Morrisons is stressful and requires a lot of hard work whilst on top of this your expected to put up with little flexibility and a very poor work life balance.
Short Staffed
Customer assistant (Current Employee) –  Devon2 October 2019
Cuts in manning levels have meant that not not all tasks are able to be completed within the working day ,this in turn has lead to dealing with additional complaints from the shoppers as items are not on sale.
Pros
Subsidised canteen, good online benefits portal with many offers.
Cons
Insufficient manpower
Productive workplace.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire28 September 2019
Overall, Morrisons is a great company to work for and I am thankful that I have this job.

Depending on which department you work on however, the job can be quite dull. Checkouts is interesting as you get to meet and deal with new people - but it is generally understaffed and most shop-floor workers get pulled off their departments to help out. The market street departments are good too as you feel as though you're actually producing/contributing to something. The shop-floor departments on the other hand are a lot more monotonous, boring and stifling as every shift is more-or-less the same. But this is to be expected when working on the lower levels in retail.
How i feel about my job
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kent27 September 2019
I love working at morrisons but would like more hours.all the staff are friendly who I work with.the only down fall i find is that the isnt enough stock on the shelves because of the lack of staff
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester25 September 2019
I would highly recommend Morrisons as a place to work to anyone.
They can be very flexible with hours (initially), the workplace environment is friendly with a great team that i work with.
Cons
Hard to change fixed hours
Poor management
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire25 September 2019
It really isn’t a bad place to work if you can be prepared to put up with managers using their rank to pick on people. I’ve been working there for nearly a year and still haven’t been able to access a pay slip no matter how many times I’ve been to management about sorting it. Most of the staff are friendly and easy to get on with so there is a plus side I suppose.
Stressful yet Rewarding
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rothwell22 September 2019
Having worked there for 2 years, I was satisfied with the flexibility of my hours, yet it was a rather stressful environment. I would have continued working there if I didnt have to move for University.
Flexible with Hours. Company is an absolute nightmare
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Porth17 September 2019
The hours are really flexible which was helpful for uni. But every single employee in the store I worked would constantly complain about management and genuinely ridiculous rules and work methods that baffled everyone. Store is on the verge of a mass walkout.
Forced to take all holiday hours for the year once their refreshed or you don't get to pick specific days. Was never trained properly
Decent rate of pay
Pros
Flexible hours, 8.70p/h
Cons
Everything else
Stressful and uninspiring
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent17 September 2019
A typical say is stressful. Usually there is not enough staff working to accommodate the volume of customers. This leads to poor service, cleanliness and complaints from customers. Management doesn't seem to realise this or do anything about it. The tasks are monotonous and boring and at times unpleasant. Usually some items on the hot food menu are unavailable. Sometimes due to equipment malfunctions hot food is entirely unavailable aside form eggs and toast. This leads to many complaints and is embarrassing to tell customers, which is the hardest part of the job. Despite these issues being reported nothing is done. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with other colleagues, who try their best to approach the job with a sense of humour.
Great environment to work in.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hoddesdon5 September 2019
I love working for morrisons have been with them for 2years now.
Best move I made to date.
The Co workers are great we all work together to get the job done.
Training is brilliant.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hours not long enougth
Great Place to work
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guiseley, West Yorkshire5 September 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers you meet and get to help. A typical day at morrisons is going to the checkouts and serving the general public.
good job
Customer Assistant (Checkouts) (Former Employee) –  Wokingham3 September 2019
long hours but worked with fun people
learnt customer service
management could be more organised
enjoyed working alongside colleagues
soagfgda fudas aft dosage dash adshf adshg afs9ug
Very busy and have to work hard but good pay and benefits. No hassle work place
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ayrshire2 September 2019
Have to work hard here but you are treated well and with respect. The pay is good as are the conditions. The management are fair and approachable. I enjoyed my time here.
Workplace is dirty
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  London23 August 2019
In the warehouse there rats eating stock and running around like it is there home. The management is also disrespectful and rude, they ask you to do jobs that they wont even do themselves. I would not suggest any one to work at Morrisons. Even if they applications because it seems the company is making cuts from everywhere, because they do not have the 'budget' to pay staff.
Pros
No pros
Great Team to work with.
CUSTOMER PRODUCE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Watford16 August 2019
As a produce customer assistant I have been at Morrisons plc for six years, I work early morning u loading deliveries, making sure the department is well presented for customers with every prices available for customers to see.

I have gained more great customers skills whilst working here.
learn lots of skills
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scotland16 August 2019
May have to help out other departments as well as doing your own job.
Trained in many areas such as self scan, kiosk, customer.
Shifts may vary.
Friendly coworkers
Unprofessional, Lazy
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fleet, Hampshire14 August 2019
Whether my “review” is accurate or not highly depends on the manager in charge, but most days (5-6/7) the workplace is lousy, staff are rude and unhelpful and managers are no different.

Payment has been off on multiple occasions and overtime is rarely counted properly.
Great company, bad admin manager
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire13 August 2019
Great company and shop to work in, unfortunately very very high staff turnover due to admin managers bullying tactics, also threatens staff if they’re off Ill even if it is very rare. Even disciplined a lady who had operation.
If your face fits and she likes you all well and good, if not-watch out!
Nearly all staff are lovely except the runners. But they are favourites of office manager. Why there has never been an investigation over high staff turnover I’ll never know. Even good pay don’t keep people like me!! I’ve got a decent job but get a £1 less per hour.
Customer orientated
Customer assistant Morrisons, Parsons Green (Current Employee) –  Saint Ives3 August 2019
Helped me gain experience with people skills. Although it's not a fun job, the pay is good for the difficulty of the job. However there is still a lot of responsibility when helping costumers.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Boring job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wm Morrisons Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

41.4K